Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-08-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Latest edition of "Voice of the Fan"

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
"Last but not least, as I watched new Texans general manager Rick Smith chat with owner Bob McNair on the sideline, I couldn’t help but think how much this organization has changed in the past year.
I see talent across the practice field. I see a more knowledgeable and assertive owner. I see a management and coaching staff that is young, talented and hungry. "
AJ gone soft on us and sucking up to the ownership ? Diplomacy is always a
good policy for retention of employment, anyway I'm sure he'll start spitting bullets if he sees something he gets upset about this season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted

Last edited by Runner; 06-08-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

From the article:

Quote:
And the demand for precision plays no favorites. During passing drills, Kubiak yelled to running back Antowain Smith “run and finish it” after carrying a short pass just shy of the requisite orange cone on the sideline.
I've seen or heard this 3 or 4 times now. It seems there will be no "untouchables" this year.
Old 06-08-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News
"Last but not least, as I watched new Texans general manager Rick Smith chat with owner Bob McNair on the sideline, I couldn’t help but think how much this organization has changed in the past year.
I see talent across the practice field. I see a more knowledgeable and assertive owner. I see a management and coaching staff that is young, talented and hungry. "
AJ gone soft on us and sucking up to the ownership ? Diplomacy is always a
good policy for retention of employment, anyway I'm sure he'll start spitting bullets if he sees something he gets upset about this season.
No, AJ is stating that he thinks McNair is more experianced as an owner now, AJ also likes what he sees out of the coaching staff, why would AJ start spitting bullets right now?, why should he get upset about this season when nothing has happened yet since we're still in camps, now that said, if he saw something he didn't like in these mini-camps and OTA's then he would surely tell us, AJ doesn't get paid for pleasing his readers, he gets payed for voicing his opinion as a fan .... does AJ even get paid for this?
Old 06-08-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he just saw alot of good things. Just maybe.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has spit fire before. I remember when our team started its downward spiral and he said something to the affect of our only impressive win being our inaugural game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this offseason ever going to end?

Hey, just think, this could be such a good year and see drastic improvement from Carr that the people who run the message board will change Carr's pic on the header from, Carr running for his life, to, Carr throwing the football.

Good artical A.J.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno.....but its tough to find anything on Chris Taylor, he's practically off the radar - guess it helps to go to USC and win the Heisman ?
Maybe he'll be one of those diamonds in the rough that the Bronos have developed a reputation for finding ?
He was like 4.5 something at the combine, so that's not too bad though definitely not a burner. Don't know 'bout his hands, first step, blocking skills, etc. An undrafted FA rook, usually you get what you pay for, but every once in awhile....
Here's a link to his alma mata and '05 stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=133721
Old 06-08-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
AJ has spit fire before. I remember when our team started its downward spiral and he said something to the affect of our only impressive win being our inaugural game.
Yup, that's what I'm talking about. I just want to make sure he's got that
journalistic objectivety going. Don't want to turn on the TV this fall and
see him on TV sitting in McNair's box suite with McNair listening speelbound to him as he dispenses his opinions on the Texans progress at that point in time. Can't get too close to ownership/managment when you're reporting on the company's business.
Old 06-08-2006   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno.....but its tough to find anything on Chris Taylor, he's practically off the radar - guess it helps to go to USC and win the Heisman ?
Maybe he'll be one of those diamonds in the rough that the Bronos have developed a reputation for finding ?
He was like 4.5 something at the combine, so that's not too bad though definitely not a burner. Don't know 'bout his hands, first step, blocking skills, etc. An undrafted FA rook, usually you get what you pay for, but every once in awhile....
Here's a link to his alma mata and '05 stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=133721
From what I've heard from him he's fast, and he likes to hit people... of course I heard it on this MB when we signed him so that means, I know nothing about him really.
Old 06-08-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice Aj, love the take on Carr.
Old 06-08-2006   #12
Doug
All Pro

I've always known AJ to tell it like it is. I personally think this is the best article of his that I've ever read. It's very descriptive, in depth and makes me wish I had been there. That's what it's all about! Positive things are happening for this club and I'm thankful that I'm still along for the ride.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read