Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2006   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unsecured Texans Playbooks....6/3/06

I sent Coach Gary a fax about it.....
I sent Owner Bob a certified letter about it.....

But I didn't get any response from them....

Maybe this will do the trick......

Last Saturday's Houston Texans "All Access" was very appropriately named...

Last Saturday, in my walking tour through the Texans Locker Room, I spotted black plastic-covered loose leaf binders, full of paper, approximately 3 inches thick, sitting on the open and unsecured shelves of at least six Texan players’ cubicles.

While I didn’t take them off the shelf and look through them, these loose leaf binders looked like Texans Playbooks.....

What else could they have been?

I sent Gary and Bob a letter listing the cubicles with the unsecured binders..

With the mass of people going through there, and total lack of security, someone could have easily walked off with one of those binders..

Just what we need, someone with an advance look at the new gameplan...

Players who are this sloppy with sensitive team documents deserve to be heavily fined or suspended. You can't cut them, because arguably speaking, any other team would be better....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the Texans left them there on purpose hoping somebody would snatch them up. But the catch is that those were all fake plays! Sneaky Kubes...

Or, some of the players are dumb.

I prefer the 1st version.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #3
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=TexanSam]Maybe the Texans left them there on purpose hoping somebody would snatch them up. But the catch is that those were all fake plays! Sneaky Kubes...

Or, some of the players are dumb.

Hey, during the 1960's didn't Papa Bear George Halas fine a Chicago player $1000.00 for losing a playbook? That was chunk of change back then...

what would the fine be now?
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time

Hey, during the 1960's didn't Papa Bear George Halas fine a Chicago player $1000.00 for losing a playbook? That was chunk of change back then...

what would the fine be now?
Just ask Antwan Peek

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #5
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

How did you mail something to Bob McNair?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Just ask Antwan Peek
Then, ask him about his Escalade.
Old 06-07-2006   #7
real

If you didn't look inside them, then they could've been anything...they could've been work out plans...or they could've just been notebooks for meetings...at this point I think it's just speculation
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
If you didn't look inside them, then they could've been anything...they could've been work out plans...or they could've just been notebooks for meetings...at this point I think it's just speculation
What is this, the voice of reason?

Next somebody is going to suggest that they probably had a coach or two with the responsibility of making sure the locker room was secure before allowing the public in, so there was probably nothing to worry about.
Old 06-07-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
What is this, the voice of reason?

Next somebody is going to suggest that they probably had a coach or two with the responsibility of making sure the locker room was secure before allowing the public in, so there was probably nothing to worry about.
Exactly...I would like to hope that the Texans have more sense than to leave playbooks around while a tour is going on....
Old 06-07-2006   #10
done88
Veteran

I saw that also. It looked like most of the play books were defense. I'm not sure if the Texans had fake books up there to create the look of a real locker room or if they were really the play books. However if there is an issue it should be with security. The one place a play book is safe is in the locker room. It is an unwritten rule that what is in the locker room stays in the locker room. The players need somewhere that they can put their valuables and feel that those valuables are safe. The locker room is just that. There is nothing more valuable then their playbooks and those playbooks should always be safe in the locker room. I felt a little uncomfortable watching people go through players lockers and sit in players lockers. In college if someone was caught in a players locker they were hung on the wall by their underwear. This is the players personal space. It is ok to look but to actually sit in their chair and go through their stuff was disrespectful. There should have been security saying look and take pictures but don't touch anything.
Old 06-07-2006   #11
Bear
Rookie

MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

But being the true fan that I am, I resisted the tempation to take it and put it up on Ebay

Edited to add and clarify: I did take a peek and it was, in fact, a LEGIT playbook.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

But being the true fan that I am, I resisted the tempation to take it and put it up on Ebay

Edited to add and clarify: I did take a peek and it was, in fact, a LEGIT playbook.
Excellent!

I still doubt the team was worried about it or they wouldn't have been there.
Old 06-07-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a report earlier this off-season that Carr was so anxious to get to work learning the new system that he pestered Troy Calhoun into giving him the Denver playbook. Not sure the teams actually regard these as top secret as fans think.
Old 06-07-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow....I am flabbergasted that there were actual playbooks in the locker room during the tour. And we didn't even notice them!!

They've got to be fakes. With as much secrecy as teams are about playbooks, I just can't imagine that there would be that many Texans under the new Kubiak regime that would leave out team secrets for public access.
Old 06-07-2006   #15
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

That playbook is mister Jameel Cook's I see...
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #16
real

Well maybe they aren't that worried about it because they probably aren't going to run alot of they plays that they have thus far...There are still alot of people on the team that won't make the cut so they probably won't have a final playbook till preseason...just a guess
Old 06-07-2006   #17
kra-z Texan
Veteran

How the Hell do you memerize something like that. I would be confusing plays and forgettin wher to run.
kra-z Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Madden would give top dollar for that playbook. Could you imagine trying to scroll through all those plays?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The playbook is so large and teams run such redundant stuff...it doesn't matter. Its the game plan that you have to protect.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #20
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The playbook is so large and teams run such redundant stuff...it doesn't matter. Its the game plan that you have to protect.
That is VERY TRUE!!!!!!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read