Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Depth Chart is Posted

The more I learn and see from this coaching staff the more I like it...

http://houstontexans.com/team/depth_...0Depth%20Chart
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

The link says that the depth chart won't be posted until the eve of training camp. What exactly did you learn from this?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:

Are we taking a blank depth chart as a sign that all players are being given an equal shot and our staff has no preconcieved notions about what roles each guy will play? I hope that is where you were going. If not, I'm lost.
Old 06-09-2006   #4
BamaTexan
Rookie

Default Depth Chart

Does the Wonger need a Clue?
BamaTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #5
Doom Capers
Veteran

The wonger has needed a clue for a long time
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #6
KingRat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Are we taking a blank depth chart as a sign that all players are being given an equal shot and our staff has no preconcieved notions about what roles each guy will play? I hope that is where you were going. If not, I'm lost.
that's exactly what I read into what wonger was implying
Old 06-09-2006   #7
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRat
that's exactly what I read into what wonger was implying

It's a common practice not to post depth charts this early.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Before, the depth chart had last year's names in it, with a note that it wouldn't be updated until training camp.

Now, it is wiped clean. Which seems more appropriate.
Old 06-09-2006   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't recall ever seeing the depth chart empty. It's pure speculation at this point, but I believe that the new coaching staff is taking every opportunity to send a message.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

LOL! Nothing is there dude!
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
LOL! Nothing is there dude!
Wonger proved his point then
Old 06-09-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Appreciate you bringing this to our attention Wonger and look forward to the data being populated.
Old 06-09-2006   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

knowing texans past history, and if it holds true this coming season, then a depth chart would be pointless. every NFL team (especially the texans) suffers major injururies. on about every team, the 2nd string will play almost as much as the first string. besides, we havent gotten to training camps, so its stupid to discuss a depth chart now. midway through the season, the depth chart from preseason pretty much wont exist.
Old 06-09-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw this the other day. I was checking out player's autographs and seeing who some of the unknown names were, and you have to go to "players" in the website to see the list.

I was wondering if this was a regular procedure for teams or if it was sending a message.
Old 06-10-2006   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Empty Depth Chart?

Quote:

Is the news this slow that all we have to discuss (read into) is an empty depth chart?

Am I missing something
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #16
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

O boy... I just clicked on a blank depth chart. Is this one of those "I can see the face of Jesus in the mold on my shower curtains" moments?

It suRe feels like it.

Whatever happened to all the "true" Texan fans? Man do I miss them now.

Old 06-10-2006   #17
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
Is the news this slow that all we have to discuss (read into) is an empty depth chart?

Am I missing something
Its actually a sign of better things to come. Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart. The Texans have never had a blank depth chart. Not even for the first training camp. The guys are going to have to earn their spot.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #18
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
Its actually a sign of better things to come. Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart. The Texans have never had a blank depth chart. Not even for the first training camp. The guys are going to have to earn their spot.
I think we are probably reading too much into this. I think they blanked out the depth chart because half of the guys on it aren't on the team anymore. Do we really think that if the players want to know where they stand on the depth chart that they log on to the website and check?
Old 06-10-2006   #19
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Do we really think that if the players want to know where they stand on the depth chart that they log on to the website and check?
Sounds reasonable.
Old 06-10-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
Kubiak is sending a message with the blank depth chart.
Oh, right. I love to see all of this "Kubiak has given us a glimpse into his genius" stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but you guys act like he has done this to make some kind of point.

Remember, the most simple answer will most likely be the correct one. Save yourself the brainpower. Maybe the webmaster decided it was time for that one to go. Maybe they felt it kindof disconcerting to have that chart on there.

P.S. - I realize that it is the worst part of the year for us (after the draft and before training camp), so I'm not bashing anyone. We are all clinging to our monitors searching for the slightest bit of information about our beloved Texans.

Also, thanks for recognizing the change, Wonger.... I have been wondering if they were going to do anything with that ridiculous 2005 depth chart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read