Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2006   #1
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Default Mike Williams (not worth 1st round?)

(June 7, 2006) -- For now, the Lions are as down on former first-round draft pick Mike Williams as their fans have been on the franchise in recent seasons.

Williams is running with Detroit's third group of wide receivers -- and there are no indications he is going to be moving up the Detroit depth chart anytime soon, even though the receiver was back at practice today.

If Mike Williams really wants to be with Detroit, he hasn't been acting like it.
The Lions have made the decision that, until Williams demonstrates a noticeable change in his behavior -- and few in the organization are expecting anything to be any different any time soon -- he will not be contributing to the franchise.

While the rest of the Lions franchise has taken to new head coach Rod Marinelli's demanding methods, Williams has not. Lions officials believe Williams has not worked hard, has not been accountable, has not carried himself the way a first-round pick or any NFL player should.

So If he gets cut possibly...Would the texans try to get this guy on our team?
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt it.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #3
Chato
Rookie

Just Say No To Cancers.

You'll be right 90% of the time.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #4
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

More like 1st round trouble maker.

Don't need him on this revamped roster by Kubiak. I like the WR/TE combo of AJ, Moulds, Putzier, and Walter. That should be enough for Carr.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We're stocked at WR and we are not known for bringing in bad character guys. I don't think that Mike Williams is at fault here though, as the Lions have obviously had problems developing WRs.
Old 06-12-2006   #6
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
More like 1st round trouble maker.

Don't need him on this revamped roster by Kubiak. I like the WR/TE combo of AJ, Moulds, Putzier, and Walter. That should be enough for Carr.
Moulds isnt going to be here forever and it's really hard to not like a guy whos what...23? and has his size and hands? Motivation can be cured with a change in enviorment. The Lions have a tradition of losing and terrible ownership/management, I'd be bummed to get picked by them too.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76
(June 7, 2006) -- For now, the Lions are as down on former first-round draft pick Mike Williams as their fans have been on the franchise in recent seasons.

Williams is running with Detroit's third group of wide receivers -- and there are no indications he is going to be moving up the Detroit depth chart anytime soon, even though the receiver was back at practice today.

If Mike Williams really wants to be with Detroit, he hasn't been acting like it.
The Lions have made the decision that, until Williams demonstrates a noticeable change in his behavior -- and few in the organization are expecting anything to be any different any time soon -- he will not be contributing to the franchise.

While the rest of the Lions franchise has taken to new head coach Rod Marinelli's demanding methods, Williams has not. Lions officials believe Williams has not worked hard, has not been accountable, has not carried himself the way a first-round pick or any NFL player should.

Mr.McNair will have no part of tht guy.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2006   #8
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominickDavisFan76

texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #9
HOOK'EM
Veteran

...............yeah, we are already having a lil' truoble with Mathis anyways.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #10
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

i seriously doubt that mike williams is gunna be cut the guy has only played like 2 seasons and was their first round pick ... they might trade him but they wont cut him
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #11
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see why not.

Remember Chad Johnson? As I recall, he was picked up off the waiver wire and look at him now.

I think a change of scenery would be good for him. He has plenty of potential and could see playing time if given the right motivation. Maybe he's still loyal to his old coach or something.

Either way, if he gets cuts, seeing as we should be first on the waiver wire, we should pick him up. I mean, really, what's it going to hurt? It doesn't COST us anything, does it?

Who would you rather have on the roster? Marcellus Rivers (or another person that won't see serious playing time) or Mike Williams. Come on now...Don't be so knee jerk about things like this.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Remember Chad Johnson? As I recall, he was picked up off the waiver wire and look at him now.
Chad Johnson was the 5th pick of the 2nd round in 2001 by the Bengals.
Old 06-13-2006   #13
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Never draft anyone in the 1st round with the names Mike and Williams in that order.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #14
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

TexasJedi that is one cool avatar.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
Never draft anyone in the 1st round with the names Mike and Williams in that order.
cough***mario WILLIAM***********cough
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #16
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
cough***mario WILLIAM***********cough
Not Williams, but Mike followed by Williams. Mario is his real name, I hope.

Oh and thanks for the compliment TexanAddict.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember thinking he might fall to the Texans at #13 that draft. There was no way I would think the Lions would pick another wide reciever after Roy Williams and Charles Rogers. I might still have prefered him over Travis Johnson, but if he's a cancer then no way.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
There was no way I would think the Lions would pick another wide reciever after Roy Williams and Charles Rogers.
They certainly took the BPA philosophy over Need to the nth degree.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I remember thinking he might fall to the Texans at #13 that draft. There was no way I would think the Lions would pick another wide reciever after Roy Williams and Charles Rogers. I might still have prefered him over Travis Johnson, but if he's a cancer then no way.
I think we could have coached him better than Detroit did and I think we could have shaped him up better as a person than Detroit did. Now he could someday be really good and is given up on just because he's going through a rough patch in his career (even though it's really early for that). If he gets cut and we give him a chance I would be really excited and we would definately have the best top 3 WR tandom in the NFL right up there with Indy.
Old 06-16-2006   #20
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Chad Johnson was the 5th pick of the 2nd round in 2001 by the Bengals.
whoops....
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read