Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: 2006 ROY
Mario Williams 44 77.19%
Reggie Bush 9 15.79%
Vince Young 2 3.51%
D'Brickshaw Ferguson 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2006   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2006 Roy

I don't think I've seen this thread yet. Seems appropriate after this years draft. I'm voting for Mario...DUH!!!
Old 06-11-2006   #2
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I thought the awards were Individual depending on defense or offense, I forgot, buy Im voting for whoever deserves it!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
I thought the awards were Individual depending on defense or offense, I forgot, buy Im voting for whoever deserves it!
You got me there. I'm 7 time zones away and a little further into the vino than you guys. Sorry.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Just vote for Mario and you won't get hurt LOL
Old 06-11-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

while for the Texans I think Williams will make a big impact, yet I think Ryans (if starts) will have a good season and benefit from having smith,williams,payne,weaver and TJ rotating in front of him.

Ryans (again if starting) should be roaming free from sideline to sideline
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
while for the Texans I think Williams will make a big impact, yet I think Ryans (if starts) will have a good season and benefit from having smith,williams,payne,weaver and TJ rotating in front of him.

Ryans (again if starting) should be roaming free from sideline to sideline
From what I've read (never seen him play), Ryans is the 2nd coming of Mike Singletary. We might have our 1st HOF guy. He's a monster, according to the coaching staff and fans who saw him play in college. I won't bother mentioning is mental aptitude.
Old 06-11-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

None of the above.

DeAngelo Williams for offense and DeMeco Ryans for defense. Neither guys are flashy and neither guys were nationally recognized much, but they make plays and will help out their perspective team more than second-stringers Vince Young and Reggie Bush.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2006   #8
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #9
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
None of the above.

DeAngelo Williams for offense and DeMeco Ryans for defense. Neither guys are flashy and neither guys were nationally recognized much, but they make plays and will help out their perspective team more than second-stringers Vince Young and Reggie Bush.
I agree on Ryans, Mario Williams may get it with a high sack total, hard to get defensive rookie as a D-lineman without that. Reggie Bush may get Kick returner if he stays healthy.
Old 06-11-2006   #10
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You should add Ryans as an option. I would have thought long and hard about that. As it is I had to go with Williams. I think he might be our first HOF. GO MARIO!! GO TEXANS!!!
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince wont start game one, so not him.
Dbrick is an Olineman: when was the last time an Olineman won MVP or ROY?
Bush will be sharing the backfield with Deuce. He wont get enough yards.
Mario will be a beast, but he wont get enough sacks to be ROY on D.

My pick for ROY on Offense is Deangelo Williams or Joseph Addai

My Pick for ROY on D will be AJ Hawk

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Hawk should have a LOT of opportunity to shine in that division.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Hawk, Sims, and Greenway will all have a chance to shine in that division. I'm hoping Ryans is our Odell. I was up in the Great White North last week and ran across this article on Greenway. It's hard to root against a pig farmer. http://www.twincities.com/mld/pionee...s/14730319.htm

I like Vernon Davis, Santonio Holmes, and Laurence Maroney's chances on the offensive side.

Last edited by aj.; 06-11-2006 at 06:50 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

your list forgot demeco.
Old 06-11-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario gets over 10 sacks he wins it.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #16
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

As well he should. sorry about messing with you earlier.

Old 06-11-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
As well he should. sorry about messing with you earlier.
Man it is all for fun anyways, just dont expect buddy buddy stuff for the 1st game!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #18
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I guess it is the way the game is played.

Old 06-11-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe a weekly avatar bet for ya
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #20
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I don't know, the Hulk likes his Eagles helmet!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read