Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-08-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default sounds like Texans not done in Free Agency

got this from article about PB

New general manager Rick Smith was on the sideline for the practice Wednesday, along with most of the Texans' scouts.

"Basically, what we're going to do is Rick is watching these few days," Gary Kubiak said. "We're going to have a big meeting Friday afternoon.

"We're going to sit down as coaches, scouts and everybody, listen to everyone's opinion about where we are as a team and what we need to address this summer before we come to camp. It's an evaluation period."
Old 06-08-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this means where we will be looking to trade.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #3
mapleleaf
Veteran

I wouldn't want anymore trades from other teams, it just wouldn't benefit us anymore. We just need to go into the FA, which seems unlikely.
Old 06-08-2006   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
I wouldn't want anymore trades from other teams, it just wouldn't benefit us anymore. We just need to go into the FA, which seems unlikely.
I think you are being a little presumptuous pre judging trades without seeing what is being offered and what is being gained.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #5
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
Chad Stanley for Thomas Jones, straight up. Any takers?
Old 06-08-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Chad Stanley for Thomas Jones, straight up. Any takers?
Not me.
Old 06-08-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I noticed that too watching Rick Smith's interview with NFL Total Access. It makes me excited

Quote:
NFL Total Access: Obviously, you’re still familiarizing yourself with the Texans, but give us some thoughts on the overall offseason. Let’s talk about the free agency first, Eric Moulds brought in along with Mike Flanagan, Jeb Putzier, who you are obviously familiar with. It seems like that the Texans have done a pretty good job replenishing things in the offseason.

Rick Smith: Well, they’ve done a great job, and we’ve got a good situation here with the free agent acquisitions that we’ve acquired, as well as the draft. I think the Texans had an outstanding draft, so I think we’re a better team already now and I look forward to continuing to bring some talent in here.
Quote:
NFL Total Access: Hey Rick, can you talk to us about the vision that you have for this football team and about the selection process in terms of how you go about evaluating players?

Rick Smith: Well, I think what’s important is we’ve got to develop a scouting plan, you know, both on the college side as well as the pro side. This is not Denver South, and we’re not going to just implement what we did in Denver. We’re going to take the best things that we did in Denver and take the best things we have here in Houston, and maybe some fresh ideas, and develop that plan and cone that plan, and again educate our people in terms of what we’re lokoing for and sit down with our coaches and find out exactly what they need in order to be successful. Then we’re going to put that together and hit the streets and we’re going to try and find some good players.
Old 06-08-2006   #8
BamaTexan
Rookie

Default Salary cap?

Anybody have a current figure of where we stand?
BamaTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

try houstonprofootball.com^^^^^^
Old 06-08-2006   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Smith will not have had the opportunity to show "HIS STUFF" in this past draft, and will not really be "VISIBLE" until the next draft, I feel that there will be every attempt at a major acquisition that he can be associated with prior to the regular season......a "blockbuster" that will carry his name and lend credence and confidence to his selection.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
try houstonprofootball.com^^^^^^
Bro,

I love the avatar of Mario since it is clearly Mario but you may want to bring down the shine on it. It looks eerily close to him in an Oiler uniform.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
Since Smith will not have had the opportunity to show "HIS STUFF" in this past draft, and will not really be "VISIBLE" until the next draft, I feel that there will be every attempt at a major acquisition that he can be associated with prior to the regular season......a "blockbuster" that will carry his name and lend credence and confidence to his selection.
If this is true, and he does do this ... I hope he doesn't try to break the bank or give away too much in order to get that acquisition to get his name on a player for the Texans, if there is no such available player, then don't do it ... please... I just hope he makes smart desicions about personel, besides, he can still have a hand in signing our draft choices that haven't been signed yet ... do we still have any that need to be signed?
Old 06-08-2006   #13
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
If this is true, and he does do this ... I hope he doesn't try to break the bank or give away too much in order to get that acquisition to get his name on a player for the Texans, if there is no such available player, then don't do it ... please... I just hope he makes smart desicions about personel, besides, he can still have a hand in signing our draft choices that haven't been signed yet ... do we still have any that need to be signed?

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=hou

you can check out this link, it tells you which players are left to be signed...
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173004 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we'll get a second and a third for PBuch and 3 draft picks for Babin....oh wait got those backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Bro,

I love the avatar of Mario since it is clearly Mario but you may want to bring down the shine on it. It looks eerily close to him in an Oiler uniform.
lol, I would but I have no idea how, I just found the picture over the internet. If someone wants to fix it they can and I'll use it, but I'm still experimenting with some new ones.
Old 06-08-2006   #16
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 71 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default three questions

I think McNair has the learned the hard way and will be more active in vetoing trades.

Greenwood is the best trade bait, over priced especially if he becomes a reserve. The latter can be said for Todd Wade.

Depth is still needed at possibly FB, QB (Behind Rosenfels), and LB if Greenwood is moved.

The biggest question is do the Texans have TEs that can serve as backup FBs and then does Lundy fit the need of 5th rb/ kick returner
Old 06-08-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
I think McNair has the learned the hard way and will be more active in vetoing trades.

Greenwood is the best trade bait, over priced especially if he becomes a reserve. The latter can be said for Todd Wade.

Depth is still needed at possibly FB, QB (Behind Rosenfels), and LB if Greenwood is moved.

The biggest question is do the Texans have TEs that can serve as backup FBs and then does Lundy fit the need of 5th rb/ kick returner
Owen Daniels and Patrick Hape (I see him getting cut but as of now he's on the team) can both serve as backup FBs if needed. Lundy would probably be a #4 RB or maybe even #3 RB depending on how Morency is doing, and he is being tried as a kick returner in Mathis' absence.
Old 06-09-2006   #18
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 71 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is lundy enough

I am just saying there might be a better back out there than Lundy for a 3rd or 4th rb and returner role. Especially using Greenwood as trade bait.
Old 06-09-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
I am just saying there might be a better back out there than Lundy for a 3rd or 4th rb and returner role. Especially using Greenwood as trade bait.
Your right he's probably not enough, that's why were looking at trading for Michael Bennett. I wouldn't be suprised if Lundy gets kicked onto the practice squad for a year with all of this competition taking place throughout the whole team.
Old 06-09-2006   #20
HOOK'EM
Veteran

........how bout trading Morency?
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read