Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default DB s available

So I am curious on what you all think about us maybe bringing in Charles Woodson or Dieon sanders they are both available and both can be leaders with abiliity to return kr and punts

thoughts??
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #2
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I'd rather see them grab Schulters, less cap, more upside. we do need some help in the secondary, especially safety
Old 06-13-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Charles Woodson signed with Green Bay last month and Deion is way way to old
Old 06-13-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Deion sucks at tackling...Thats not what we need lol
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #5
cincyTEXAN
Rookie

he's obviously joking..........or is he
Old 06-13-2006   #6
jmerog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre
So I am curious on what you all think about us maybe bringing in Charles Woodson or Dieon sanders they are both available and both can be leaders with abiliity to return kr and punts

thoughts??
I missed the 'just kidding' part of your post. Dieon Sanders was awsome in his day but he's a geriatric case now. He's one step from shadey acres retirement home.<--(obvious exaggeration for effect).

Woodson is ok but taken, i think.
Old 06-13-2006   #7
jmerog
Veteran

i do agree that we need to bring in someone but i cant think of anyone who's available that would be worth picking up. Kubes has my trust and he says we are ok but i would still like to see someone else if just for competition. I t would be awsome to find out that c.c was a stud in hiding but i'm not holding my breath just yet.
Old 06-13-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If Ty Law were willing to sign for about half as much as he wants, then I would be all for it. Other than him though, I don't think there are many players worth getting.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #9
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

well i was hoping the texans would go out and get nate clements but i dont think there is anybody in the free agency worth targeting besides ty law but he wants a lot more than we can afford.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Deion probably won't come back another year. I see him retiring for good this time.

I'd like us to take a look at Schulters and Law, but as I've said time and time again, Kubes thinks it is a bright spot on this team and I just don't see us looking at anyone.
Old 06-13-2006   #11
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre
they are both available and both can be leaders with abiliity to return kr and punts

thoughts??
Even in Dion's comeback attempt with the Raven he was not a return man. I know I am the only one who feels this way, but... I really miss the dudes fishing show
Old 06-14-2006   #12
joshri
Rookie

The Texans definitely need to bring in one of those Safeties on the Market. I would feel awesome about the D with an experienced safety.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #13
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

well nathan vasher doesnt like his contract and refuses to go to camp and the bears say they arent going to reconstruct his contract .... so maybe he will be avalible
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #14
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default captain obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
well nathan vasher doesnt like his contract and refuses to go to camp and the bears say they arent going to reconstruct his contract .... so maybe he will be avalible

Vasher is a corner and Micheal Stone is a veteran safety currently on the Texans roster
Old 06-15-2006   #15
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
Vasher is a corner and Micheal Stone is a veteran safety currently on the Texans roster
vasher does sound good to pick up, but i still want to see how pbuc can play with a new and improve pass rush
Old 06-15-2006   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch13
Well, I feel the Bears owe us for skipping us in that deal to trade up in the first round.

I don't think it happens though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #17
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears will not cut Vasher. He is unhappy but they will be content with sticking him o the bench and making him suffer. The Bears are at an advantage since signing Ricky Manning Jr. The Bears are also notorious for not putting up with players crud see Thomas Jones, and last year it was Cedric Benson. So please close the door on the Vasher Talk before it gets out of hand. This kind of crud happens every single time a guy gets frustrated with his contract. Half the people on here say that "we have to get so and so". Look people aside from the minor tweak here and there basically what you see is what you get.

And Deion Sanders is like 80. Look for us to get some young smallish WR type to come in at KR/PR. (that is my little tweak)
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #18
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Man, we must be getting desprate to think Sanders will come out of retirement again!! Honestly, we need some help in our secondary, but theres not much that can be done as of right now. Our best shot is to see a #2 CB emerge and always have a good pass rush to help them out.
Old 06-15-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want some old has-beens on our team. Sanders is being signed on his name alone, because he is now a shell of the corner he used to be. Dude should just hang it up and stick to his analysis gigs, IMO.
Old 06-15-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I don't want some old has-beens on our team. Sanders is being signed on his name alone, because he is now a shell of the corner he used to be. Dude should just hang it up and stick to his analysis gigs, IMO.
DB, I love it when a guy 39 calls a guy that's what 34? a has-been. Now if you were calling me that....weeelll....ya probably would be right. Just messin DB.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read