Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SI:Top 10 disappinting players of 2005

Quote:
David Carr, Quarterback, Texans
This was supposed to be the year the former No. 1 overall pick became a star, but it's been the same old story in Houston. Carr has been sacked a league-high 37 times and often it's been his fault for not getting rid of the ball. The fourth-year quarterback has taken a step back after looking like he had turned the corner in 2004.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.2.html

must have been a midseason article from last season(can't find a date). I take the good with the bad with this..

I am optomistic and say Carr should be in line with SI: most improved players of 2006
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #2
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

This is only true if you were expecting a better record then 2-14 last year.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

KINDA SURPRISED AJ wasn't on there along with the entire defensive unit for the Texans. Should be a 180 this year.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

now that I think about it.. says Carr was sacked 37 times that had to be after the 4th game if I am not mistaken
Old 06-11-2006   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
now that I think about it.. says Carr was sacked 37 times that had to be after the 4th game if I am not mistaken
LMAO!!! Was that the 4th PRE-season game??
Old 06-11-2006   #6
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 06-11-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
LMAO!!! Was that the 4th PRE-season game??
probably right
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2006   #8
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Has anyone stopped for a minute and considered the possibility that David might like to be sacked?

Old 06-11-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
Has anyone stopped for a minute and considered the possibility that David might like to be sacked?

not sure if you live in houston or philly or where ever, but H.E.B. is a local grocery chain in Texas and they ran an article with Carr carrying a grocery sack full of groceries.. Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte happen to tackle him too, so it is a thing that isn't funny,but is.

maybe you're right he likes to feel the smell of grass in the morning..feels like victory
Old 06-11-2006   #10
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Wolf, I'm from NJ, born in Philly, but I have been following the Texans from the beginning. We personally have not talked in years but I remember you well.

Old 06-11-2006   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

That was a funny commercial. Not as funny as T.O. with Eagles, but funny.
Old 06-11-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

this is a short clip ,but his is what Kubiak HAS to fix.

Carr has to get the ball out of his hands
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wrPaGiHy...avid%20Carr%22
Old 06-11-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLi798Lw2...avid%20Carr%22

2nd clip was OL
Old 06-11-2006   #14
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
That was a funny commercial. Not as funny as T.O. with Eagles, but funny.
I guess you think 2-14 is hillarious then.

Old 06-11-2006   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.2.html

must have been a midseason article from last season(can't find a date). I take the good with the bad with this..

I am optomistic and say Carr should be in line with SI: most improved players of 2006

-----------------------------

If you right click on your link and click on "properties," you'll see the identifying time stamp of 11/03/2005.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
-----------------------------

If you right click on your link and click on "properties," you'll see the identifying time stamp of 11/03/2005.

thanks cloak
Old 06-11-2006   #17
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Cloak has always been good with the computer stuff.

Old 06-11-2006   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess you think 2-14 is hillarious then.
Not at all...but humor IS the best medicine and if didn't laugh, I would have to cry about 2-14. BUT I would rather cheer for 2-14 TEXANS than SB Champion Eagles. HAHAHAHAH....I said SB Champion Eagles
Old 06-11-2006   #19
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Why?

Old 06-11-2006   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why?
because

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read