Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2006   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Morency vs. Henson

SI quoting NFL.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

"Those who continue to wait for Dallas quarterback Drew Henson to blossom could be waiting a long time. Though Henson received the playing time he needed this spring in the NFL Europe League with the Rhein Fire, Cowboys coach Bill Parcells did not come away impressed with the skills his quarterback demonstrated. With cuts about three months away, it's not too early to put Henson on the bubble."

Trading Henson for a third round pick (became Morency) is looking better, IMO. I hope Morency gets more playing time this year.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #2
AFD1717
Veteran

The Henson deal was one of Casserly's best. We basically got Morency in the sixth round.
Old 06-06-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
The Henson deal was one of Casserly's best. We basically got Morency in the sixth round.
Which is just a little higher than where he deserved to go. Morency is horrible. Its like trading away brusselsprouts for okra...there is no winner.
Old 06-06-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Which is just a little higher than where he deserved to go. Morency is horrible. Its like trading away brusselsprouts for okra...there is no winner.
Lol.
Old 06-06-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

deleted
Old 06-06-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its like trading away brusselsprouts for okra...there is no winner.
I dunno....... but that sounds like a lot of prejudice and bias to me, 'cause I definitely like both.
Not that either one ranks with Artichokes - now there's a vegey of the highest order !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #7
12Gage
Rookie

Quote:
okra is good
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-06-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
okra is good
too gooey for me.
Old 06-06-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

I was never sold on the idea that Cass was the root of all evil. Assuming Cass was behind this deal, he has made some pretty good steals for the Texans as far as the running back stable goes (Davis and Morency). Morency had good punt returns last year. Maybe he will be returning for the Texans this year.
Old 06-06-2006   #10
real

i agree with the veggie analogy guy...both suck...not the veggies...the players
Old 06-06-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno....... but that sounds like a lot of prejudice and bias to me, 'cause I definitely like both.
Not that either one ranks with Artichokes - now there's a vegey of the highest order !
I absolutely hate Artichokes, like Okra (especially fried), and could do without sprouts, but can live with them. Too each his own.
Old 06-06-2006   #12
AFD1717
Veteran

I'm not ready to bail on Morency just yet. Was he all I hoped he would be? No, but neither is Travis Johnson and I'm not ready to bail on him either.

Brussel Sprouts and Ocra have had ample time to develop and both need to be cut. Artichokes may make the probowl this year though.
Old 06-06-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
No, but neither is Travis Johnson and I'm not ready to bail on him either.
He'd have been a heck of a 5th rounder....Value wise
Old 06-06-2006   #14
AFD1717
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
He'd have been a heck of a 5th rounder....Value wise

Maybe he won't turn out to be worth that much. We don't know yet.

BTW, I love watching that Earl Campbell clip.
Old 06-06-2006   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand this idea of drafting a player for trade bait.

If the Henson deal was a success, then you must factor in the failures to deem if drafting players for trade bait even works. I think Ragone would be a good example. Maybe they were thinking he would be solid backup? How many times did Casserly draft for trade bait and it didn't work? Besides, Morency seems like an okay RB, but time will tell if it was a success.

If someone has some stats on this or someone that was very successful at this trade bait philosohpy, please let me know. I just don't see how you build a successful team focusing a good portion of your time finding talent that you eventually want to trade. Casserly seemed to talk about this concept a lot and was very proud of the Henson deal

This is why I think Casserly was not successful. He seemed more concerned about the paper aspect of the game than the W column.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #16
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
ROFL.... Its sad, but its true
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I absolutely hate Artichokes
That's so hurtful !
Seriously, I like Arts so much, I routinely steam a couple of them and eat them without any seasoning - most people need to use melted butter or mayo.
They have a very bland, very delicate yet very distinctive flavor.
But you have to know how to buy them, know when they are ripe and also
whether or not they will be flavorful. Its all based on their appearance.
You have to be able to recognize the right shade of green (very imporatant), and the shape of the leaves is also critical in recognizing a good artichoke. Most people don't know how to buy them.
Old 06-06-2006   #18
real

Question

Never in a million yrs. would i have predicted a post about henson and morency would take such a turn...
Old 06-06-2006   #19
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never in a million yrs. would i have predicted a post about henson and morency would take such a turn...
Take into consideration it is the offseason. But still a good point!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're gonna have to learn to be patient and expect some very irrelavant
digresssions between now and the last week of July when TC will finally begin.
Between now and then, there's just gonna be a lot of dead time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read