Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Fastest in the field

as of now since jerome mathis is injured...who is the fastest player on the texans roster??? i think its either AJ, Drob or PBuh...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #2
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

pbuc is the fastest, then Johnson, then D-Rob

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #3
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
as of now since jerome mathis is injured...who is the fastest player on the texans roster??? i think its either AJ, Drob or PBuh...
Fastest on a motorcycle or on foot?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #4
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Hmm I thought Kendrick Starling was the next fastest on the team after Mathis?
Old 06-13-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Philip Buchanon had a 4.31 -- NFL.com

AJ was in the 4.3's (if I recall a 4.34 or so with a report from the track guys of having run as fast as 4.27) -- NFL.com

"Won the Big East indoor 60-meter title and the outdoor 100-meter dash title in 2002." AJ looks like he is slower over the 1st few yards but gets to a higher top speed IMO.

Dunta Robinson had a 4.34 -- NFL.com
Old 06-13-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Chris McKenzie
Old 06-13-2006   #7
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Mathis - Pbuc-AJ
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2006   #8
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Mathis > P-Buc > A.J.
Old 06-13-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to say Todd Wade.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Chris McKenzie
"McKenzie came to Arizona State from Glendale (Ariz.) Community College, where he earned first-team All-America honors by the NJCAA and was selected second-team All-America by JC Gridwire as a sophomore in 2002. He was the Region I Player of the Year and Region MVP on defense and was nominated for Junior College Player of the Year honors that season. "Chris is the fastest football player I've ever seen," says Glendale College head coach Joe Kersting. "He may be the fastest player in football on any college level. We have timed him in the 4.1s in the 40-yard dash."
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/mckenzie_chris
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
"McKenzie came to Arizona State from Glendale (Ariz.) Community College, where he earned first-team All-America honors by the NJCAA and was selected second-team All-America by JC Gridwire as a sophomore in 2002. He was the Region I Player of the Year and Region MVP on defense and was nominated for Junior College Player of the Year honors that season. "Chris is the fastest football player I've ever seen," says Glendale College head coach Joe Kersting. "He may be the fastest player in football on any college level. We have timed him in the 4.1s in the 40-yard dash."
Exactly. The bolded part I had for my sig for a little bit too I think he could make an impact at corner because of his jumping ability and speed, but I think he could be a good replacement while Mathis is out.
Old 06-13-2006   #12
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I'd have to say Todd Wade.
Yeah! I think Todd Wade had 3.2 10yds.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Chad Stanley.
Old 06-13-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
We have timed him in the 4.1s in the 40-yard dash."

Anyone else not believe this?
Old 06-14-2006   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

The trainer taking Tylenol to Carr.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #16
ojthecat
Veteran

The beer man in Joe Texan's section.
Old 06-14-2006   #17
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
The beer man in Joe Texan's section.
Whoever the Eagles are chasing on opening day!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #18
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Just a quick FYI. Walter has been clocked under 4.4 (I believe about 3.8) in the 40 as well. so we have 3+ speedy receivers on the squad.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan Blue and Orange
Just a quick FYI. Walter has been clocked under 4.4 (I believe about 3.8) in the 40 as well. so we have 3+ speedy receivers on the squad.
Got any kind of source for that?

His NFL.com prospect profile gives his pro-day result at 4.56.
Old 06-14-2006   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Philip Buchanon had a 4.31 -- NFL.com
NFL.com also has P-Burnt with a 39¾-inch arm length. Are you kidding me? How can he run a 4.31 with his knuckles dragging the ground? Just another reason why I take these workout numbers with a pinch of salt between my cheek & gums.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read