Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Williams Proper Introduction

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Cool! It's nice to see Mario getting the love from Houston that he deserves. :texflag:

He does look kinda' funny in that cowboy hat, tho'!

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
I would have paid good money to attend an event like that!! BUT, I'm just a lowly, hard working, middle class TEXAN FAN, who would loved to have had the opportunity to welcome Mario to Houston!! BUT, guess my pockets aren't deep enough!!:crying:

bayoudreamn

Rookie
Double Barrel said:
Cool! It's nice to see Mario getting the love from Houston that he deserves. :texflag:

He does look kinda' funny in that cowboy hat, tho'!
They gave him that hat at the event. I wonder if he knew he was getting it before though. It matches his shirt! It's soooo stereotypical.....everybody who comes to Houston thinks they gotta have a western hat.

TexanFan881

All Pro
TwinSisters said:
Deacon Jones and Elvin now... woot!

He's got friends in High Places!
Hopefully he doesn't let it go to his head like some athletes do :fireball: :bowser:

I'm sure he'll be fine though lol

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
bayoudreamn said:
They gave him that hat at the event. I wonder if he knew he was getting it before though. It matches his shirt! It's soooo stereotypical.....everybody who comes to Houston thinks they gotta have a western hat.
yeah, I know. It's so....cliche, don't you think? idonno:

At least they should have given him a black cowboy hat, considering he's going to be a defensive terror. Hopefully enemy offenses won't consider him a 'good guy'!

I do have to wonder, though, what is Mario going to do with that thing? I honestly can't see him wearing it a second time.

bayoudreamn

Rookie
Double Barrel said:

At least they should have given him a black cowboy hat, considering he's going to be a defensive terror. Hopefully enemy offenses won't consider him a 'good guy'!

I do have to wonder, though, what is Mario going to do with that thing? I honestly can't see him wearing it a second time.
He's going to plant it on a stick at the head of the first quaterback he clobbers opening Day!!!!!

edo783

Hall of Fame
Wears the hat pretty well IMO. Glad to see the city/team did something to put a formal welcome together.

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:05:50 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans DE Mario Williams was officially welcomed to Houston by several high-ranking city officials Monday, June 5. Mayor Bill White proclaimed June 5, 2006, Mario Williams Day, and Harris County Judge Robert Eckels presented Williams a large gavel with the Texans logo on it. Texans owner Bob McNair, general manager Rick Smith, coach Gary Kubiak and Houston Oilers legend Elvin Bethea were also on hand. Bethea, who normally keeps a low profile, came out to show support for the lineman, "He has the talent, he has the skills. It's just a matter of how he puts that together in one package and goes out and performs."

OzzO

.. and then?
So, I guess the previous first round picks missed out on their cowboy hat and gavel.... what does 2nd round picks get... baseball hat and a judge's robe? 3rd round maybe a Texan bear and a notebook?

TwinSisters

Veteran
A4toZ said:
what does 2nd round picks get... baseball hat and a judge's robe? 3rd round maybe a Texan bear and a notebook?
nope. 2nd on down gets a prize far greater then all of those.

They get to look at the cowboy hat *snicker*

Meloy

Veteran
Double Barrel said:

If you put it on a broom handle and spin it really fast it sometimes flies off.. the hard part is taking the hat off the cowboy wearing it...

Meloy

Veteran
Texans34Life said:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:05:50 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans DE Mario Williams was officially welcomed to Houston by several high-ranking city officials Monday, June 5. Mayor Bill White proclaimed June 5, 2006, Mario Williams Day, and Harris County Judge Robert Eckels presented Williams a large gavel with the Texans logo on it. Texans owner Bob McNair, general manager Rick Smith, coach Gary Kubiak and Houston Oilers legend Elvin Bethea were also on hand. Bethea, who normally keeps a low profile, came out to show support for the lineman, "He has the talent, he has the skills. It's just a matter of how he puts that together in one package and goes out and performs."
Ok, now this is what I was talking about in my earlier thread about where's the love for #1 pick Mario Williams.