Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default To eat or not to eat

if you were an NFL player...you pick your position...what would you eat before a game...say a cuople of hours before...for me:

offensive line - I would eat as much steak and potatoes as possible
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Defensive line - raw steaks
Old 06-10-2006   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Well, if I were, ummm, say Mario Williams, it would be quarterback appitizers!

South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #4
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Linebackers - jam sandwhiches

Offensive line - pancakes

Quarterback - grilled salmon

Wide recievers - mexican jumping beans

Kick returner - hot dogs

Defensive line - squash
Old 06-10-2006   #5
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagle linemen will be having a taste of Fried Texan during the game!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #6
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Eagles are high on the food chain, but they are still no match for humans.

Bird hunting is good in Texas.
Old 06-10-2006   #7
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

So you're saying the Eagles are less then human? That's not very nice of you.

Sponsored links
Old 06-10-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
if you were an NFL player...you pick your position...what would you eat before a game...say a cuople of hours before...for me:

offensive line - I would eat as much steak and potatoes as possible
Best thing you can have is Pasta and Grilled Chicken-Water or Gatorade.
Right before you go out eat a granola bar or gatorade bar.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #9
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Best thing you can have is Pasta and Grilled Chicken-Water or Gatorade.
Right before you go out eat a granola bar or gatorade bar.
Nah, that ain't right.

Old 06-10-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
Eagle linemen will be having a taste of Fried Texan during the game!
Playing us here for the 1st game was a bad idea, NO DOUBT IN MY MIND we beat you like you stole something. I hope you dont fly down here for the game you will just whind up wasting your money.

I have an idea just give your money to Mr.McNair before the game and tell him thanks for the seats and then take your
0-1 record back to Philly with you.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Everyone has to eat their Wheaties
Old 06-10-2006   #12
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I don't know if I would eat anything "right" before a game other than some light fruit. Wouldn't want to get sick and have an episode like on the Replacements. LOL, now that is funny, I don't care who you are...
Old 06-10-2006   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

id eat some prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and unsweetened tea.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #14
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

carbs about 4 - 6 hours before gametime, sugar about 30 min - 1 hr before gametime
Old 06-10-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much the only thing you want to avoid before a game is salads and other vegetables. They don't digest as fast as other foods and they linger in your stomache.

Pastas and meats are good options if you have them 3-4 hours out. A cup of banana and apples would set you well about 30 min. before gametime. At half time, chow down on oragnes and bananas. Avoid chugging the gatorade, it tends to make you feel bloated right after that. Enjoy it or chug your water.
Old 06-10-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

O, and the only thing I make sure I have on game day is my cherios with strawberries and bananas in the morning.
Old 06-10-2006   #17
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I would have stinky apples so I wouldn't spontaneously combust.
Old 06-10-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

According to the Texans nutritionist, it is best to eat your meal about 4 hours before game time, a combination of easy to digest carbs and some protein and not much fat. Fatty foods are hard to digest and deal with when you are doing lots of activity and cause upset stomachs.

What they do is open the cafeteria early on game day and provide a wide variety of foods. Because food is an emotional thing, and a lot of guys figure they need their magic food that they have always eaten. There is some nutrition truth to that as if you always eat the same food before a game, you have a sense if it agrees with you.

But, going back to the original hypothetical? I would choose linebacker because I would get to hit people, and I would choose scrambled eggs (with one whole egg and the rest whites), wheat toast, a little oatmeal, orange juice and lots of water.
Old 06-11-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Im suprised nobody has said theyd be O Line and eat boiled eggs like the sumo in The Replacements . . .
Old 06-11-2006   #20
ojthecat
Veteran

I know for a fact that the Eagles eat Cambles chucky soup before every game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read