Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-15-2006   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Adams Wants Young to Start Against Texans

Quote:
The Titans continue to say they'll be patient with rookie QB Vince Young, but team owner Bud Adams is looking at his calendar. He would like the former Texas star to be his starter on December 10--when the Titans play the Texans in Houston, where Adams lives.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Typical Bud Adams.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats alright. Somebody will be waiting for him...

"So, should I make it out to VINCE, V.YOUNG, or VY??....."

Last edited by Trap_Star; 06-15-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

*insert young*

seriously.. should be a good fired up game. It will be interesting on the different style our team will play on both sides of the ball ..also how Chow would run the offense without McNair.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm almost as big of a vince homer as anyone, but to start him at any point this coming season is IMO a huge mistake. there are just too many risks to take when you dont have to, and spite is deffinately not a good enough reason to take that risk.

i hate bud just like every good houstonian, but being a vince fan, i wouldnt want to risk his developement. tennessee needs time to write a "vince" playbook and acclimate him to the NFL. he's got the skill for it, but i think there are very few that will argue that he's got the head for it at this point. besides, i want vince fully NFL ready when mario knocks his block off.

Old 06-15-2006   #5
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

If VY is going to start that game I wll get the NFL package from my cable provider just to see Mario eat he alive.Figure it will be Marios 8TH game he will will be ready to realy prove himself to the home fans that VY is not all that.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #6
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I heard ol' Bud wants to have a game played in Royal Memorial in Austin. That's pretty cool.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Bud needs to do what's better for the team, not himself
Old 06-15-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was there ever any doubt that Dud would want to do this? He over rode his coaches and made them pick VY just so he could do this. Not a particularly smart thing to do IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure let Young start against us, especially after the tacks lost Brad Hopkins...
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr played as a rookie. Let's hope for the Texans sake that if Vince does start it won't be one of his better, pull all rabbits out of the hat days.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #11
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Carr played as a rookie. Let's hope for the Texans sake that if Vince does start it won't be one of his better, pull all rabbits out of the hat days.
yes carr played as a rookie but they didnt have a solid backup QB they has the potential to start on a few teams
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Yes and it was a terrible mistake IMO for the Texans to do that. Tony Banks should have been fed to the wolves our first season. All Carr learned to do in 2002 was run for his life, eat dirt, and count clouds.

I'm not a Vince fan and I personally hope he busts but not because I'm some kind of UT "hater" or something. I want the Texans to start winning this division and so anybody that Indy, Jax, or Possum Holler drafts I want to see bust. I want to see Mario hit Young so hard that Vince stumbles over to the Texans huddle before the next play. I don't want him to know what state he's in much less which team he plays for.

Having said that I wouldn't wish a "Carr/2002" type of season on anyone. Sure Vince is probably more mobile and prepared to move than Carr was but he's not going to be any more accustomed to the speed of the pro game than DC was when he got here. Tennessee has a better line than we did but it's not the kind of line we all remember the Oilers having. This is an average line at best.
Old 06-16-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud's impatient because at his age, every season could be his last.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Bud's impatient because at his age, every season could be his last.
Geezzz, Hookem, there ya go raising everyones hopes.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Geezzz, Hookem, there ya go raising everyones hopes.
Just think of it as a reason to get up and read the paper everyday.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, I'll just plan to bring up my new franchise slowly like this...............over my head...........................

..............And drop it on my big toe...................just like I used to in Houston.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #17
MikeMc
All Pro

Well, look how well all that running around in fear and such helped him survive the past 3 seasons! One knock on him was that he was a Cali wussy.......I think he has proven he is a tough SOB!
Old 06-16-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
Now, I'll just plan to bring up my new franchise slowly like this...............over my head...........................

..............And drop it on my big toe...................just like I used to in Houston.
This post on this thread helped me get what you are saying.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
Well, look how well all that running around in fear and such helped him survive the past 3 seasons! One knock on him was that he was a Cali wussy.......I think he has proven he is a tough SOB!
No wussys in California brother .................But your right he is a tough one.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #20
MikeMc
All Pro

Well, people in TX think CALI guys are nothing but long haired hippies....I know better, I am a Texan that has been throughout Cali.....but Carr has not lived down the hollywood/long-haired pretty boy stigma.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read