Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2004   #1
Spider_20
Rookie

Post Who was the biggest non cut surprise??

Tell me who u think is the biggest non cut surprise is on the texans roster.

I think it was Charlie Anderson cause i think shantee orr was better then him and he could play inside or outside and he is still young that was a pretty big surprise that they cut him.
Spider_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised they kept Troy Evans and Deshon Polk instead of Orr. I figuered with Kailee getting some practice time at ILB they would keep an extra OLB instead.

I didn't think they were going to keep 10 OL. I had Garrick Jones getting the call from the Turk and them keeping Holloway.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to say Jason Bell. I would've kept Orr over Bell.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gald they kept Evans.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew Garrick Jones made it when I saw him signing autographs at Kemah at noon today.

Charlie Anderson is bad azz. He's big, strong, quick and smart. He reminds me of Peek last year (at least from the big, strong and quick perspective). He still needs to learn to drop in coverage but that will come. I liked him from the first time I saw him close up in drills at camp last month.

Evans is a very good special teams player. He's been around here for a while. Frankly I thought Polk might be the odd man out but he and Evans must have shown a bit more than Shantee Orr. Obviously the coaches didn't think Shantee was as good a fit as Polk or Evans. It had nothing to do with effort, I'm sure.

Last edited by aj.; 09-05-2004 at 10:19 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004   #6
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Evans is a very good special teams player. He's been around here for a while. Frankly I thought Polk might be the odd man out but he and Evans must have shown a bit more than Shantee Orr. Obviously the coaches didn't think Shantee was as good a fit as Polk or Evans. It had nothing to do with effort, I'm sure.
Is it possible that Orr was eligible for the practice squad and Polk and Evans weren't and the Texans decided to gamble to try and keep all three?
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_20
Tell me who u think is the biggest non cut surprise is on the texans roster.
Dave Ragone!!! :hehe:
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2004   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Shantee Orr. Hands down.

Guy played his heart out in the last half of the season, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have won a game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read