Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2006   #1
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Default Blurb about Kevin Walter...from Kube

Here is a comment about the WR from Cinci aquired in FA this offseason, Kevin Walter. Sounds promising. This was a quote by Kube...

Wide receiver Kevin Walter could probably walk down Kirby Drive next to Reliant Stadium and go unnoticed. That may soon change as Walter as made some great strides during workouts over the past few weeks and made a great catch Thursday leaving many to wonder if he has caught Kubiak’s eye. He has.

“He’s a fine player and he’s a great kid,” Kubiak said. “We felt very fortunate when we got him. I see Kevin as a kid who’s got a chance to be a starter in this league for a long time so it’s a nice situation for us as a team.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2630
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

good news. hopefully it will work out.
Old 06-09-2006   #3
real

Hopefully he becomes our future #2 ...
Old 06-09-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a Kyle Shanahan interview the other day where the question stated Walters wasn't a big play WR but what were was he looking like as a possession type guy. Shanahan promptly corrected the interviewer saying Walters is very capable of making big plays and has been making tremendous progress at camp. Hopefully he is right.
Old 06-09-2006   #5
AFD1717
Veteran

I'm just as curious to see what Shanahan can do as I am Walters.
Old 06-09-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think he will end up being a good #2 for us when E. Moulds retires!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks like he can be a player who could be in the mold of Joe Jurevicius and Drew Bennett. Both of those guys are 6'5" and Walter is only 6'3, but he has a similar physical style, can block and seems to have pretty good speed. I picked him up for a few weeks on my dynasty team last year. Should have kept him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
There was a Kyle Shanahan interview the other day where the question stated Walters wasn't a big play WR but what were was he looking like as a possession type guy. Shanahan promptly corrected the interviewer saying Walters is very capable of making big plays and has been making tremendous progress at camp. Hopefully he is right.
Something about this young coach correcting a reporter on the facts makes me smile.

Its like he slapped the guy, and in doing so told all the media they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Okay, that was an overstatement, but its good to know KS will not let the media dictate what he'll say.
Old 06-09-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Something about this young coach correcting a reporter on the facts makes me smile.

Its like he slapped the guy, and in doing so told all the media they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Okay, that was an overstatement, but its good to know KS will not let the media dictate what he'll say.

I think that happens a lot to players. They get pigeonholed as a such-and-such, and this becomes the shorthand to describe everything that they are.

Maybe that makes sense after someone has been in the league for a while and is accustomed to a system, but doesn't make sense for describing most of the Texans.

Really, after you hear Kyle talk for a while, you lose track of how old he is. He's genius Mike's only son, so I am guessing he knows a thing or ten about his father's offense.
Old 06-09-2006   #10
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Hopefully he becomes our future #2 ...

I hope he does also, I know he has the talent, skills, work ethic, and determination if given the opportunity; he will shine. I especially like the players he has learned from since drafted by the Giants. Ike, Toomer, Chad Johnson, TJ, and now Moulds and AJ. That is one great team of mentors.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
I think he will end up being a good #2 for us when E. Moulds retires!
That would be nice so that we don't have to spend a future first day pick on a new #2 for awhile
Old 06-09-2006   #12
The Preacher
Veteran

Walter is gonna light it up....63 catches....7 touchdowns.....4 pancakes. He came around against Pitt and showed he can be a #1. Optimistic maybe but realistic yes.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
Walter is gonna light it up....63 catches....7 touchdowns.....4 pancakes. He came around against Pitt and showed he can be a #1. Optimistic maybe but realistic yes.
In Denver they didn't really use a #3 WR so I don't see Walter being that productive, but we can all hope he will be
Old 06-09-2006   #14
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
In Denver they didn't really use a #3 WR so I don't see Walter being that productive, but we can all hope he will be
I think I meant to say a #2. If AJ goes cold or Carr is hurting for time I can imagine he could have a few 6 or 7 catch games. I think he definitely gets into the fifties. Should be interesting.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #15
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

I really like this guy and i dont think he had a good chance to prove him self at Cincy with Chad Johnson TJ Houshmandzadeh Chris Perry. He also has a fearless attitude and adjusts smoothly to the off-target throws which will be good considering that David Carr will be getting rushed a lot.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #16
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
True, but who did they really have? Denver's always done a a good job with marginal talent. They did great when they had real good talent, i.e...McCaffrey AND Smith.

Lelie, Charlie Adams, Watts, etc...? Their WR's are horrendous.

Would anybody take Denver's WR talent over ours? Moulds, AJ, Walters, Putz?

Heck, if you had to choose based on talent alone - would you take Denver's entire team or the Texans' entire team? I'd say 95% of GM's would take our talent....now that we have coaching, we'll see how the 'talent' comes together.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA

Heck, if you had to choose based on talent alone - would you take Denver's entire team or the Texans' entire team? I'd say 95% of GM's would take our talent....now that we have coaching, we'll see how the 'talent' comes together.
Homer alert.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Homer alert.
Gees, we will have to post a Vinny alert.......
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #19
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Homer alert.
Rod? Jake? Tatum? Tight End? Lelie?

Hmm...ya lost me....but I'm listenin'....
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #20
Samer
Veteran

I think that Walter is more than capable at WR...he isnt a superstar but has the capability to become one if he is coached well...playing behind Chad Johnson was a help and now he has Moulds and Andre Johnson...he maybe huge for us this year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read