Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-07-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default McNair Traded to Ravens

Steve McNair has been traded to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical (which has already stopped one trade this year, but unlikely to here) for what is believed to be a 4th round pick. If it is the Titans got a good deal out of it with them having depth at QB and the Ravens got a good deal out of it with their new starting QB. It's a win-win for both teams.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...home-headlines
Old 06-07-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Steve McNair has been traded to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical (which has already stopped one trade this year, but unlikely to here) for what is believed to be a 4th round pick. If it is the Titans got a good deal out of it with them having depth at QB and the Ravens got a good deal out of it with their new starting QB. It's a win-win for both teams.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...home-headlines
Good for Steve. Now I can be a McNair fan again!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #3
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The Ravens pull in a massive upgrade. This could make the AFC North a real QB battle between Palmer, McNair, and Roethlissberger.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad for the Titans. Now Young has to speed up his process. Volek is pretty good though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Is Mario licking his chops????????
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Does anybody think they have enough pop to take the AFC with McNair?

( the Ravens )

I think this is the first time they have had a Quarterback since Bert Jones played there.
Old 06-07-2006   #7
SESupergenius

Thats funny that he goes back to the division where he played the Steelers regularly. This is going to be interesting.
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Ravens @ Titans Sun, Nov 12 1:00 pm.
Old 06-07-2006   #9
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion
If Jamaal Lewis can comeback, they might have a SB run in them. I hope they kick the Steelers arse!
I think they should be OK even if Lewis can't return to his previous form. After all, they do have Mike Anderson, and although he is getting up there in years, he still had a productive year last season, albeit in the Denver running system. If Anderson plays near last year's level and Lewis at least plays respectably, the Ravens should have a decent running game.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Means we will be seeing Young sooner rather than later. You could make an argument for sitting Young behind McNair. It's a lot harder to make that argument for Volek. Volek isn't bad, but you can bet they are going to be pressing to put Young out there that much sooner now.
Old 06-07-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Volek did better than McNair did last year, he will be the starting QB while Vince Young learns behind him...it worked for Carson Palmer and Eli Manning...I don't see the Titans rushing him in there.
Old 06-07-2006   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Too bad for the Titans. Now Young has to speed up his process. Volek is pretty good though.
Volek is the projected starter. Noy VY just yet.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
Games like this one make me wish I had the NFL Ticket!

Good luck to McNair, though! I've always liked and respected him, and couldn't help but follow his career since he was originally drafted as a Houston Oiler.

I hope he finds big success with the Ravens (even though I'm not a big fan of the owner...but he's no worse than Bud).
Old 06-07-2006   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon

Think McNair will try to send the Titanics a message ? I hope they beat the $h.. outa the Titanics and run up the score in the process .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just when Kyle Boller was getting better...-
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see Steve McNair win a Superbowl with the Ravens.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #17
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Just more proof for V.Y. to hightail it out of Nashville once his rookie contract is up. Bud has zero loyalty.
He burned Houston and now McNair.
I wish Steve the best.
To hell with Bud!
Old 06-07-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The article on espn, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2474430, talks about how costly it is when a 1st round draft selection doesn't work like Boller.

Read the first paragraph and this could be us this time next year.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #19
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
Just more proof for V.Y. to hightail it out of Nashville once his rookie contract is up. Bud has zero loyalty.
He burned Houston and now McNair.
I wish Steve the best.
To hell with Bud!
I think you are being a little too harsh, this is a business and about winning.

I totally agree with your Bud statement, just not how you got there.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit that I always liked McNair but him being a Budman kept me from rooting for him. Now that Bud has screwed him over and McNair is on a team I consider neutral I'll root for him again.

As for it being "just business"...McNair signed extensions to lower his cap number twice if I recall correctly. That was a move to help the TEAM win. Most of the time you do that, some of the money because a bonus and the rest gets loaded into the final year. He ended up with a unrealistic cap number for this season ($23 million). His repayment for his loyalty was being locked out of the team facilities because they never intended on paying him the money in the contract for the final year. That's not just business. It's showing a lack of loyalty to an employee that was nothing but loyal to you. Sad really.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read