Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2006   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris Brown or Chris Brown

There's been rumors of Chris Brown being on the block and I don't like Kris Brown, mainly because of the Titans game last year, but bygones are bygones and I still don't like him.

Who'd you rather see donning the Texans logo on their helmet, Chris Brown the RB
or Kris Brown the K?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see both. But if I had to choose one, I would choose Chris Brown. There's no guaranteed that Davis will stay healthy. It would be nice to have insurance. Of course Chris Brown has also been hurt, but with them splitting carries, the chances would probably lessen.

Of course, I don't know how many good kickers are out there. Kris Brown can be a good kicker. I would rather have him than Billy Cundiff.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #3
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I dont trust Kris Brown because of that Titans game, I would love to see Chris Brown in our Uniform

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #4
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 12 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

chris brown because he is a good RB and kris brown is an average kicker that is replaceable

Last edited by Hutch13; 06-17-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yep..Chris Brown..Young and good
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
chris brown because he is a good RB and kris brown is an average kicker that is replaceable

You youngsters seem pretty eager to throw Kris Brown under the bus! But, just who is out there to replace him that is any good?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
You youngsters seem pretty eager to throw Kris Brown under the bus! But, just who is out there to replace him that is any good?
There's Paul Edinger and the undrafted FAs. I just think that there's only room for one Ch/Kris Brown on this team, and that little hip hop singer ain't it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2006   #8
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

chris brown is a pretty good back, ,id take him over michael bennett
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #9
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

me too, i think the whole bennett thing is a waste of time and effort
Old 06-18-2006   #10
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris

Kris Brown, in a heartbeat. We've never really had to deal with a kicker that just flat out could not make a kick, much like other teams *cough the cowboys* have had to. I'd MUCH rather have a clutch kicker (and don't kid yourself. Kris has won MANY more games than he's lost us) than another RB to join the stable that we have in the offense that we run.

edited to make my post make more sense. An original version of my quite exists below in SheTexan's quote box.

Last edited by ensign_lee; 06-19-2006 at 12:58 AM.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Kris Brown, in a heartbeat. We've never really had to deal with a kicker that just flat out could not make a kick, much like other teams *cough the cowboys* have to. I'd MUCH rather than a clutch kicker (and don't kid yourself. Kris has won MANY more games than he's lost us) than another RB with the stable that we have and the offense that we run.

Totally agree!! KRIS Brown without a doubt! It would be nice to have both though, that's for sure! There's just not that many ESTABLISHED kickers out there and KRIS has done a good job for the Texans! (lets forget the latter part of last year ) I would take an established kicker over ANOTHER injured RB anyday!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

As aj and I emphasize.........."When healthy."

You may want to review this entire Chris Brown thread (including my post which chronicles his injury history).

Chris Brown
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Brown to the Texans?

This rumor is starting to gain some traction...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

old news right?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I just saw the date. Hell, there's nothing else going on and I'm getting tired of the Bennett thread... so why not?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #16
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Wait in this three team trade what do we have to give up... a 4th round?
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got me all excited, thought he was here, I have a feeling he or Bennett will be.

I see no problem with having Antwan cut and Chris Brown comming in, you dont need 2 big backs. Injuries maybe but Chris is a freak of a back though.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #18
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
old news right?
If you call two weeks ago "old" then yeah, its old.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
If you call two weeks ago "old" then yeah, its old.
On this board, that is an eternity.
Old 06-23-2006   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Brown wants to be traded to us so that way he can now be Jason Simmons teammate.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read