Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-16-2006   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Vince Young stories

I thought it would be good to have a thread for posting Vince Young stories. I found this one linked on hornfans.com. Then we can discuss how the Texans made one of the all time colossal draft day blunders in passing on him

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps...606160349/1006
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #2
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn
I thought it would be good to have a thread for posting Vince Young stories. I found this one linked on hornfans.com. Then we can discuss how the Texans made one of the all time colossal draft day blunders in passing on him

I remember back in '05 I was walkin' down the street and Austin, and I got some bubble gum stuck in my hair. Vince Young was walking by, opened up his backpack, took out a jar of peanut butter, and got that gum right out of my hair.

I don't think Mario woulda had peanut butter. He would have just used scissors or somthin'.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #3
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

You guys are honestly telling me that with the number 1 pick overall.. at that 1 pick. You would have taken Young. Don't get me wrong he's an athlete. Personally I don't like him but he wasn't a number 1 overall pick.
Old 06-17-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I guess your safe with that comment for the next 4 years or so.........Seeing how he has not played a down in the NFL.

I think we made a great choice with Mario.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #5
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I remember when Vince beat the dynasty of USC, in one of the greatest games ever played in college football-- possibly solidifying himself as the best college football QB ever to play, silencing any critics.. Then, is hometown team, the Texans, who had a quarterback who didn't have one winning season in four years, passed on this match made in heaven. Instead, the City of Houston's arch nemesis, Bud Adams, drafted Young with the third pick, looking to distrot Texan fans all over. What's next? We shall see!

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #6
Timbuck2
Rookie

Default Vy

i'll never forget watching madison high school highlights a few years back, seeing vince run through the defense like a man among boys, wondering if he could do the same thing in college. luckily, he went to ut where they're not so conservative with the offense and his athletic abilities were on display every week, making each pass or run look so effortless. i'll never forget the night against usc, when he showed the nation who the real heisman winner was, again looking so poised and undeterred. i wish him well in the nfl.
Old 06-17-2006   #7
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

bang the drum brother ..........
Old 06-17-2006   #8
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Once upon a time Vince Young fans everywhere finally came up for air, the extreme suction caused a disruption in the Earth's rotation, knocking it from it's axis and sending the Earth, with it's billions of inhabitants spinning toward the sun. Only Vince, with his super human abilities could save the world, using his inVINCEibility he returned the Earth to it's rightful place in the galaxy.

In gratitude the people of Earth renamed their planet "Vincelandia" and returned to their favorite place declaring to never come up for air again.

The End

Old 06-17-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I wouldn't have ..... too much of a risk at the #1 pick that his talent will translate to the NFL ... but that's just me
Old 06-17-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I would have....no brainer to me. I think he is going to be a Superstar at a marquee position. He will bring a ton of attention to Nashville over the next decade as I think he is going to be a very special and unique player in the NFL.
Lets see him play first, you think he will be great, marquee and very special QB..............I think he is a marquee, great and very special Athlete, but so is Reggie McNeal, and I personaly think Reggie has a better arm.
But that is my opinion. We will just waite and see I could be wrong.
Old 06-17-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Kubiak has said Carr is the most improved player on the Texans . Eric Moulds says Carr has a world of talent . You can only speculate until they play but I'll bet Vince is not as good as some people want to believe and Carr's not as bad .

I think Vince was going back to Texas until the Rose made his stock rise . He was returning because he was not a polished product ... so what happened to make him a polished player a Titan offseason , I think not .

Vince might end up a good QB , but I'm thinking Mario and Carr are a better option . I do not think Vince will be an all time great .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #12
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

man Hulk you should be down with Vince Young.

Quote:
(on Vince Young having people from his hometown church at practice today)

That is Vince and those are things that are important to him. He is taking the opportunity and taking advantage of the open practice sessions to have guests out and invite people that are important to him.
Old 06-17-2006   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

THAT IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! How did you come up with that, I can't believe I haven't hear this before.

How do you know the Texans made a mistake drafting Mario? If your lines aren't any good, the people behind them can't succeed either no matter who they are!

And BTW, I am huge VY fan and UT season ticket holder, I just don't feel VY was the best fit for our team, meaning we had a bigger need at other positions a.k.a. D-Line. But what does Kubiak know, he has only been playing, teaching, coaching, and evaluating talent for most of his life....but I am sure you are right.
Old 06-17-2006   #14
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Gary Kubiak has said Carr is the most improved player on the Texans . Eric Moulds says Carr has a world of talent . You can only speculate until they play but I'll bet Vince is not as good as some people want to believe and Carr's not as bad .

I think Vince was going back to Texas until the Rose made his stock rise . He was returning because he was not a polished product ... so what happened to make him a polished player a Titan offseason , I think not .

Vince might end up a good QB , but I'm thinking Mario and Carr are a better option . I do not think Vince will be an all time great .
I agree, DC and Mario were better options for us w/ Kubes staff. However, I think Vince will be a great player. He has "it" combined w/ rare athletic ability. Although it will take 2-3 years, I think Vince will be an awesome QB if the Titans give him the support he needs.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
man Hulk you should be down with Vince Young.
Good for him..............
Old 06-18-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
I remember when Vince beat the dynasty of USC, in one of the greatest games ever played in college football-- possibly solidifying himself as the best college football QB ever to play,

you must of not seen david carr play college ball he is the best QB in college history also the best NFL QB to date.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #17
Samer
Veteran

Yeah Vince is a great athlete, but he has never played in the NFL, its a totally different story up here...plus we had to fill voids, and Williams was the best choice for the Texans
Old 06-18-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I opened this thread thinking it would be a place to submit any stories/experiences that any of us have personally had with Vince Young, I guess I was mislead by the title. The couple times I've seen/met him he barely acknowledged my existence and didn't seem overly friendly, although I can't say I'd be a bubbly, happy, talkative person towards the general public if I was a professional athlete.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Exclamation Dec. 10th The Day of Wreckening!

Its just like all the Vick hype when he first came out. He was going to be the Jordan of the NFL, now 4 years later not too much talk of Vick. Just another running QB with below average passing abillities. Young won't even live up to that hype, he's slower that Vick, is too upright when he runs and is going to take some serious hits in the NFL. He's not going up agianst Rice, UH, N.Texas, Balor.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Why am I reminded of the Hybrid episode on South Park?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read