Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan's history videos:April 20th 2002 and other dates

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZP6pAgFqHU

Watching the highlights how did Carr regress so bac

they have some cool Texan videos to bring back the past

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cI5RZnSrAVk&search=

the 2nd link (and I am not Cowboy bashing) but that was so exciting when I got to see them take the field the first time
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

That was an incredible, magical night. One of the more incredible settings I've witnessed in 40 years as a fan... Hearing the crowd brings it all back. The opening TD surprised everyone. The long TD to Bradford and the Safety were more dramatic since the boys had made it a game in the 3rd. I'll never forget all the cowboy fans talking crap in the next section over who slithered out mid-way in the 4th... I may have to pull that tape out of the closet and watch it all again...

Too bad the most memorable game of our 64 was the first. That will remain the most memorable until at least our first playoff win....
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

The first drive was ironic.. the announcers were talking about how much time Carr had to throw. We threw deep, we saw Carr throwing to different receivers (Bradford, then believe it was Gaffney tha he threw out of the endzone then miller on the 4th play)

we did see the patented draw play up the middle though

wow where was that offensive playcalling the last 4 years

all I can remember is draw plays and hitches or comeback routes on our receivers
Old 06-10-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

oh and the Carr video of the draft was interesting and what the announcers were saying about Harrington and Carr

wow it is a good thing on that video they said something about Carr not having mobility (sarcasm) little did we know.
Old 06-10-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how undermanned we were that first season. That was my favorite season. New team in Texas, underdogs everytime they took the field, and played with more heart than we've ever played with.

Thats one thing that was missing the past couple of seasons, heart.

The players quit on Capers, I think Kubiak is going to relight the fire. We may get beat next year, but I think we'll see the effort shown in that first season.

We will be a dangerous team week in and week out.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #6
Texans#1
Rookie

Man i whish that somebody could put the houle Cowboys VS TEXANS game on video so i could watch it all becaues i dont have that game on tape.
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Too bad the most memorable game of our 64 was the first. That will remain the most memorable until at least our first playoff win....
While I certainly agree with you...I'm starting to wonder if our first win against Indy isn't going to feel mighty huge (especially if it's at home!). They've owned us for four years.

That first game was magic. A gift from the football gods (who knew, of course, that we'd have four years of drought ahead of us).
Old 06-10-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I don't care how undermanned we were that first season. That was my favorite season. New team in Texas, underdogs everytime they took the field, and played with more heart than we've ever played with.

Thats one thing that was missing the past couple of seasons, heart.

The players quit on Capers, I think Kubiak is going to relight the fire. We may get beat next year, but I think we'll see the effort shown in that first season.

We will be a dangerous team week in and week out.

I agree with that totally
Old 06-10-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

one the first video.. funny how people were booing the selection of Carr.. wasn't like it was a secret or anything

watching his hightlights on the video got me pumped for the 2002 season.
Old 06-10-2006   #10
Texans#1
Rookie

Do you guys know were i could get the full game at on tape or DVD or a Website to watch the full game.

GO TEXANS!!!
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
one the first video.. funny how people were booing the selection of Carr.. wasn't like it was a secret or anything
Same thing happened with the selection of Mario
Old 06-10-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

thanks texanfan.. didn't catch this on the other thread

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=23007

thanks swisher for all your hard work

Last edited by Wolf; 06-10-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

Wow, look at that playcalling. Passing on first down? And second down? That brings back some memories. I hope the stadium can be that loud again, it really played a part in that game. Hope our offense has plenty of passing as well.
Old 06-11-2006   #14
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

It was a lot of fun to go through Swisher's process. Some things stand out if you look at those videos.

1) The very 1st year we had an excellent defense and a young offense. The defense did a lot to help that ball club.

2) In the beginning Carr was given some protection particularly at the start of the game against Dallas. Bradford never hung on to the ball, but we were lucky because the defenders got penalties. They never figured he out he was going to catch the ball. In all of those videos Carr made the throw when he had time. After that game he was given little if any time and they figured out how to get through our line.

3) The play calling after the 1st game was essentially the same. Carr took hits and got up to take more. It is evident that he has little talent around him.

This year the Texans will be a force in the NFL. We are going to have a defense and we are going to have an offense. Our O-line is going to protect the QB and our defense is going to get to the other team's QB. The receivers we have are going to be a nightmare for the other team. On all of the practice video Moulds has looked extemely good. Due not under estimate what Moulds means to Carr and AJ. Carr looks right now like he did at the beginning of his 1st season. He looks very relaxed and confident. I'm looking for Carr to have a very big season. We now have the talent to compeat in the NFL. Add to that we now have the coaching to compeat in the NFL.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shows you in both videos what Carr can do with some time, I think he will have it this year, and he has Moulds Dre Putzier DD Cook Kevin Walters and Gary Kubiak!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on the Eagles.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006   #16
mapleleaf
Veteran

Yeah. My God I can remember those memories....I even checked out some earlier histroy on that page too, the one when Bob McNair unveiled the Texans team name, and the day when the NFL announced that a team will come to Houston.
Old 07-30-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

thanks to swisher more has been added recently

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

watching the 2nd quarter 5.. forgot about this (they make the point) that Carr has no QB coach.. and Palmer doing it all.

has the infamous Lewis dropping the wide open bomb from Carr (what an arm Carr has) a minute 1:45 into the video

Last edited by Wolf; 07-30-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

50 yards in the air and fast and hard.. I am imagining Mould breaking open on that
Old 07-30-2006   #19
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

watching his hightlights on the video got me pumped for the 2002 season.

there are a group of people in New York, who camp out get best seats together and boo the 1st selection...NO MATTER WHO IT IS....happens every year
Old 07-30-2006   #20
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Whoever posted those vids deserves a beer!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read