Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-10-2004   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Warner headed to San Fran???

With San Fran having the misfortune of its' QB going down, in mini-camp, could Warner be a perfect fit for a team hurting at the QB position. Of course Dorsey is the backup, but he has no experience at all, and his arm is not as strong as most of the elite QB's in the league. Warner could come right in and run the West Coast Offense and in pretty decent weather. Could this be the second chance he needed? I think so and San Fran can get a desperate guy at bargain prices!
Old 05-10-2004   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

John Kittna is another name that will be getting alot of attention in the next few days.
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

The whole bay area could have new QB's. Warner in San Fran, and I heard that Al and the Raiders were interested in Couch.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #4
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Poor Kittna...just when he was looking like a QB...

I'm thinking Warner will be heading to N.Y.C. They need a veteran QB to show Eli the ropes. In order for this to happen. Warner will have to settle for a pay cut and will be the starter for the year.
Old 05-10-2004   #5
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
and I heard that Al and the Raiders were interested in Couch.
But Gannon is their QB....they stand firm with Gannon. I don't see them picking anyone to fill in for him....unless Couch is looking for a back up position...
Old 05-10-2004   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
But Gannon is their QB....they stand firm with Gannon. I don't see them picking anyone to fill in for him....unless Couch is looking for a back up position...
Yeah but Gannon is old, Davis views Couch as the Raiders future, without having to use a draft pick. He would be insurance for Gannon if he can't make throught the season like last year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

SI was saying that a collins for gannon deal could be a possibility.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Of course Dorsey is the backup, but he has no experience at all, and his arm is not as strong as most of the elite QB's in the league.
You dont need that strong of an arm to play in the west coast offense

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I think Warner would be great for san fran, they lost their francise receiver and starting QB. Warner could help keep them from falling apart completely.
Old 05-10-2004   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

The only problem with Warner going to SF is that he would have to play for nothing. They only have 1.3 in cap room and Julian Peterson is holding out for more money.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read