Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-14-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default I am so confident in our front office that...

I will bet any of you doubters that we will get Michael Bennett on our roster. Hutch gave me the idea and I am willing to challenge any of you that want to bet. Since the last bet didn't work out to well here are the guidlines.

1.) You must specifically say in your post that you will bet me. There will be no poll considering some people (me included) don't read the post before I would vote.

2.) If you win, in my sig I will include the names of each winner in my sig. If I win, all of you losers include my name in your sig. This has to be in default size or bigger, not in font 2 so nobody can read it. If a lot of people bet and I lose, maybe Vinny or any of the mods can help me fit all of your screenames in my sig

I challenge all of you to challenge me

This is the list of the people who are betting. If you want to remove yourself from the bet you have 48 hours after your post to say something.

Michael Bennett Bet
1.) dunta23
2.) PowerfulDragon
3.) Hutch13
4.) mexican_texan
5.) swtbound07

Last edited by TexanFan881; 06-14-2006 at 09:33 PM.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i will be you that we will not get michael bennet before the season starts

might happen during the season, or at the trade deadline, but if you wanna accept my offer than you can
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
i will be you that we will not get michael bennet before the season starts

might happen during the season, or at the trade deadline, but if you wanna accept my offer than you can
What offer? There was no "offer" in there. LOL
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #4
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

TexanFan881 I would love to have Bennett on the team. But the last I heard was N.O. was going to keep him because of McAllisters injuryes they are not so sure adout his ACL. Again, would love to have a pro-bowler in the back field but how much are the texans going to have to give up? As for your bet I am very new to this and I have KNOW clue as to what your talking adout.(I'll ask my daughter when she gets home)
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
What offer? There was no "offer" in there. LOL
Yes there is: If you win, I put your screename in my sig. If you lose, you put my screename in your sig. It's pretty simple.
Old 06-14-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I'll take you up on that bet.
Old 06-14-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
TexanFan881 I would love to have Bennett on the team. But the last I heard was N.O. was going to keep him because of McAllisters injuryes they are not so sure adout his ACL. Again, would love to have a pro-bowler in the back field but how much are the texans going to have to give up? As for your bet I am very new to this and I have KNOW clue as to what your talking adout.(I'll ask my daughter when she gets home)
lol, a sig is like my thing that says: Donít tell me what youíre going to do, tell me what you've done. You don't have a sig right now. Like if you won, I would put your name in my sig so instead of saying Donít tell me what youíre going to do, tell me what you've done, it would say Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry, as well as everybody else's name that won.
Old 06-14-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

And dunta23, I accept your offer, because I believe he will be on our roster by opening day, if not earlier.
Old 06-14-2006   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ok, good doin bussiness with you, lol
Old 06-14-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

whether we get him or not depends alot more on New Orleans than on our Front Office.

If Deuce is ready to go soon.. and if Reggie is ready to go and thier coaching staff beleives that he can be an effective starter... THEN, we have a chance of getting Bennet.

But.. if either Deuce or Reggie are questionable.. then we wont be getting him. Both of them require another quality running back on the depth chart behind them.. and Bennet is that guy for N.O.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #11
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

i will bet u that we wont get bennett before the eagles game
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
whether we get him or not depends alot more on New Orleans than on our Front Office.

If Deuce is ready to go soon.. and if Reggie is ready to go and thier coaching staff beleives that he can be an effective starter... THEN, we have a chance of getting Bennet.

But.. if either Deuce or Reggie are questionable.. then we wont be getting him. Both of them require another quality running back on the depth chart behind them.. and Bennet is that guy for N.O.
I belive that that once they sign Reggie Bush they will feel safe enough at RB as they have spent a ton of money there and Aaron Stecker served as a #2 back last year and did decent for them. Even though I think both Reggie and Duece will be ready, I just think Reggie needs to sign in order to give us a shot at Bennett. But I could definately be wrong.
Old 06-14-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I will bet any of you doubters that we will get Michael Bennett on our roster. Hutch gave me the idea and I am willing to challenge any of you that want to bet. Since the last bet didn't work out to well here are the guidlines.

1.) You must specifically say in your post that you will bet me. There will be no poll considering some people (me included) don't read the post before I would vote.

2.) If you win, in my sig I will include the names of each winner in my sig. If I win, all of you losers include my name in your sig. This has to be in default size or bigger, not in font 2 so nobody can read it. If a lot of people bet and I lose, maybe Vinny or any of the mods can help me fit all of your screenames in my sig

I challenge all of you to challenge me

This is the list of the people who are betting. If you want to remove yourself from the bet you have 48 hours after your post to say something.

Michael Bennett Bet
1.) dunta23
2.) PowerfulDragon
3.) Hutch13
4.)
5.)
I think he is comming here..........soon as Duce is healthy and reggie is signed, he will be traded OOORRRR Chris Brown.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take you up on that. I don't think the Saints have enough confidence in their RB squad to trade Bennet. McAllister is recovering, Bush has skinny legs and is a rookie, and I doubt they have much confidence in their other RB's.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #15
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ok, explain to me why you think Bennet is such a necessety on our team. I mean I can see the advantages of having him, but we can get by without him. We already have a back with a history of injury, why would we want to add another. I hate how long the other thread has gone on without any real news. Only speculation. Why are you so confident that the Saints are willing to give him up. I mean they have a rookie who they haven't signed yet and won't shoulder the load and another who is recovering from injury. Getting rid of a solid backup before seeing McCallister perform for a few weeks wouldn't be wise. No I don't want to bet, I just don't get this obsession with Bennet. I could understand the Moulds deal, but why Bennet?
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

TexanFan881 Thank you for explaining sig. for me. I'm new but I will catch on someday.(I hope)Thanks again. I'll work on getting one.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #17
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Yes there is: If you win, I put your screename in my sig. If you lose, you put my screename in your sig. It's pretty simple.
No, no, not you. I mean Dunta23 didn't offer you anything.

He said: "i will bet you that we will not get michael bennet before the season starts, might happen during the season, or at the trade deadline, but if you wanna accept my offer than you can"

Just saying that HE didn't offer you anything but said he did.
Not a big deal, i was just goofin around anyway.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im in.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #19
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Default I am so confident in our front office that...

Quote:
I am so confident in our front office that...
the Texans are on the phone with Chicago about Kevin Vasher.

Quote:
What you're talking about is a sig bet. It should consist of a picture and smack included, until Vinny updates the site for such a thing.... this site will look weak.

Click on the link below for a sample sig.

Blu

Last edited by Blu; 06-14-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Kevin, isnt it Nathan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read