Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2006   #1
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Default Who's Your Favorite Qb In The Nfl

hey thought i'd start a thread asking who's your favorite QB playing in the NFL at the moment?????.....

mine has to be TOM BRADY cause unlike manning, palmer and culpepper (when he had burlenson and moss), brady does not have pro bowl WR's like they do, although givens is ok but no way near as talented as the likes of harrison and wayne. And yet brady is one of the most consistant QB in the league....just imagines if he had boldin and fitzgerald at his disposal.
Old 06-12-2006   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The ones I enjoy watching most right now are Chris Simms, Vince Young, and of course, David Carr. Can't help it - they're the ones I have an invested interest in.

I always liked the Niner/Broncos QBs - Montana, Elway, Young (Steve), etc. I hope to be able to add Carr to that caliber of quarterback.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr, I also think he has "it"..............Favorite ever-John Elway-Then a close 3rd would be Todd Marinavich
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #4
wicked_wayz
all blacks

yeah i too have nothing but high hopes for carr, and i've always imagine what it would be like if he was drafted to play for a better team....
Old 06-12-2006   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young i know he hasnt proved him self, but i have to go with the guy that did so much for UT

David Carr is up there as well, as one of my favorites
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #6
real

My favorite Qb has to be Tom Brady...He is always so calm under pressure and to me that is what can make or break a QB
Old 06-12-2006   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Not counting Carr (who only gets my vote because he is a Texan), I think Carson Palmer is fun to watch. Amazing talent for such a young guy on what was traditionally a horrible team.
Old 06-12-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Other than Carr I like Jake Delhomme and Marc Bulger a lot. Both can really light up the scoreboards
Old 06-12-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

David Carr.

Eh, that's pretty much it. I'd say Payton Manning (when he isn't pressured), but he plays for the Colts and is a whiner. I'd say Tom Brady, but I got tired of seeing him on the Tonight Show. I was a big fan of Kurt Warner until he became the human injury.

Flame away.
Old 06-12-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

culpepper was actually better without "all those" pro bowl receivers he had. burleson is better than no one on the patriots' corp.

brady, favre, manning, delhomme...
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
The ones I enjoy watching most right now are Chris Simms, Vince Young, and of course, David Carr. Can't help it - they're the ones I have an invested interest in.
Woot the Longhorn Alumni.

Carr is the #1... but ya know who doesn't like watching their QB? Except maybe the Lions.

Warner - I like watching him because I cannot figure out how much of the talent is his and how much is the rest of his team. I have seen alot of QBs play and at times, he seems great, while in others he is throwing the ball like a rookie. What gives? I actually have no idea. Maybe he is bipolar or something. I saw alot of his games with the Rams... man they would just shred teams with 7-15 yard passes.

Vick - Just because I like the running vs passing debate.

Favre - Because he plays like a high stakes gambler. Even when he is only holding one ace of hearts and a bunch of junk cards, he doesn't fold and just throws it out there.
Old 06-12-2006   #12
Texans#1
Rookie

My Favorite QB is DAVIED CARR

GO TEXANS!!!!
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Ben and George Clooney on ER!!!!! OUCH!!!! That has to hurt
Old 06-12-2006   #14
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

David Carr of course and Jake Delhomme nothing too fancy about him just gets the job done
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #15
cincyTEXAN
Rookie

jared lorenzen a.k.a " the pillsboughry throwboy" a.k.a "the hefty lefty" a.k.a "battleship lorenzen'.........
Old 06-12-2006   #16
HOOK'EM
Veteran

I really enjoy the Carr Show, probrably even more so this year! I also enjoy Brady for all the reasons said above..................
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #17
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Carr & McNair

I'll be rooting for Vince as long as his team sucks.
Old 06-12-2006   #18
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

1.David Carr
2.Peyton Manning
3.Omar Jacobs
4.Timmy Chang (joke)
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006   #19
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
My favorite Qb has to be Tom Brady...He is always so calm under pressure and to me that is what can make or break a QB
yeah totally agree with you 110% even when the defence has 6 pass rushers against him, and yet hes as calm as ever and able to make the big plays.......tom brady is the legit
Old 06-12-2006   #20
4th&inches
Rookie

Tom Brady is the best all around QB in my book...Manning, Palmer, and Big Ben are the other top in my book....Carr isnt on my list though...for now anyways

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read