Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2006   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Joppru Article

Just read this and hadn't seen it posted yet, so I thought I would help out on a slow news day.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...ic.php?t=99710

DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #2
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice story, I'm pulling for Bennie, but what struck me is that he's down to 235! That is very light for a TE and I'm wondering how that will effect is blocking.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #3
Scottyboy
Veteran

Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #4
Samer
Veteran

I really do hope that Bruener will stay healthy and be able to play...I feel bad because he has been so injured and hasn't been able to prove to anyone how good he can if
Old 06-18-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE
I don't see this being the order, Putzier and Bruener will see the most time depending on whether they want more of a blocking TE or a receiving TE in for any particular situation. Joppru and then Ben Steele or Owen Daniels will round out the rest of the TE core and see a decent amount of action as we will probably use a decent amount of 2-TE sets and rotate them frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer
I really do hope that Bruener will stay healthy and be able to play...I feel bad because he has been so injured and hasn't been able to prove to anyone how good he can if
Do you mean Joppru? Bruener has never had drastic injury problem
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #6
Samer
Veteran

Sorry lol I meant Joppru
Old 06-18-2006   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems kind of odd to me that Joppru is garnering as much attention now as when he was drafted, especially since he hasn't played an official down of pro ball. Is that because he should be a real talent(he WAS a 2nd round pick) or is it just that slow for news in the NFL? Regardless, I hope he stays healthy this year so we can all be the judge on that.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
Putizer Starting
Joppru Back Up
Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE
I see us using double TE formations in which Breuner will be the blocker and Putzier and Joppru will be the receiving TEs. If Joppru can become a better blocker, I can even see a Joppru/ Putzier combo. I think Kubiack would like Owens and Joppru to become well rounded though so that they can compliment each other down the line.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #9
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
It seems kind of odd to me that Joppru is garnering as much attention now as when he was drafted, especially since he hasn't played an official down of pro ball. Is that because he should be a real talent(he WAS a 2nd round pick) or is it just that slow for news in the NFL? Regardless, I hope he stays healthy this year so we can all be the judge on that.
We are basically getting two round two picks this year, both of which could be special in the future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read