Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-15-2006   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Marcus Coleman article on Dallas' website

Well I was looking to find out when single game tickets go on sale for regular season games on dallascowGIRLS.com so I can journey to Dallas to support our Texans on Oct. 15th. and saw this article on the front page. It is kind of a fluff piece on Marcus Coleman. Thought some of you might be interested. It gave me a chuckle, the word "SUCKERS" popped into my mind.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...A2029ED65BE187

I am glad the Texans cut him, If I think hard enough I can still see him missing a tackle or sliding down the legs of a running back like a greased up fire pole just like it was yesterday. I don't mean to sound bitter, it was just frustrating, maybe he can turn it around and good luck to him, but I am still glad he was cut. I hope we see a few missed tackles on Oct. 15th.
Old 06-15-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
I am glad the Texans cut him, If I think hard enough I can still see him missing a tackle or sliding down the legs of a running back like a greased up fire pole just like it was yesterday. I don't mean to sound bitter, it was just frustrating, maybe he can turn it around and good luck to him, but I am still glad he was cut. I hope we see a few missed tackles on Oct. 15th.
Yes, he played very poorly last year. I still remember his long interception return for a TD against KC though. That was sweet.
Old 06-15-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said this before and I am saying it again.

If Coleman makes the Cowboy squad, he was mailing it in last year or the Cowboy secondary is worse than I thought.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

does anyone remeber that fight at the KC game? it happened like four seats to my right. too bad i'd left to get some chicken tenders.
Old 06-15-2006   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Coleman was mailing it in last year and it snowballed as the season went on. He's playing in a lousy scheme with no pass rush and right before the team goes to camp his buddy (Glenn) gets his release papers? I thought Coleman clearly looked miserable here last season. The previous three years he was a very, very good player for this team. He was solid. Last year was completely out of left field but predictable considering the way the season started and how it progressed.

I got no problem with Coleman but his time here was up. His leaving was the best thing for everybody.

Glenn left a year early IMO and as a result Coleman stayed one season too long.
Old 06-15-2006   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Coleman was mailing it in last year and it snowballed as the season went on. He's playing in a lousy scheme with no pass rush and right before the team goes to camp his buddy (Glenn) gets his release papers? I thought Coleman clearly looked miserable here last season. The previous three years he was a very, very good player for this team. He was solid. Last year was completely out of left field but predictable considering the way the season started and how it progressed.

I got no problem with Coleman but his time here was up. His leaving was the best thing for everybody.

exactly how i see it.
Old 06-15-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree too with that.. desire wasn't there
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2006   #8
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:

Agree with just about everything here.

One added note - IMO Coleman lost his confidence after he got benched at the end of 04 and the staff really didnt give him any support at all after then. Then in the spring with his longtime friend Glenn leaving for the Cowboys he had really no one to talk with or work with on the team and thus played un-inspired much like most of the team did. Honestly having your friends around the team to play with is a nice motivation factor for a lot of players in team sports and when they are in a cold clubhouse - the energy dies with it and players play sub-par. Seen it happen in almost every sport.

Honestly I liked Colemans play here with Glenn and thought he along with some other players got a raw deal from Capers and once he was in the Dog house - he was doomed much like many other players had happen to them on this team. Capers had habit of mothballing good players as weve seen.

IMO - Coleman will have a bounce back year in Dallas in front of friends and family and I look forward to playing him and the Cowboys in October for a good game.
Old 06-15-2006   #9
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Depth, depth, depth for Big D. There's no clear cut leader for the starting FS position, last year's starter Keith Davis, Justin Beairult, and Marcus Coleman will compete.

I'm hoping his performance last season was just in result of not caring, rather than a result of his athletic and playmaking ability. Aaron Glenn played like a warrior for us last season, hopefully Marcus does the same.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion
Can someone please post some of the article? I do not want to visit that website. I like staying with my teams message board.

Please..

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006   #11
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know for certain is that Coleman learned his tackling technique from watch the Calf Scramble at the Houston rodeo.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read