Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryans may push for starting job in training camp

Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:53:35 -0700

FOXSports.com reports Houston Texans rookie LB DeMeco Ryans is currently playing behind LB Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and LB Wali Rainer in the middle. He is making big strides at both positions, however, and will be pushing for the starting jobs in training camp. "We think he has a bright, bright future," defensive coordinator Richard Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed, and athletic ability to the position."
[/quote]

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #2
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll more than likely start the season, butI like the fact that they're at least trying to make him earn hi spot.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I can already see that wild-eyed look in oppossing offenses this year when they think about crossing the middle. Gonna be hell to pay.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I can already see that wild-eyed look in oppossing offenses this year when they think about crossing the middle. Gonna be hell to pay.
LOL

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #5
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Its his postiton unless he chocks and i dont think he will. Hes my runner up in DROY
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

One part stook out really far to me...

Quote:
FOXSports.com reports Houston Texans rookie LB DeMeco Ryans is currently playing behind LB Wali Rainer in the middle.
Where the heck did Wali come from? Sam Cowart in the middle was nearly a lock (other than DeMeco) but I'm guessing since he's been down with injuries that Wali is really stepped to the plate. He could be one of our good underrated pick-ups over the offseason
Old 06-11-2006   #7
mike230765
Rookie

Demeco will be starting no later that week 2. I am not sure if it will be at middle or outside.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2006   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
One part stook out really far to me...

Where the heck did Wali come from? Sam Cowart in the middle was nearly a lock (other than DeMeco) but I'm guessing since he's been down with injuries that Wali is really stepped to the plate. He could be one of our good underrated pick-ups over the offseason
----------

Any player that can stone wall the GIRLS has got Texans potential:

Last year, Wali started at Dallas (11/20) due to injuries at the linebacker position. Had 2 tackles at the 1-yard line that helped prevent a Cowboys touchdown.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My best scouting source rates Wali Rainer somewhere between 78 and 80 out of a possible 99.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #10
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
My best scouting source rates Wali Rainer somewhere between 78 and 80 out of a possible 99.
Is that source Madden?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee
Is that source Madden?
maybe...maybe it is the latest update, as well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #12
HOOK'EM
Veteran

.............can't wait to see Ryans hit the feild. Out there with Robinson and Williams!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #13
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hey what all does the latest update have? When was it updated?
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Hey what all does the latest update have? When was it updated?
I think it was updated during the last week of the year. I personally use the rosters that someone on Maddennation had that was in their EA locker, and I play with Mario and DeMeco and all them
Old 06-13-2006   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

how u get that
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #16
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Considering the fact that he could actually play any position on the 2nd level, I believe that makes it even easier for him to break into the starting lineup.. Wong was injuried, Cowart is up there in years and Strongside LB position is kinda up in the air right now..

Like someone said I believe that he will be starting by the season but it is good to see that he is out ther competing and not just handed the job.. good job DC Richy Smith.. that's how things should go..
Old 06-13-2006   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More Texans goodness.

Alabama star Ryans fitting in well with Texans

Quote:
"When we had autograph signing the other day a lot of people told me they remember me from the Texas Tech game. They talk to me about how we tore up their Red Raiders," Ryans said with a laugh.

He was named defensive MVP for his work in that game where he had seven tackles and 1.5 sacks in leading the charge of slowing down Tech's wacky aerial attack.

Ryans was taken with the first pick in the second round of the NFL draft after winning the Lott Award as the nation's top defensive player and being named the SEC defensive player of the year.

The Texans love his abilities and work ethic as well as his size and speed.

"I think he's everything we expected him to be," said Texans linebackers coach Johnny Holland. "He's a real sharp guy. He's able to pick up our scheme and we moved him around to different positions ... and he was able to really handle it well."

The 6-foot-1, 239-pound player led the Crimson Tide with 76 tackles, including 9.5 tackles for a loss. He also had two fumble recoveries, an interception, a forced fumble and broke up two passes.

Aside from the Texas Tech game, his best outing of last season came when he had 15 tackles, a sack, a pass breakup and recovered a fumble against Arkansas.

Holland said Ryans' work at Alabama has helped make the transition to the NFL much easier.

"DeMeco came from a big-time program at Alabama," Holland said. "He had some good coaching at Alabama. When he came in he was a pretty well-rounded."

Ryans, who the Texans hope will be able to start this season in their new 4-3 defensive scheme, said he's already feeling comfortable in Houston.

"I think it's going pretty good," he said. "I'm still learning the defense. I'm picking up things and learning on the go."

A bigger transition than the one on the football field is Ryans' adjustment to moving to Houston. Before being drafted by the Texans he had never lived outside of Alabama.

"I'm glad to be in a new place and starting a new life," he said. "Being in one place for a long time isn't good for you. You get set in your ways and you think that's how it is all around the world."

After seeing Ryans practice for about a month, Holland said he "appreciates the way he approaches the game."

"He's not a real vocal guy but he speaks when he has to," Holland said. "The guy is not afraid of hard work. He's accountable for what he does and he's one of those guys that doesn't want anything to be given to him."

Sweet.
Old 06-13-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
how u get that
First of all you have to have you're system with the game (PS2 or XBox or whatever else there is) set up for online play.

Then go over to http://www.maddennation.com/forums/ and look in there Madden 06 online section. I'm sure there are a few threads titled something like Madden 06 updates available. Now these are created by regular people like you and me, but they are still good rosters to play with before Madden 07 comes out. Just send a friend request to whoever's screename is offering it (I can't remember who I got mine from) and once they accept it you can view there EA locker and get the franchise file that is in it. Then you can export the Texans and any other team you would like so you could play in Play Now mode or you can just continue in franchsie mode. Overall I've been pretty happy with mine, just all of the rookies are about 3 or 4 points higher than they should be, like Quadtrine Hill is a 83, but most of the ratings are pretty solid. There's some people in this thread who you might be able to get it:from: http://www.maddennation.com/forums/s...058#post673058
Good luck with that and if you need more help just PM me
Old 06-13-2006   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan
He'll more than likely start the season, butI like the fact that they're at least trying to make him earn hi spot.

With Kubiak at the helm every man on the team will earn his spot on the roster .... much less a starting position . Kubiak is NOT gonna just hand the guy the position if he hasnt earned it .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006   #20
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
First of all you have to have you're system with the game (PS2 or XBox or whatever else there is) set up for online play.

Then go over to http://www.maddennation.com/forums/ and look in there Madden 06 online section. I'm sure there are a few threads titled something like Madden 06 updates available. Now these are created by regular people like you and me, but they are still good rosters to play with before Madden 07 comes out. Just send a friend request to whoever's screename is offering it (I can't remember who I got mine from) and once they accept it you can view there EA locker and get the franchise file that is in it. Then you can export the Texans and any other team you would like so you could play in Play Now mode or you can just continue in franchsie mode. Overall I've been pretty happy with mine, just all of the rookies are about 3 or 4 points higher than they should be, like Quadtrine Hill is a 83, but most of the ratings are pretty solid. There's some people in this thread who you might be able to get it:from: http://www.maddennation.com/forums/s...058#post673058
Good luck with that and if you need more help just PM me
hey so you play madden 2006 aye, got any tips for me, cause i always get wasted flat by my mates

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read