Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-05-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does the Texans Future Live in a PARALLEL UNIVERSE???

I came across this thread at Texans Blitz. It was presented by one of their Moderators and throws out some eirily familiar parallels. Fact or fiction??......I'll let you decided........and maybe some of you can add
your thoughts..............

http://mb4.scout.com/ftexansinsiderf...icID=436.topic

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 06-05-2006 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #2
Rightnow
Veteran

It is very possible, but as the Panther fan pointed out in the thread, we are in a much tougher division of football. A winning season isn't out of the question, but will be difficult.
Old 06-05-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought George Siefert was coaching in 00/01? Lets hope they don't mirror themselves b/c it was Capers replacement that went 1-15.

I don't think I can go 2-14 and then 1-15. I don't think I could take it.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh and one more thing, did anyone else notice that we are playing Cleveland on the last day of the season. Its even a home game. Remember what happened the last time we played Cleveland on the last day of the season at home.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but it basically is saying to hold on because we just might get to the Super Bowl.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Yes, it is most interesting. The one thing I would add is that we improved tremendously on both sides of the ball. The additon of Moulds is big as far as the receiver core goes and add in the young man from Cincy. Strangely our strength RB has become our weakness offensively. I like Lundy and think he will do well in our system, but we need a healthy DD to accomplish what Kubiak wants to do.

Everyone expects Kubiak to run, but will he pass more with what we have and surprise everyone. Even the FB's he's picking up are known for catching the ball. We may use the Passing attack as an extension of the running game.

I have said 13-3 and the only think that makes me nervous is DD's health. Other than that I think we are going to surprise everyone in the league. Our defense is going to be sound and worrisome for a lot of teams. I don't buy our conference as being as strong as previous seasons.

Indy will not be what they were, the Jaguars have some big holes and problems and so do the Titans. I think we have a shot at being the conference champs and that will come as a big surprise to most.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a comparison by a stretch. The Panthers had a winning season in year 2 and went to the NFL Championship game.

Carolina never suffered like we Texans fans have already suffered. 18-46 will testify to that!
Old 06-05-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We've got some Bronco in us and now some Carolina in us...in two years we will be what the Patriots once were
Old 06-05-2006   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
in two years we will be what the Patriots once were
as soon as we copy them and get rid of our first round #1 pick QB and bring in that 'nobody' who seems to be able to find a way to win.
Old 06-06-2006   #10
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
as soon as we copy them and get rid of our first round #1 pick QB and bring in that 'nobody' who seems to be able to find a way to win.
You've got a good point Mr. Baker Sr.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read