Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2006   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Gosselin's rankings

Rick posted his off season rankings yesterday. Rick must not like the Texans because he ranks them dead last even after all the off season moves we've made. I guess it is true that the Texans will never get any respect until they go out and earn it. No way the Texans should be ranked 32nd though.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.785cf76.html
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Rick posted his off season rankings yesterday. Rick must not like the Texans because he ranks them dead last even after all the off season moves we've made. I guess it is true that the Texans will never get any respect until they go out and earn it. No way the Texans should be ranked 32nd though.

I feel the love
Old 06-11-2006   #3
Texans86
All Pro

I'm glad he focused on everyone picking up someone else, while he focused on us losing our GM and coach. Apparently we've all been wrong, we didn't sign anyone through FA, we have no coach or GM, and we didn't have a draft. However, the Colts get number 2 for picking up Adam Viniteri (spelling terrible) and losing in the first round of the playoffs last year. Great round-up of the off season.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
Texans86
All Pro

Sucker bet says we'd be at least ten spots higher if we had drafted Bush. Any takers?
Old 06-11-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good ranking. Now hopefully lots of folks look past us.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

We earned this disrespect with our record last year. Players who should of steped up and make plays didn't. Guys who should of had a couple of seasons left in the tank had the wheels fall of the wagon. This time of year, when guys are throwing "W's" up when they look at the schedule, should temper their passion with articles like this. Agreed: we had a great off season. If we'd done what the heard wanted us to do we'd of ranked higher. But make no mistake about it. We earned this disrespect. The positive ? We've got no wheres to go but up. We're definately under the radar. We sneak in two early upsets....
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, I don't mind being underdogs. Teams might not prepare as hard when prepping for us and could have a tendency to underestimate our team. Hopefully we can capitalize on this and take advantage of the situation.

oh, and...uhhh...who is Rick Gosselin and why should I care?
Old 06-11-2006   #8
Dcol_79
Rookie

what do you expect from someone in Dallas. He didnt mention how pissed off TO will be when stonehenge stops getting him the ball.
Dcol_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #9
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
oh, and...uhhh...who is Rick Gosselin and why should I care?
Exactly my first thought.

I wonder how often preseason pollsters' #1 (or #32) finish there. I admit that I enjoy the power rankings, but in the end, they're meaningless.
Old 06-11-2006   #10
Sco-tai
Veteran

Nice :brickwall

Sure...we earned our 2 - 14 record last year. But to put us behind several other teams in far worse positions than us (Detroit, SF, NY Jets) is silly.

I can't wait to send him a copy of this at the end of the year, along with a few job opportunities. Because writing about FOOTBALL is not something he should obviously be doing.

Cheers, Rick!
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

he seemed to not do his homework and put this together really quick. I believe as yall do as respect is earned and being in last place doens't help much, but yes ....for him to say the Texans don't need a better plan but better players.

I am not understanding his logic unless he is afraid the Texans might steal some thunder from the Cowboys and the Dallas morning news in the San Antonio area.

not sure of the wishy-washy analysis.. His analysis is actually below even yahoo's standards.

I for one am not mad at the 32nd ranking because we do actually deserve it until we show we are better than that..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers
I admit that I enjoy the power rankings, but in the end, they're meaningless.
Especially in June! It is a long way until Sept - maybe not in months - but in player evaluations. This guy is just filling space until August.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

What a douchebag. Evidently they don't drug test where he works. Just looking at the '06 rankings, outside the top 4 (which a 1st grader could have done) it's a train wreck. Miami 5 and Denver 10??? This must have been found in the Sunday Comics section. Just too funny to be factual. And I even forgot to mention Arizona at 15!!!!
Like others, I don't mind our ranking. It's the rankings of other teams that blows his list out of the water. That and the fact that the Texans eveidently added no talent this year, according to him. Then again, maybe LOSING the talent of Capers and Casserly can be considered a gain!!!
Old 06-11-2006   #14
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey

I think He's right on target. Have you upgraded the QB?

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
Yes we did. Palmers, Pendry and Capers have been shown the door. Go back to ChickenHawk, I mean Eagle land. LOL!!
Old 06-11-2006   #16
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Now you're being silly.

Old 06-11-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
not sure Harry
we upgraded the talent around him and we know Carr has the physial ability to make the throws, now if Kubiak can get his head on straight.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #18
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

While I keep asking the same question, I only do it because there seems to be a lot of different opinions on the subject. Your's seems to be well thought out.

Old 06-11-2006   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
While I keep asking the same question, I only do it because there seems to be a lot of different opinions on the subject. Your's seems to be well thought out.
Too bad we don't have Donovan "Choke & Puke" McNabb.
Old 06-11-2006   #20
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

yea, that going to the SB thing 2 years ago would have been a little too much for you Oilers fans to handle, I feel ya.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read