Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Even with a much better team, who will drop the ball?

This year, I have been very very happy with the moves that I see. So many and with such potential, its awesome. That being said, who do you feel might be our weakness this year? Which player that stays who you wish that was cut. You only get to pick one.
Old 06-11-2006   #2
touttail
All Pro

I think our DB's will be our weakness. Always have been and we didn't do much to shore up our defensive backs this year. Great moves elsewhere but our DBacks.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

I wouldn't say I wish he'd get cut, but I have some doubts about Travis Johnson. I know he's been playing out of position and he's only a second year player but he is going to be a disappointment. He may develop into a regular starter but he won't be worth the pick we used to get him. I wish I could point to something more specific that makes me feel this way, but he doesn't seem to have the motivation.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that's a tough one....my initial reaction is Buchanan. But he's supposed to be working real hard in practice on that tackling concept, so we'll see.

I predict someone will pick Carr on the first page of this thread...
Old 06-11-2006   #5
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

The long snapper.
See, we won't be in punting situations too often, so when we need to punt, he'll be rusty.
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
The long snapper.
See, we won't be in punting situations too often, so when we need to punt, he'll be rusty.
Yeah, at least its not a very bad problem to have. I hope you are right
Farough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut instinct was McKinney, but he's not a center. Let's see how he does at guard. After that....gimme a second.....quit rushing me....I dunno. I just looked at the roster and couldn't decide. IMHO, I will wait til this time next year to decide and give the guys the same clean slate Kubes is. Seems fair enough to me.
Old 06-11-2006   #8
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna have to go with Carr.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #9
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Todd Wade for sure. I was excited when we signed him, but he has been a dissapointment.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
I'm gonna have to go with Carr.

is that a hope for the 1st game or the whole season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #11
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Im going with Kailee Wong,and all the other undrafted players I dont know

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Carr will pass for the NFL single game record this year, either against Oakland, Jets or Browns. It's gonna come later in the year. Just MHO
Old 06-11-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
Im going with Kailee Wong,and all the other undrafted players I dont know
Wong is a 1st rounder.
Old 06-11-2006   #14
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
is that a hope for the 1st game or the whole season
Not a hope, a prediction.

Old 06-11-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Harry is just , he actually likes Carr's abilities and has said so on another board. On the subject at hand, PBuc is the easy choice, however, I will go with Peek. I don't think he will be able to keep it under control and will be to much of a liability against the run.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #16
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Harry is just , he actually likes Carr's abilities and has said so on another board. On the subject at hand, PBuc is the easy choice, however, I will go with Peek. I don't think he will be able to keep it under control and will be to much of a liability against the run.
Killjoy!

I just admitted that in another thread.

Old 06-11-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
Killjoy!

I just admitted that in another thread.
Hahaha, you've been caught twice. If anyone drops the ball this year it will be either Flanagan or Carr, on a bad snap... thats it, we're gonna have great season <--- First ever football prediction.
Old 06-11-2006   #18
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I believe it!

Old 06-11-2006   #19
stevo3883
All Pro

Old 06-11-2006   #20
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

hm the first thought that comes up to mind is P-Buc he didnt do too much last season
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read