Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb Robinson, Ryans, & Williams..............

Its looking like we are building a great defensive core for the future. Between Robinson, Ryans, & Williams, thats a potential probowler at each level of our D. Its going to be alot of fun watching them mature together.

InWe Trust
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #2
cincyTEXAN
Rookie

i expect a breakout year from robaire as well.barring injuries our line looks extremely deep.a glaring weakness last year now appears to be one of our greatest assets.very excited
Old 06-13-2006   #3
cincyTEXAN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
We would have been EXTREMELY deep is T.Johnson would stop F'n around and get his act together!!!!!!!!
word.....maybe i just hate FSU but it seems like everyone to come out of there has an attitude problem or flat out underachieves.besides dunn.good dude
Old 06-13-2006   #4
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.........slow down Gary.

Leaders:

Weaver -Sounds like a solid addition but, I don't know about a leader?

Payne -Been on this team since we started and hasn't been a leader. Thats why we are starting to look for leaders now.

Williams -Has the the skill and make of a leader in the future.

Robinson -has been the ONLY defensive leader yet, this team has known. (unless you count Sharper or Glenn?)

Wong -Might not even start this year and has yet to be a leader in 4 years with the Texans.

Ryans -I've aready heard great things about this guy to make us think he will definitely be a leader this year!

S Orr -Career backup?

C. Brown -People around here are already callin' for another Safety, sorry not a leader.

..........so like I said before, the 3 potentual leaders of the future are Robinson, Ryans, & Williams.
Old 06-13-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
.........slow down Gary.

Payne -Been on this team since we started and hasn't been a leader. Thats why we are starting to look for leaders now.
Slow down Hook'em.

Payne has been reported by players and the media as a locker room leader including calling the entire team together prior to at least one game last year and delivering an passionate speech.
Old 06-13-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Slow down Hook'em.

Payne has been reported by players and the media as a locker room leader including calling the entire team together prior to at least one game last year and delivering an passionate speech.
Exactly. That particular speech was at some point when we were stil 0 for the season.
Old 06-13-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyTEXAN
word.....maybe i just hate FSU but it seems like everyone to come out of there has an attitude problem or flat out underachieves.besides dunn.good dude
You got an issue with derrick brooks? Deion Sanders? Brad Johnson?
Maybe your not a fan of walter jones or peter boulware
Perhaps you dislike our own new mlb sam cowart
Super bowl MVP dexter jackson was an FSU grad
Anquan Boldin and Javon Walker both came from FSU
And I imagine in a year you will be able to add ernie sims to that list.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2006   #8
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.........I wouldn't quiet call that a leader. I hope he steps up more on and off the feild but, he's had the injury bug and is getting older now. He should have started this 5 years ago, our inagural season!
Old 06-13-2006   #9
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default If only a safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
Its looking like we are building a great defensive core for the future. Between Robinson, Ryans, & Williams, thats a potential probowler at each level of our D. Its going to be alot of fun watching them mature together.

InWe Trust
Man, I thought the same thing. If only we can get a safety though.
Old 06-13-2006   #10
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Deion Sanders: Attitude problem (amazing player, but still...)
Walter Jones: Perennial Holdout
Javon Walker: Holdout

That's 1/3 of the people YOU mentioned who have checkered pasts. They're all amazing players but that's not the issue on the table.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad

That's 1/3 of the people YOU mentioned who have checkered pasts. They're all amazing players but that's not the issue on the table.
Um, Walter Jones just wanted a contract instead of a one year deal over and over....the Seachickens kept forcing him into one year deals as their franchise player. Nobody I know of considers him a problem player, and there is a little issue about being an elite player. I think there are 32 teams that would love to have him with their franchise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #12
kingh99

Quote:
FSU turns out more busts than Michelangelo on meth.
Old 06-13-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

FSU also turns out more top tier nfl players than any university in the country...you want to talk about a university that puts out poor attitudes and underachievers, you need to look a bit south...to the U

Jeremy shockey...attitude issues, wont control his temper or workout with his team
kellen winslow...underachiever/hurt
sean taylor-running legal issue

FSU also kicks out people with character issues....note that AJ nicholson exited off the team, and randy moss had to go play ball at marshall.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #14
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think anybody would argue that there have been some studs come out of FSU. It does seem like they have more than their share of egos and work ethic problems for all of the talent thaey have.
Old 06-13-2006   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I didnt realize it but your right...You cant expect them to be GREAT this year though but give them a few years to build together and we will be unbeatable.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #16
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a mystery team. If everything comes together like we're hoping, this could be a fun season, but A LOT has to come together.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad

Lots of people hold out for new contracts. You must hate a lot of people. It's not like Walter Jones and Javon Walker are the only ones in the league who would like to have new contracts, they're just two of the ones who do something about it. I don't think it means they have a bad character because they won't let people push them around and take less money than they deserve. Javon Walker and Walter Jones are both Pro Bowlers who deserve more money.
Old 06-19-2006   #18
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb The Future!

I like Ryans nickname "D'Wreck Ryans".....................so now we got Super Mario, D'Wreck Ryans, & Robinson. Dunta needs a good one!
Old 06-19-2006   #19
Reaction Red
Rookie

Deion Sanders character problems? A majority of young rich men lead a fast life. I dont know that it constitutes a character problem as much as it means that they were immature. Ask anyone that plays with Primetime and they'll tell you he was one of the most well prepared and hardest working teammates they've ever played with.
Reaction Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #20
wicked_wayz
all blacks

cowart is our most experienced MLB at the moment, for now i believe he is or should be this teams leader...cowart was a stud for the vikings prior to injury.....dymecco will be the team future leader

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read