Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-09-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Murphy gone, another Bronco a Texan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3953184.html

Quote:
Baylor ex joins team

The Texans continued to make changes to the roster, releasing tight end Matt Murphy and replacing him with offensive lineman Chris Watton, who played at Baylor and was with the Denver Broncos last season.

Murphy had been trying to make the transition from tight end to tackle this offseason.

"We thought he might have a hard time making our team at tight end, and then all of a sudden we draft two tackles, and we've been very fortunate with some of these free agents we've gotten," coach Gary Kubiak said. "It was going to be a tough transition.

"Had Matt had the ability to go on a practice squad, it might have been a transition he could make. So I wanted to be fair to him. I think he can make somebody's team at tight end as a physical tight end."

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that Watton was a undrafted guard who ended up playing on both sides of the line in the Arena Football League (Colorado Crush) for the past couple of years, after being waived by the Broncos at the beginning of the 2005 NFL season.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #3
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
I believe that Watton was a undrafted guard who ended up playing on both sides of the line in the Arena Football League (Colorado Crush) for the past couple of years, after being waived by the Broncos at the beginning of the 2005 NFL season.

Once you've played/coached/administrated for Denver, you are a "made" guy for life and are allowed to come to Houston and join the "Family." Ba-da Bing!
Old 06-09-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
Once you've played/coached/administrated for Denver, you are a "made" guy for life and are allowed to come to Houston and join the "Family." Ba-da Bing!
Alright there 17, as a Sopranos fan I like it. That's pretty clever.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Another former Texan eats it. I expected a changing of the guards, so to speak, but I did not anticipate this many changes. Of course, the return of Joppru (I'm hearing good vibes here) and the addition of Putzier and Owens meant doom for somebody...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Murphy might have been a good one based on one single piece of evidence - he was benched by Pendry and not allowed to suit up the last couple of games last season. lol
Old 06-09-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I wonder if Murphy's fate was sealed by Joppru. What I mean is that after Joppru's constant reinjuries, the Texans stocked up on TEs this offseason. But then Joppru became healthy again. So they had one more TE than anticipated. Somebody had to go, and we already had the other two new additions. Somebody had to go. I hope Murphy gets picked up somewhere.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read