Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default 9ers fans talking texans

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...?t=2234&page=4

From here, down, the discussion (initially about the steelers superbowl rings) turned to texans talk for a little while.

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing the opinions of '9ers fans.
Old 06-06-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Khari and I run that forum too. That's where I'm experimenting with a possible sig-pic program for here.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Khari and I run that forum too.
yeah, i've noticed your names floating around the boards.
Old 06-06-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I keep saying is that the Texans pretty much got 3 first rounders for a lot less. This draft was extremely deep.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #5
SESupergenius

wow, it seems all media took over the 49rs website from Epic Cycle. When did that happen?
Old 06-06-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
wow, it seems all media took over the 49rs website from Epic Cycle. When did that happen?
It was in the works for a while....but they converted a few months back. allmedia/J&A partners does the Titans, Cardinals, 49ers and Texans sites right now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #7
SESupergenius

Quote:
It was in the works for a while....but they converted a few months back. allmedia/J&A partners does the Titans, Cardinals, 49ers and Texans sites right now.
I like the Cardinals website. I hope to be going to their first preseason game against the Steelers....in 110 degree heat. We'll see how eventful this new stadium is compared to ASU Stadium.
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2006   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I like the Cardinals website. I hope to be going to their first preseason game against the Steelers....in 110 degree heat. We'll see how eventful this new stadium is compared to ASU Stadium.
Doesn't it have a roof over it? Isn't that the stadium where they pull out the grass like a shelf to let it get sun between games?
Old 06-06-2006   #9
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Doesn't it have a roof over it? Isn't that the stadium where they pull out the grass like a shelf to let it get sun between games?
That's the plan, but who knows how it will work out. There is blistering heat in Phoenix during the preseason so this will no doubt be a good test. I'd have to say however that I'd take that over Reliant in August with the roof open, I just can't stand the humidity.
Old 06-06-2006   #10
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Khari and I run that forum too. That's where I'm experimenting with a possible sig-pic program for here.
Please dont implement the sig-pic...it makes other message boards look too jumbled and unorganized...

HT.com looks clean and concise imo, allowing us to scroll through information and opinions and not a bunch of repetitive images.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
Please dont implement the sig-pic...it makes other message boards look too jumbled and unorganized...

HT.com looks clean and concise imo, allowing us to scroll through information and opinions and not a bunch of repetitive images.
I wouldn't mind it. I think it would be pretty cool. I do think we're fine now though and I enjoy the board as is. If we did it I know some people have said they don't like it maybe you guys should make "View Sigs" as an option in the options setting in the User CP. That way everybody's happy
Old 06-06-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting stuff over there, but this one got me: "not that nobody was interested, they were asking for too much. those rumors/reports had the Texans asking for atleast 3 first round draft picks."

THREE first round draft picks?! That's just nonsense. I've never read anything in the media (or on the boards) about that kind of asking price.

Has there ever been a trade with three first rounders for a top pick? Nobody is worth that price.
Old 06-06-2006   #13
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Interesting stuff over there, but this one got me: "not that nobody was interested, they were asking for too much. those rumors/reports had the Texans asking for atleast 3 first round draft picks."

THREE first round draft picks?! That's just nonsense. I've never read anything in the media (or on the boards) about that kind of asking price.

Has there ever been a trade with three first rounders for a top pick? Nobody is worth that price.
In the NFL record book I have, I could not find any trades for three first round picks.

I did however, find this.

In 1952 the then Dallas Texans traded the draft rights to Les Richter, a DB to the L.A. Rams for 11 players.

