Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-08-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tie games?

If the Texans tie a game how would you guys react? Especially if it's at Reliant. The walk down the ramps at Reliant would be interesting. When we win everybody's happy. When we lose everybody's sad. When we tie....?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you even tie anymore? Since there is overtime, if no one scored wouldn't you just go to double overtime? I haven't seen a team tie in an NFL game for years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-08-2006   #3
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

no your're wrong, its just that there hasnt been a tie in soo long, but it can screw other teams, for example, the Falcons finished the 2001 season 9-6-1, that one tie got them the wild card, they beat the Green Bay Packers, if we tie this year, it will help us in the wild card sometimes

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #4
mapleleaf
Veteran

I don't know maybe people would be mad, angry, or happy depending on the fan.
Old 06-08-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

It depends on how the game is going. If we are getting killed and walk away with a tie that's a lot different than leading most of the game and tieing in the end.
Old 06-08-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It depends on the opponent. For instance, if we tied the Colts, I'd actually have to be a little happy that we didn't lose again.
Old 06-08-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would feel ripped off a little.

But I guess it depends on what it does to us at the end of the season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-08-2006   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
no your're wrong, its just that there hasnt been a tie in soo long, but it can screw other teams, for example, the Falcons finished the 2001 season 9-6-1, that one tie got them the wild card, they beat the Green Bay Packers, if we tie this year, it will help us in the wild card sometimes
Good point!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Can you even tie anymore? Since there is overtime, if no one scored wouldn't you just go to double overtime? I haven't seen a team tie in an NFL game for years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

An NFL tie hasnít occurred for 3 years. With sudden sudden death overtime, in the regular season, if the score remains even at the end of one extra period, the game is declared a tie; in the playoffs, the game continues until a winner is determined.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

A tie would suck. Just not as bad as a loss.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

After a 2-14 season, I will take a tie anyday and consider it a victory. As an aside, one of the things that I like about the NFL is that they do allow for tie games (I believe there is only one sudden death overtime). In NCAAs, the game just goes on until somebody wins (okay, that's not the whole story, but it's the meat of it). After two or three overtimes, I always felt it should be a tie. The players have been on the field for four or five hours, everybody is exhausted, and it becomes a question of who makes the first mistake. I just don't like it. Both teams are the victor. To declare one a loser is weak.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think I am in the minority, but I rooted for a tie against the Patriots in 2003. I like ties. They make tiebreakers for playoff spots and draft positions easier. I enjoy the rarity of it. I also like the fact that the teams and fans walked away not knowing how to feel.

The Falcons came back to tie the Steelers a few years ago. That was a cool game.
Old 06-08-2006   #13
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

The NFL should go to the NCAA rules for overtime. Those overtime games are fought for, with the NFL moving the kickoffs back to avoid touchbacks and make the game more exciting and kickers who can hit 50+ yarders. Overtimes generally don't last more the 2-3 possessions.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #14
mapleleaf
Veteran

As for me I don't really like ties as much. It's basically a sign saying your exactly just like your opponent in single little thing you doand it just defeats the purpose of a games excitment and hope. Well the only thing I like about ties that it's better than a loss.
Old 06-08-2006   #15
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Basically I would be upset because we could have pulled through but did not!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
It depends on how the game is going. If we are getting killed and walk away with a tie that's a lot different than leading most of the game and tieing in the end.
I agree. Depends on how the game is going. If the opposition comes back and ties it up in regulation in a game we were leading by 10 or more, I probably wouldn't be too happy with the draw. However, if we're the team that makes the big comeback and it ends in a draw, probably take it a little better. Probably also depend on how late in the season it is and what it does to playoff scenarios.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #17
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 2722 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
I don't know maybe people would be mad, angry, or happy depending on the fan.
Everyone would be sad, until they see someone who's happy....and they make them sad.....which makes the first sad happy.....

Ties create alot of confusion!!!
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read