Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default The Nails are gone....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2474286

Some have been asking about this and hear is the answer....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #2
donbmt
Veteran

If he returns to practice on Friday then he is one tough son-of-a-gun, I had one removed and that was the most unbelievable pain for days.
Old 06-07-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

OW!!

That sounds painful. Do they grow back?

I've had an ingrown toenail before, and that was painful enough. I can't even begin to imagine what he's been dealing with.
Old 06-07-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. Some ultra distance runners have their toenails removed permanently. I wonder what this procedure was.
Old 06-07-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like it was permanent.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #6
done88
Veteran

I think they will grow back. The problem is that they ere ingrown and causing infection. Removing them allows them to grow back straight as long as they are cared for properly.
Old 06-07-2006   #7
SuperMario
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion
Oww maybe the reason he "took" plays off is because of his toes. Maybe that was his "problem" in college? If that's the case he may be ROY. Look what happened to Yao when he came back from his toe surgery.
Yao was a beast after the surgery, hopefully Super Mario will have the same outcome.
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2006   #8
donbmt
Veteran

They do grow back.
Old 06-07-2006   #9
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Where is Mr. Dagger when you need him? I think it depends on the procedure. I believe its possible that they were permanently removed. The article simply doesn't give us an absolute answer.
Old 06-07-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I think it depends on the procedure.
Correct.

http://www.pbase.com/lbliss/toenail_removal_recovery
Old 06-07-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the thought of removing cuticles always makes me cringe.
Old 06-07-2006   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
There was a young man in the gold country camping next to us who was going to have this surgery done and they were talking about a month of bed time for a complete removal on both toes. I'm not so certain as to the kind of outcome to expect from these procedures. The web site seemed to indicate problems might persist. I worry about what they did and the time required for Mario to heal. The length of time they are talking about almost sounds like it was not a complete removal.
Old 06-07-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
There was a young man in the gold country camping next to us who was going to have this surgery done and they were talking about a month of bed time for a complete removal on both toes. I'm not so certain as to the kind of outcome to expect from these procedures. The web site seemed to indicate problems might persist. I worry about what they did and the time required for Mario to heal. The length of time they are talking about almost sounds like it was not a complete removal.
I'm not going to guess which procedure Williams had done.

I know that the runners who do it are usually the crazies who live to run races of 50 to 100 miles or more. I have seen runners who constantly have black toe nails, toe nails that are turning black, or toe nails that have fallen off and are growing back. These chronic problems are what are usually cured by total removal.
Old 06-07-2006   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
OW!!

That sounds painful. Do they grow back?

I've had an ingrown toenail before, and that was painful enough. I can't even begin to imagine what he's been dealing with.

It IS painful and Yes they grow back .... but it takes a while for them to regain their thickness . I had one RIPPED from by big toe when i was about 12 .... I had someone open a door while i was standing on the other side and my foot went under the door .... Toe nail ripped completely away . That was 26 years ago and I can still remember the pain like it was yesterday .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

^ I'm wincing just reading your story, corrosion!

Man, good luck to a quick recovery for our boy Mario! At least he's got good insurance, 'eh?
Old 06-07-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
At least he's got good insurance, 'eh?
It's called a 54 million dollar contract
Old 06-07-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Donbmt, get your brother's comments about this and report back to the message board.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #18
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

when i was a kid, i got my fingernail slamed in a door, and my nail fell off, and i can remember the pain like it was yesterday as well, its something that you really hope will never happen again
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife is 61 and had her right toe nail completely removed. It isn't supposed to grow back. She stayed off her feet as much as possible for about a week. Back running the malls in about a month.

I cringe just thinking about a needle in the toe.

Old 06-07-2006   #20
titan hater
Veteran

Guys, I am getting a little sick with all your war stories...please get me a bucket!!!! It has got too hurt!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read