Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Is Wieger playing LG?

If you look at NEWS on the Texan's web site one of the pictures that comes up in the presentation shows 72 beside 78. That is Wiegert next to Wand. Has Wiegert pulled from the RG or RT? It looks like 65 is also there. I've always wanted Wiegert to play next to Wand. Now if we could play 7 linemen without getting penalized it would be nice. Sometimes it really is difficult to figure out what they are doing in some of these pictures.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
If you look at NEWS on the Texan's web site one of the pictures that comes up in the presentation shows 72 beside 78. That is Wiegert next to Wand. Has Wiegert pulled from the RG or RT? It looks like 65 is also there. I've always wanted Wiegert to play next to Wand. Now if we could play 7 linemen without getting penalized it would be nice. Sometimes it really is difficult to figure out what they are doing in some of these pictures.
Field goals and maybe goal line plays move the line around. I don't know what pictures you are looking at, so I don't know if that applies.

If it wasn't an 11 on 11 drill, sometimes the players do other things too - if you look you'll see pictures where offensive lineman are playing d-line as the other o-lineman practice certain aspects of their games.
Old 06-10-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Field goals and maybe goal line plays move the line around. I don't know what pictures you are looking at, so I don't know if that applies.

If it wasn't an 11 on 11 drill, sometimes the players do other things too - if you look you'll see pictures where offensive lineman are playing d-line as the other o-lineman practice certain aspects of their games.
We call that group the scout team. They are the team who will run various sets of an opponents play book in order to help the first team see what the plays look like and know what to expect.
Old 06-11-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
We call that group the scout team. They are the team who will run various sets of an opponents play book in order to help the first team see what the plays look like and know what to expect.
The scout team uses the lower depth players to simulate opponents. This "scout team" uses players at their normal positions (i.e. reserve d-lineman to play the d-line). I don't think a scout team has much to simulate right now.

I am talking about certain drills, most of which are o-line only, during these training sessions where some offensive lineman turn around and act as defensive lineman. Then for the next set of plays those that just played O play D and vice versa. Those acting as d-lineman don't go anywhere near game speed and are just there to help the o-lineman who are playing o-line to practice technique, balance, etc. Even the first string o-lineman turn around and play d-line for the reserves.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read