Being the old man that I am, I remember him with the Rams. Here is why. His belt broke and his pants fell down while he in coverage, tripping him and lettting the receiver score at TD. TV game, I saw it happen
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #14
sensei
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool

I agree. Makes things too jumbled.

sensei
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #15
mapleleaf
Veteran

Well at least the 9ers fans are little bit more respectful to us compared to all the other boards I've been on that talk about us. I mean in the Jaguars board, they all claim us as a "illegitimate football team" and other insults, and on the Bills board I think I read one stint conversation about the Texans on an old topic about the Moulds trade, and they claim that we are making more mistakes than ever and that we should move to LA to piss off 16 million people. At least they like our uniforms and helmets, but they're in San Francisco so it doesn't really matter.
Old 06-06-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
Well at least the 9ers fans are little bit more respectful to us compared to all the other boards I've been on that talk about us. I mean in the Jaguars board, they all claim us as a "illegitimate football team" and other insults, and on the Bills board I think I read one stint conversation about the Texans on an old topic about the Moulds trade, and they claim that we are making more mistakes than ever and that we should move to LA to piss off 16 million people. At least they like our uniforms and helmets, but they're in San Francisco so it doesn't really matter.
It's because the 49ers were not the best last year (hopefully a better season for them this year) and that the Jags are just mad because no matter how good or bad our team is we can almost always find a way to beat them
Old 06-06-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We've got Mario, and I'm OK with that and looking forward to the new season
and a new start like everyone else.
However, what happened and transpired in those negotiations with Bush and
other teams we might have traded with after we decided not to take Bush,
I'd sure like to know ? Maybe we'll learn more now that one of the few people
that knows the whole story is no longer with the organization, and Charlie does love the attention. Though I recognize he's probably remain loyal to his ex boss here in Houston, Charlie leaked stories with the best of them.
What I'd really like to know is what was our asking price for the top pick ? It's
still hard for me to believe that we couldn't have traded with the Titans or
Jets and got just one additional Ist day pick besides their #1, if only a third rounder.
And I wonder, would we really have been willing to trade with divison rival Tenn ? And did we even approach them, or they us ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
What I'd really like to know is what was our asking price for the top pick ?
I'd be curious to know, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Maybe we'll get a tell-all book from John McClain 30 years from now...who knows?

My personal belief is that NFL teams were not as enamored with Bush as the media hype led us to believe. Sure, the dude is potentially a great talent (and he was awesome in college), but it did not appear that anyone really stepped up and tried to make a blockbuster deal. It didn't happen when the Saints had the pick, either.

For an alleged "player of the century", I would have thought teams would be climbing over each other to make a deal with us. I can't believe that the FO was so set on Mario that they wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the right deal. I just don't think the offer was ever there.
Old 06-07-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My personal belief is that NFL teams were not as enamored with Bush as the media hype led us to believe. Sure, the dude is potentially a great talent (and he was awesome in college), but it did not appear that anyone really stepped up and tried to make a blockbuster deal. It didn't happen when the Saints had the pick, either.
I dunno....but I think maybe you're right DB.
I'm really looking forward to this season in so many ways, the least of which is not to find out how the top picks from the '06 Draft look in the NFL.
Most of all is to see how our guy Mario does, and then I'll be very curious
'bout Bush. Wonder 'bout Ferguson ? Its tough for a rookie tackle to start
at LT, look at Robert Gallery, he still hasn't made it over to the left side after
2 years in the league. And I honestly think between Spencer and Winston, we're gonna have a guy long-term who will be at Ferguson's level in the NFL.
But ESPN was a 24/7 hype machine for RB and his teammates. And he was the one they were least wrong about. I mean, Leinert barely was off the Board after the top ten picks were made, and their OT Justice didn't even get picked in the entire first round.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
But ESPN was a 24/7 hype machine for RB and his teammates. And he was the one they were least wrong about. I mean, Leinert barely was off the Board after the top ten picks were made, and their OT Justice didn't even get picked in the entire first round.
No doubt, man. I've actually put all the talking heads into perspective, because now there are so many of them they seem to fall into two categories when talking over each other: 1) those that pretty much mimic Mel Kiper, so they all end up saying the same things (like a school of fish making the same turn at the same time), and 2) making outrageous predictions so they'll get noticed (like Merle Hodges, who said Vince Young was a second day pick. Dude needs to STFU about drafts, as far as I'm concerned now, and concentrate on breaking down plays for his NFL show. He blew his credibility out of the water with that statement).

It will definitely be an interesting year to watch how these draft picks played out. I wish the season was here sooner than later!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read