Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-12-2006   #1
Texans#1
Rookie

Default EaglesvsTexans

k Guys are first game of the season will be a hard one to try to win but if are Defence step up to make plays then i think that we could get that win.

What do you Guys think that we need to do to WIN WEEK1.

GO TEXANS!!!!
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #2
Texans#1
Rookie

Default EaglesvsTexans

K guys are first game of the Season will be hard to get a WIN in WEEK1 but i think that are Defense will step up and make plays then i think that we could get that WIN

What do you Guys think that what we have to do to get that WIN in WEEK1

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 06-12-2006   #3
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1
k Guys are first game of the season will be a hard one to try to win but if are Defence step up to make plays then i think that we could get that win.

GO TEXANS!!!!
Break McNabb in half. I am thinking of a Mario Williams clothes line just like old school!!!

Plus it would make me feel better about him knocking us out of the play offs in his "homecoming" back to chicago in 2001 season. The last season in our old stadium.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #4
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I was just starting to enjoy the absence of HARRYJ.
Old 06-12-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said in another thread, there number one receiver wasen't even good enough to play for a 2-14 team.

Go Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
As I said in another thread, there number one receiver wasen't even good enough to play for a 2-14 team.

Go Texans.
Gaffney isn't their #1. Their top three, Reggie Brown, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis would all have good to great shots at playing for the Texans, just as #3 or below behind AJ and Moulds.
Old 06-12-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED

Go Texans.
Actually Gaffney wasn't bad when AJ was out. Just because we did bad doesn't mean every position on the team was bad. AJ is a pro bowl reciever, of course Gaffney wouldn't start over him. And Gaffney is probably going to be a #2 or #3 in Philly considering they are really high on Reggie Brown and Todd Pinkston has recovered from his season ending injury last year and he was the #1 before the T.O. era and did well.
Old 06-12-2006   #8
Eagles78
Rookie

Eagles had a buttload of injuries and still had a better record than you guys
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles78
We were pretty horrible last year. That doesn't make you better than us this year.
Old 06-12-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect a Texans upset in a real ugly game. Final score: 7-6.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #11
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 1482 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our record was 2-14. If the Eagles need to compare themselves to a 2-14 to try to make excuses for their season, that's the Eagles problem. It's also par for the course in Eagle Country.
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the preseason games will be good indicator of what to expect, similar to what happened last year.

If the offseason looks terrible, it could be a long day against the Eagles unless the defense becomes the monster I think they will become.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
I think the preseason games will be good indicator of what to expect, similar to what happened last year.

If the offseason looks terrible, it could be a long day against the Eagles unless the defense becomes the monster I think they will become.
Do you know if the Broncos have typically placed more emphasis or less on winning pre-season games? Coaches differ on how they approach pre-season. For Capers it was all about player evaluation and nothing about winning. Parcells has typically tried to win. Just curious.
Old 06-12-2006   #14
Eagles78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
We were pretty horrible last year. That doesn't make you better than us this year.
How are the Texans better than the Eagles? Even with no recievers the Eagles offense is better than the Texans and the addition of Williams will not affect your entire defense as most of you guys think
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1

GO TEXANS!!!!
Too early......

I like to get through camp to see how the teams doing and what players are still healthy
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #16
Texans#1
Rookie

Default EagelsvsTexans

K guys we have a thought game in Week1 but if are Defence septs up to there abilatie then i think that we will get the Victory in Week1.

What do you guys think that we need to do in week1 to get that WIN

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 06-12-2006   #17
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 14981 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

how many of these r u gonna post
Old 06-12-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Do you know if the Broncos have typically placed more emphasis or less on winning pre-season games? Coaches differ on how they approach pre-season. For Capers it was all about player evaluation and nothing about winning. Parcells has typically tried to win. Just curious.
It's a good question, and normally I really don't put a lot into preseason games.

But, last year it was plainly clear to me when they played the Cowboys it was going to be rough year regardless of evaluation or trying to win.

I think it still holds true this year. They really need to start off on the right foot and early this year. Just my hunch though.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #19
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
How are the Texans better than the Eagles? Even with no recievers the Eagles offense is better than the Texans and the addition of Williams will not affect your entire defense as most of you guys think
Well for one thing you guys actually had coach that can coach, plus you guys were 4-2 before the TO mess started,then you guys went 2-8 afterwards.you guys got murdered by the Seahawks at home on Monday Night Football 42-0,Im sure the Texans could have beat you guys if we played you that time,again where are you coming from?

Oh yeah Donovan McNabb will be seeing a lot of Mario Williams in his face come gametime

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #20
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.........don't forget the Eagles play in the NFC, we have more good teams in the AFC South than the whole NFC!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read