Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeMeco finally gets some Chronicle coverage !

"Once rookie linebacker DeMeco Ryans proved he could grasp the Texans' defensive system quickly, the coaches decided to take advantage.
Training camp is still more than a month away, but Ryans is learning nearly every linebacker position and vying for a starting job. Instead of being weighed down by the responsibilities, the 21-year-old is dealing with them just like he did everything in college.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3953184.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
AFD1717
Veteran

This guy has probowl written all over him.
Old 06-09-2006   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

and hope that he doesnt get injured

i really falling in love with demeco
im real excited

i dare T.O. to come across the middle in october
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

snippet:
Ryans is currently sitting behind Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and Wali Rainer in the middle.

"We think he has a bright, bright future," Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed and athletic ability to the position.

I can't wait to see the day that he gets his first start as I trust that will be the first of many in a long and great career. Kubiak and staff have frequently been on point in their collective messaging where people earn their position not deserve. I friggin love it.
Old 06-09-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I swear with every one of these articles I read I get more excited about the upcoming season. I am ready for some football now!
Old 06-09-2006   #6
wicked_wayz
all blacks

dymecco is this teams future leader
Old 06-09-2006   #7
real

I think that at least by game 3 of the season he will be the starting mike...
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2006   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a lot about how Winston was a steal in the 3rd and I agree. But I also think Ryans was a steal in the 2nd rd.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #9
real

Originally I was skeptical of the Texans draft but after seeing how the team is shaping up.........Makes me proud to be a texan...
Old 06-09-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN
I heard a lot about how Winston was a steal in the 3rd and I agree. But I also think Ryans was a steal in the 2nd rd.
Some of what I read before and after the draft said that DeMeco and Winston could have gone in the 1st round. They could both end up being huge steals for us depending on how things go.
Old 06-09-2006   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

One editorial note: Demeco is 6' 1" not 6' 4" as listed in the article. Can't really blame Megan though as she appears to have caught the glitch from the Texans' roster.
Old 06-09-2006   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

He will be one of the greats for years to come
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN
I've heard that consistently. The Texans were floored when Ryans was there in the 2nd. and absolutely stunned when Winston was there in the 3rd. I think Ryans just might end up as this generations Mike singletary. Maybe Winston or Wand can be our version of Orlando Pace....
Old 06-09-2006   #14
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

DeMec - He was my favorite player at Bama the last 2 years and I was very happy to see him picked up by the Texans. I truly think he will be a great player for this team for many years to come and like others said a Pro-bowler type guy - blue-collar hard working/learning type player. A real class act and a great instinct player who put plenty of time in the books to make him an all-american LB and winner of many awards on and off the field. Been compared to many of the great LB's to come out and was close to several of Derrick Thomas records at Bama.

I will be looking to get my jersey as soon as they start releasing em. Really looking forward to seeing him light a fire in our D and bring the house every play like he did @ Bama where he was a 1-2 contender with AJ Hawk for pretty much every LB award. If he has the kind of year I think/coaches are seeing he will be a contender for DROY for sure and will bring some solid play to our LB's for a change.

I know everybody was really hyped on Mario esp w/the draft and bush-young, but honestly my fav pick of our draft was DeMec. I really think he will be a Great player for the Texans and I cant wait to see him live playing for our home team at TC and this season.

Last edited by U4ikrob; 06-09-2006 at 10:18 AM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #15
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Considering the our defensive woes last year, he is a welcome sight this year. I hope he can get to Manning sometime this yaer.
Old 06-09-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
He will be one of the greats for years to come
One day when boarding a flight at the airport in Springfield, Mo. a couple
years ago, I noticed this well dressed, even dapper middle-aged African-American man in a business suite approaching the security gate. Even before
the security guy grabbed him and pulled him aside to get his autograph, I recognized Mike Singletary. But I was struck how short he was and how mild
mannerd he appeared. And it may have been years since he played, but he still looked fit and well conditioned, as if he could have suited-up that day.
I dunno....Singletary was known as a guy who was not overly impressive physically, and almsot bland in demeanor who was a fiery and inspirational leader on the field who became a Hall-of-Famer. Hey, you never know.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited for the 1st time the Texans actually had an excellent draft in a prospect rich draft, you have to strike when the iron is hot and DeMeco will be a cornerstone to the Texans future regardless where he lines up, he will get after it & make things happen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #18
done88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
snippet:
Ryans is currently sitting behind Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and Wali Rainer in the middle.

"We think he has a bright, bright future," Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed and athletic ability to the position.

I can't wait to see the day that he gets his first start as I trust that will be the first of many in a long and great career. Kubiak and staff have frequently been on point in their collective messaging where people earn their position not deserve. I friggin love it.
Who is Wali Rainer and where is Sam Cowart or what ever his last name was. Is he third on the depth for middle. Of the three Iwould rather see ryans there.
Old 06-09-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88
Who is Wali Rainer and where is Sam Cowart or what ever his last name was. Is he third on the depth for middle. Of the three Iwould rather see ryans there.
Wali
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133396

I cannot speak to the depth chart as others here have more insight.
Old 06-09-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro

I cannot speak to the depth chart as others here have more insight.
Don't start trying to put informal rules on this board and expect others to follow them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read