Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Justice & McClain provide so good information

http://www.chron.com/sports/

Go to the Justice & McClain show. McClain has provided some very informative information on various aspects of the Texans. Thank you John McClain. Hopefully, they get back into the game, because it would be nice for us fans. He even feels we will take Philly.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Texan's Chick created quite a stir among the fan base. A little spur in the side never hurt a stuborn mule. Chick you have mighty sharp spurs on those boots you wear. Were those boots made for walking?
Old 06-18-2006   #3
Tex Trenches
Veteran

If he can't speak without bringing up "his boy" Vince Young or Reggie Bush, I'd rather him not speak at all. He obviously hasn't gotten over the fact that we passed on these two. What a jack***.
Old 06-18-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Listened to the recap by McClain, and I almost wince every time I hear him
confidantly predict we'll win the season open against Philly: with McClain's record of pickin 'em that's gotta be the kiss of death for sure in that game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Trenches
If he can't speak without bringing up "his boy" Vince Young or Reggie Bush, I'd rather him not speak at all. He obviously hasn't gotten over the fact that we passed on these two. What a jack***.
Yes, but he stated some other things I wanted to hear.

1) Both the O-line and D-line are looking good. That has a good ring to it.

2) DD continues to be a problem in that he's not ready. They like him and he's our number 1 back, but he just is not ready.

3) Babin at this point has beat out Peek for the starting position. I'm not too concerned about that because we will probably rotate that position to keep a fresh body in at all times. We might even give Mario a play or two off.

4) The Bennit deal is as I expected. NO won't trade until they know what is happening to Duce and Reggie. He said both are still injured. Duce has the same kind of problem as DD after surgery. Contrary to some he seemed to imply that Bush still has injury problems.

5) Mentioned Smith( I believe that's who it was) with the Titans would fit our system, but he is injury prone. Read Cloaknnndaggar on this one I think he has pretty good opinion which is different from McClain.

6) TJ and Mathis had better get their acts together, because they will cut people who are not able to perform. TJ and Mathis are to report back to continue to work on their recoveries. Sorted of sounded like do it or else you won't like the consequences.

7) He thinks Philly is nothing special and we should beat them.

8) He predicts we will win 6-7 games this year. Thinks the offense will be ahead of the defense at the start of the year.

9) We are having big problem's with our LB's.

So he said some interesting things in between the VY and Bush things. He kind of had a terse tone to his statements like perhapes he had to do this report.
Old 06-18-2006   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodness gracious....

McLain's asked about the Texans starters at RB and MCLain just immediately rattles off the RBs for the TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! until the other guy stops him and says, "No, John...what about the Texans..."

What a goober. How does a guy like this get to be where he's at?

Geez..............talk about a wandering mind. That guy is mentally living in Tennessee. And on staff at a Houston newspaper.
Old 06-18-2006   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Ibar_Harry]Yes, but he stated some other things I wanted to hear.

4) The Bennit deal is as I expected. NO won't trade until they know what is happening to Duce and Reggie. He said both are still injured. Duce has the same kind of problem as DD after surgery. Contrary to some he seemed to imply that Bush still has injury problems.

5) Mentioned Smith( I believe that's who it was) with the Titans would fit our system, but he is injury prone. Read Cloaknnndaggar on this one I think he has pretty good opinion which is different from McClain.

------------------------

I believe you meant Chris Brown RB Titans.

The other point that doesn't surprise me is Bush's alleged hamstring condition...........Having sustained his injury after simple warmup, again lends me to the conclusion that this may very well result in a recurrent chronic problem for someone who makes his living on planting, cutting and relying on being explosive from the line.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

[quote=CloakNNNdagger]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Yes, but he stated some other things I wanted to hear.

------------------------

I believe you meant Chris Brown RB Titans.

The other point that doesn't surprise me is Bush's alleged hamstring condition...........Having sustained his injury after simple warmup, again lends me to the conclusion that this may very well result in a recurrent chronic problem for someone who makes his living on planting, cutting and relying on being explosive from the line.
Thank you. Sometimes in the heat of typing a name escapes you and that's why I referenced it that way.
Old 06-18-2006   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Goodness gracious....

McLain's asked about the Texans starters at RB and MCLain just immediately rattles off the RBs for the TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! until the other guy stops him and says, "No, John...what about the Texans..."

