Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2006   #1
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peek signed to new deal

On the new practice report at the bottom, there is a note saying that Peek has been resigned for a undisclosed amount. There's our new GM's first action.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"In the fold: Perhaps no player on the Texans' defense had a larger role than Antwan Peek last year."
Huh ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
"In the fold: Perhaps no player on the Texans' defense had a larger role than Antwan Peek last year."
Huh ?
DaShon Polk and Shantee Orr had pretty big roles if I remember correctly...
Old 06-09-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mmmm, bit confused by this. I thought he had signed his RFA a month or so ago. This is being reported as only a 1 year deal, so what's the difference between it and a signed RFA beats the heck out of me, but good to have him signed.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Mmmm, bit confused by this. I thought he had signed his RFA a month or so ago. This is being reported as only a 1 year deal, so what's the difference between it and a signed RFA beats the heck out of me, but good to have him signed.
Is it that he just signed the tender we offered him awhile back or am I missing something?
Old 06-09-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh ?
Yeah, that particular quote was a headscratcher, unless you count the game where he got three penalties in one drive.

I am guessing that they have big expectations for him. As I mentioned here in the blog, I experienced one of those Sesame Street moments seeing Peek on the stage at the "All Access." You know, like the song--"one of these things, is not like the other."

On stage, Kubiak introduced a bunch of the experienced new free agents.
Introduced Mario
Introduced Andre and Carr

and introduced Peek. Peek??? I like him as much as the next person, but I couldn't figure out why Kubiak chose to put him on stage with the others.

Not Babin. Not Dunta.

Peek.

Maybe it was one of those things of being kind of an accident--you know, like Peek really wanted to do it--but it made me scratch my head a bit like reading "no player on the Texans' defense had a larger role than Antwan Peek last year."

I know he has been working out like a beast in the off-season, so many it is a bit of reward for his hard work.

Durnit, I am ready for the season so I can talk about stuff that is real and not illusory.
Old 06-09-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I trust Coach Kubiak, so I figure anyone that's left is someone that his staff sees potential in. Peek always seemed to have a good bit of raw talent, so maybe it just wasn't focussed in the right direction. Hopefully a 4-3 will be a better scheme for his strengths.
Old 06-09-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh ?
Things that make you go Peek? Don't mind the signing, but can we get the truth and not be treated like kids with this BS?
Old 06-10-2006   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh ?

Maybe, Kub was talking about breakfast, and it's an overlooked misspell???
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Take it easy on Carmine. He's new.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Good point. (Personally, I thought it was a little funny.)

So, am I the only person curious about Peek being introduced on stage at "All Access?"
Old 06-10-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Seems like Mr. Pirone needs to understand the history of this franchise, his market as well as how the Chronicle writers have been. He may be a nice guy and very good at what he does, but that ain't going to cut it around here for no cover.
Old 06-10-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

fanfeedback@houstontexans.com
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I don't read the articles unless they are brought to the board. Appreciate the link, but my feedback has been given in the correct medium.
Old 06-10-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad he got a new deal, high energy guy, good football player. Really going to help that Mario is on the other side, Peek is going to have his best year yet.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I see your Peek jersey is going to be good for a while...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #18
wicked_wayz
all blacks

im glad peek got resigned, he by far is one of my favourite players, and he can be great under the new scheme. lets not forget that richard smith praise peek for his abilities, saying that he will excel and that he has the potential.
Old 06-11-2006   #19
bATXle red
Rookie

i don't know anyone that would have been happy to see him go. i've been kinda wondering why it took this long for the signing.
Old 06-11-2006   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I see your Peek jersey is going to be good for a while...
apparently, its only a 1 year deal so he needs to prove himself so he can stay around awhile longer

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read