Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2006   #1
Scottyboy
Veteran

Talking D.Davis On NFL.com Good Read

There is a Feature story on NFL.com talking about Davis having a break out year...

www.nfl.com

I really think he will have a break out year. I'm thinking 1600 Yrds.

How many do you guys think he'll get?
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #2
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Its not really a feature per-say, its more of a advertisement trying to make itself look like an article

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #3
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Its not really a feature per-say, its more of a advertisement trying to make itself look like an article
My sentiments exactly! It's like one sentence. If you take a breath....you miss the whole thing!
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #4
HOOK'EM
Veteran

......first he has to stay healthy the whole season.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #5
Tex Trenches
Veteran

The table is set, all he has to do is run it.
Old 06-12-2006   #6
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
......first he has to stay healthy the whole season.
Anything can happen.....but the planets seem to be aligning....
Old 06-13-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

1200 rushing
300 recieving

***edit***IF HE PLAYS THE WHOLE YEAR

Last edited by Hulk75; 06-13-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2006   #8
Eyeguy
Veteran

I think the point was that D2 has more to gain in fantasy than any other player on the team.
If this comes to pass, the Texans wll have a GREAT year.
Old 06-13-2006   #9
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
1200 rushing
300 recieving
I'm actually hoping we get two backs with/near 1,000 yards. If that happens...Harry's 13-3 prediction might be a lock.
Old 06-13-2006   #10
Scottyboy
Veteran

1500+ yrds Rushing..
300+ Receving...

First Year Probowl
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn
I'm actually hoping we get two backs with/near 1,000 yards. If that happens...Harry's 13-3 prediction might be a lock.
Are you talking about the Texans...a 2-14 team...with the #1 draft pick last year? 13-3...a lock? A running back duo wouldn't have even close to that big of an impact after one of the worst seasons in the history of the NFL. I don't want to sound pesimistic, as I think we can go 8-8...but 13-3 as a lock is a little crazy if you ask me.
Old 06-13-2006   #12
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Don't take the wind out of bayou's sail.
Old 06-14-2006   #13
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
1500+ yrds Rushing..
300+ Receving...

First Year Probowl
I'm with you on this one. If D. Davis can stay healthy majority of the year because he will get hurt, I can see roughtly 1400 yards rushing and 400 yards receiving. His best year, 2004 Davis rushed for almost 1200 yards (1188yrds)and almost 600 yards receiving (588yrds).....
Old 06-14-2006   #14
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
1200 rushing
300 recieving

***edit***IF HE PLAYS THE WHOLE YEAR
Man, that's a big IF!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #15
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Not too fast my friend....

I love DD, but the guy has not been able to stay healthy, what makes people think this is the year? We can only pray as Texan fans it is, but the offense will also be different. You can expect Kubs to use different backs often and throw more than they did in Denver. QB's love to air it out, and this will be no change in a QB mindset of our head coach. Although he was the o-coord in Denver, the Head Coach makes the final decision, and his passing was actually limited to Shanahan's run oriented schemes to control clock. When you look at the pass-run percentage in Denver, it was tilted to the air slightly, but i think passing philosophy will go even further in Houston, especially in our shoot-em-out conference. Look for their to be a 55-45% pass-to-run ration. Makes sense with them bringing in a TE, and TRUE #2, not drafting Bush due to a one back set most of the time. DD will get numbers, but I expect 1,200 rushing, 500 receiving!
Old 06-14-2006   #16
real

No Way DD gets 1400 or anything close to that next year or any year after...maybe on madden...but I dont think DD will ever surpass the 1200 yard mark...
Old 06-14-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
No Way DD gets 1400 or anything close to that next year or any year after...maybe on madden...but I dont think DD will ever surpass the 1200 yard mark...
yeah, he'll get hurt before he can.
Old 06-14-2006   #18
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I share the same sentiments that most people here have about D.D. He's got to show he can stay healthy for an entire season. We know he's a very productive back when he's on the field. Hopefully this year he can play most of the season. If he can do that I think we will win some games this year.
Old 06-14-2006   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Sorry to chime in here with just 2 cents, but it is my opinion that RB is still one of the weakest spots on the team. With the other being the secondary.
Old 06-14-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Sorry to chime in here with just 2 cents, but it is my opinion that RB is still one of the weakest spots on the team. With the other being the secondary.
We may not have a superstar running back, but I think that in this system with the RB's we do have, IMO in will be one of our stronger positions production wise next season...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read