What a goober. How does a guy like this get to be where he's at?

Geez..............talk about a wandering mind. That guy is mentally living in Tennessee. And on staff at a Houston newspaper.
my sentiments, exactly. I lose more respect for McClain with each passing day.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, what kind of problems do we have at LB position? I thoght we had enough of them.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant waite untill Megan Manfull takes over.......She uses what the players say and does not add her own 2 cents every sentence, she reports what is going on.............she does not use it for her own personall soap box, McClain needs to get out fast cause I can not see him doing Texan football for the next couple years, cause he would find some way to put VYs name in there some where.

I personally think that Bob McNair and Co. are not giving him anymore inside information, cause what does he report that we dont allready know this year. All that stuff they wrote during the draft about how stupid our franchise is for not drafting a surtain person I think really ticked off Mr.McNair.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LB's

McClain said we are having BIG PROBLEMS with our LB positions. Anyone know what the problems are? This is the first I've heard of any problems with the LB's.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #13
Reaction Red
Rookie

The problem with our linebackers is that they're all average at best. With the exception of the rookie, which of the linebackers on the rosters excites you? Greenwood is OK. Wong is....well I dont have anything nice to say so I wont say anything at all. They just arent very good.
Reaction Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #14
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
6) TJ and Mathis had better get their acts together, because they will cut people who are not able to perform. TJ and Mathis are to report back to continue to work on their recoveries. Sorted of sounded like do it or else you won't like the consequences.
I think that you misunderstood what he was saying. Now TJ better get his act together but why should Jerome Mathis be worried. If you listened closely all McClain said was all the injured players needed to stay around for treatment. Teams are not going to cut players just because they are hurt. They can't actually. Also Mathis and TJ are not mentioned together when speaking of players lack of performance i.e. they are not playing well or doing their jobs in practice. TJ being possibly cut has nothing to do with his calf injury and everything to do with playing bad and being fat. Please do not start spreading doom and gloom.

Last edited by bigbrewster2000; 06-19-2006 at 07:37 AM.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN
Guys, what kind of problems do we have at LB position? I thoght we had enough of them.
In the NFL that is the sure sign that you have a problem with a position. Essentially, the Texans are throwing bodies at the problem and hoping that someone emerges.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #16
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default McClain

McClain's writting lost respect from me a long time ago!

Don't let the door hit you in the ars on the way out Johnny boy!

Go Megan!!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #17
Sportsfan
All Pro

I appreciate The General's reporting b/c you gotta admit, he has good information and knows a boat-load of people in the NFL and in the sports world in general.
But when it comes to his predictions and opinions about things, especially his sneaky little interjections about the Titans and/or VY, I just can't stand that crap.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaction Red
The problem with our linebackers is that they're all average at best. With the exception of the rookie, which of the linebackers on the rosters excites you? Greenwood is OK. Wong is....well I dont have anything nice to say so I wont say anything at all. They just arent very good.
How has Orr been doing during training camp? He was stand out for us last year. Is he even playing outside outside linebacker in the 43 or is he playing the Middle. I thought Polk was pretty solid, he is playing middle as well isn't he?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaction Red
Not true............Sam Cowart is a very good MLB, he has just been out of practice.......Wali Rainer is a Jammie Sharper mould but is more of an athlete and can cover better he not just a down hill LB, Demeco dont have to say anything about that guy, Troy is a guy that can hold it down if somone gets hurt, Polk did well when he had his chance last year thats why he is still here, Orr I think is going to have a great year he I think is better then Steve Foley and Wong if healthy this year is a good pass rushing LB that will accationaly pick off a ball and he is very smart.

Grade wise I think they are a B-.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000
I think that you misunderstood what he was saying. Now TJ better get his act together but why should Jerome Mathis be worried. If you listened closely all McClain said was all the injured players needed to stay around for treatment. Teams are not going to cut players just because they are hurt. They can't actually. Also Mathis and TJ are not mentioned together when speaking of players lack of performance i.e. they are not playing well or doing their jobs in practice. TJ being possibly cut has nothing to do with his calf injury and everything to do with playing bad and being fat. Please do not start spreading doom and gloom.
Mathis has been mentioned a number of times to be in a position similar to TJ, but perhaps has more leave way. Mathis can probably recover and get in the good graces of Kubiak if he desires to, but I think TJ has got a real up hill battle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read