Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-15-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Keeping up with:DeMeco Ryans

http://www.demecoryans.net/dr/

haven't seen if this was posted yet.

Under development

http://www.mariowilliams.com/

http://www.ericwinston.com/

http://www.doubledtalk.com/
there is DD's

they haven't updated it yet
http://www.ericmoulds.com/
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

apparently i need to spread rep out before finding you again, but thanks for the links. please keep us updated as the new guys get their sites up & running.
Old 06-15-2006   #3
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Wolf thanks for the info. Been looking and could not find it for my self.I'm computer stupid. thanks again. Great site if your a Ryans Backer.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question

mods I should have used the *edit* on the original post and put all the websites together..is it possible to "clean " my posts?

thanks
Old 06-15-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Dude. Demeco was a STEAL....

Mario's webmaster needs to get around to updating. may is long gone.
Old 06-15-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Future hall of famer in the works
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
mods I should have used the *edit* on the original post and put all the websites together..is it possible to "clean " my posts?

thanks
Hopefully that is what you wanted.
Old 06-16-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

thanks
Old 06-16-2006   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I know its wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy too early but I think we got All Pro in making. Man,whatta steal. Go DeMeco!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Frankly, I don't think Demeco has the size for MLB.......
compared to? jonathan vilma - 6'1", 230lb ... zach thomas - 5'11", 228lb ... donnie edwards - 6'2", 227lbs ... keith bulluck - 6'3", 235lbs ... nick barnett 6'2", 233lbs ... mike peterson - 6'1", 235lbs ... shelton quarles - 6'1", 225lbs ... gary brackett - 5'11", 235lbs.

or even, al wilson - 6'0", 240lbs ... D.J. Williams - 6'1", 242lbs ... ian gold - 6'0", 223lbs.

incase you're wondering, ryans is 6'1", 236lbs. the first group is the top 8 out of 10 linebackers for 2005. the second group is the denver broncos 2005 starting linebackers. please stop saying that ryans is too small, and pass it on to the national press which apparently have less of a clue than this 3 sheets to the wind local fan.

edit: bear in mind the last sentence, so if i misread something, i'll probably delete this post when i wake up.
Old 06-16-2006   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling this guy is going to be our Robert Brazile, but with more Pro Bowls.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
I have a feeling this guy is going to be our Robert Brazile, but with more Pro Bowls.
That would be hard to top. Brazile went to the Pro Bowl 7 times and was rookie of the year. Dr Doom should be in the Hall of Fame imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
compared to? jonathan vilma - 6'1", 230lb ... zach thomas - 5'11", 228lb ... donnie edwards - 6'2", 227lbs ... keith bulluck - 6'3", 235lbs ... nick barnett 6'2", 233lbs ... mike peterson - 6'1", 235lbs ... shelton quarles - 6'1", 225lbs ... gary brackett - 5'11", 235lbs.

or even, al wilson - 6'0", 240lbs ... D.J. Williams - 6'1", 242lbs ... ian gold - 6'0", 223lbs.

incase you're wondering, ryans is 6'1", 236lbs. the first group is the top 8 out of 10 linebackers for 2005. the second group is the denver broncos 2005 starting linebackers. please stop saying that ryans is too small, and pass it on to the national press which apparently have less of a clue than this 3 sheets to the wind local fan.

edit: bear in mind the last sentence, so if i misread something, i'll probably delete this post when i wake up.
I agree that Ryans is large enough to play MLB even though some of your examples aren't middle linebackers. I think Infantrycak posted a ton of guys who fit this mold as well. I'd say Ryans is ideal sized for todays MLB responsibilities if you want a 3 down linebacker. Teams use much more spread and 235-240 seems like is big enough to stop the run but small enough for the speed needed in todays quicker game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That would be hard to top. Brazile went to the Pro Bowl 7 times and was rookie of the year. Dr Doom should be in the Hall of Fame imo.
I didn't realize Brazile went to 7 Pro Bowls. That dude was a stud and my favorite player growing up.

I would settle for Al Smith (if he turns out to be more of an MLB) or even Lamar Lathon.
Old 06-16-2006   #14
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
hes bigger than some of the mlb thats already succeeding in the nfl
Old 06-16-2006   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't realize Brazile went to 7 Pro Bowls. That dude was a stud and my favorite player growing up.

I would settle for Al Smith (if he turns out to be more of an MLB) or even Lamar Lathon.
My favorite player as well. Brazile was awesome!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #16
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Just amazes me that some people dont know about this guy and think he's 'Undersized'.... :boggle:

Awards:
DeMeco was awarded the Lott trophy - Ranked the nations Most outstanding Defensive player over Aj Hawk.
Named A consensus All-America First team selection
SEC's Defensive Player of the Year
MVP of the Cotton bowl
NCAA Top VIII athelete
Finalist for the Lombardi, Ngursky,

along with his academic stuff -
Graduated Cum Laude in 7 semesters
Bama's Amateur Athlete of the Year
Bryant Award winner
Finalist for the Draddy award

D"Wreck" Ryans was the standout player for the #2 ranked Bama defense the last 2 years and was named to several awards during his time at Bama. He was a finalist and ran 1/2 with AJ hawk almost the whole year for production on the field and almost all awards.

@ Bama he was - Team Captain, Lead the team in tackles setting a school record with 25 tackles in one game, and finished 5th in the schools history with 305 tackles. He is most often compared in production and skill to past Bama alums Derrick Thomas and Biscuit [Cornelius Bennett] and set several team records during his playing time at Bama.

Honestly DeMeco was my favorite pick from this past draft and think between him and Mario we will make some great strides in our defense being competitive and bringing the heat this year!!!

Come on August!!!
Old 06-16-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe the only LB of that era whose name could justifiably be included in the
same sentence with the great Chiefs outside linebacker Bobby Bell.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #18
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm glad you're not coaching. I was told this in a strategic management class "If I believe you can, you are more likely to succeed. If I believe you can't, you are more likely to fail (Capps, I think you read this board too)"

You know, Emmit Smith never had the size either
I wouldn't be so quick to discount someone's internal drive.

Last edited by BigTimeTexanFan; 06-16-2006 at 07:07 PM.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I wholeheartedly agree. I still can't figure out why he's not in there right now.
Old 06-16-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I wholeheartedly agree. I still can't figure out why he's not in there right now.
Maybe we need to get old Johnny McClain to make a push for him like he did with Bethea.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read