Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2006   #1
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

Default Rb Swap! D.davis For Bennett And Future 2nd Rounder

I have a good friend, John Morton, an offensive assistant for New Orleans Saints, and he told me that the rumors of us trading for Michael Bennett are true!

He said we are looking to ship Dominick Davis to the Saints for Michael Bennett and a 2007 2nd round pick.

I don't like what I am hearing!
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Why would the Saints send Bennett and a high draft pick away for Domanick Davis just to sit him behind Bush and McAllister? That doesn't make any sense at all, although I would definitely consider that deal if it were offered. I would think the Saints would be looking to acquire a player at a position of greater need.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #3
hellojohnnyboi
Rookie

thats exactly why i didnt believe it

i'm just relaying the information

i think that something is happening in the saints organization (trade)
hellojohnnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #4
Texans86
All Pro

Would definately tick some people off around here. I'm not sure how I feel about that trade yet. DD has been good to us, but we have a lot of depth at the RB position. And a second rounder is pretty nice. That's a tough call.
Old 06-03-2006   #5
Trapped
Veteran

doesn't make sense, but ill do d.davis for a 2nd rounder right now!! remember corey dillion was acquired for a 2nd rounder. So this would be a steal in my opinion.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #6
wicked_wayz
all blacks

are you out of your mind??????? hell no should we give up dominick davis, as good as a 2nd round pick may sound DD has done too much for the texans to be shipped out to a team that he won't even start a game in. Bennet is more of a injury prone than DD

have you all forgotten what DD has done while he was here, just think what he could do with a IMPROVE oline, im loyal to DD, and i hope he finishes his career here
Old 06-03-2006   #7
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell no! I don't believe that crap.

Thanks for the info, but the Texans are getting raped if they do that deal. DD is the only solid back on this team that can run with Carr in Kubiak's offense.

So NO would end up having DD, Bush, and Mcallister? Casserly must of pushed this offer before the door knocked him in the ass!

People, seriously.....you want Bennett to be your starting RB? With Morency, Lundy, and Smith backing him up?

I don't think so.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2006   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

One of the biggest reasons it has been said that we passed on Reggie was because "We already have a good RB: Domanick Davis." Why would we send him off for someone else? Also, the only reason the Saints want to move Bennent is because they dont want another Back....I'm not buying it.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is nonsense.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #10
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Complete nonsense...

First off, since a lot of the top talent that would have come out next year came out THIS YEAR, that second round pick may not be worth all that much.

Second off, why would they trade for DD, of all people? So that they can have a $150 million dollar backfield?!?! That makes no sense.

This is ridiculous. A HORRIBLE trade for BOTH teams involved.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to add to the speculation, what if the Saints have real problems signing Bush? (if he's not already signed, I'm not 100%).
This move, or just the rumor of it, would possibly get Bush in line.. OR.. if it IS true, it could signal a Bush-trade.

Not saying any of this is true, but hey, I'm allowed to speculate!
Old 06-03-2006   #12
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default BeS

This is not evem close to being reliable!
DD will start, Smith/Morency
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #13
Jwwillis
All Pro

Could be DD's injury will shorten his career, this right after signing a large contract. Might be best to dump his salary while he still has trade value. I think Lundy will pass Morency on the debth chart. DD didnt have break away speed before the knee injury, he will be even slower now. Also, Kubiak doesnt think shifty backs fit his scheme. There will be plenty of young stud RB's coming out next year. Peterson out of OU? Good RB's come out every year. You will not see many 6'-7"/4.68 fyd/40.5" VL/ DE's coming out. Keep in mnd Kubiac's offense doesnt need a 1st round RB. 2nd round will be fine. I like the trade. DD will never earn his 5yr contract.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #14
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe McAllister(sp?) is on the way out? Can the Saints afford that?
Maybe DD's injury is more severe that we know?
I believe Lundy is our RB of the future, hasn't Kubiak been following him since he was a kid?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #15
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Maybe McAllister(sp?) is on the way out? Can the Saints afford that?
Maybe DD's injury is more severe that we know?
I believe Lundy is our RB of the future, hasn't Kubiak been following him since he was a kid?

Kubiak just said that DD should be on the field starting next weeks mini camp.

Texans | Kubiak optimistic D. Davis will return to action soon
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:57:35 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is optimistic RB Domanick Davis (knee) will return to action soon. Kubiak said, "I'm hoping Domanick does something next week. We're actually just going to do a walk-through on Monday and Tuesday, and I hope he's going to be a part of that. I would actually like to see him get a few reps before we call it a summer, so I'm hoping everything will work out."
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #16
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

First pass on Bush, then second trade away your starting RB?? That makes no sense at all. I understand Kubiak can get great production out of lesser known backs, but that would be going a little too far IMO.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #17
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

IT IS NOT TRUE GUYS GET YOUR PANTIES OUT OF A WAD. This obviously was posted to get peoples blood pumping(it worked for sure). This was reported by a friend of a friend or something. There is not even a link.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000
IT IS NOT TRUE GUYS GET YOUR PANTIES OUT OF A WAD. This obviously was posted to get peoples blood pumping(it worked for sure). This was reported by a friend of a friend or something. There is not even a link.
Agreed, this trade doesn't make sense for either team, although if we were offered Bennett and a 2nd for Domanick Davis I'd likely do it, more for the pick (will probably be in the 33-37 range of the 2007 draft) than for Bennett. Davis has done pretty well for us, but I think Morency is the same type of RB and has the potential to be as good or better, especially in Kubiak's system, plus he doesn't have the injury history od Domanick, though he is already a year older. Bennett would at least bring us a different type of RB and give us that Tatum Bell-type type speed back, so we'd be exchanging for a RB with similar overall talent (albeit a different style) and adding a high 2nd round pick.

That said, I can't see the Saints making that trade, maybe for a defensive player like Morlon Greenwood, but then I don't know if I see the Texans making that trade either. While we just got DeMeco Ryans and I think he can easily be as good and likely better than Greenwood and we have decent depth at LB, I don't know how aggressively they're really looking to add another RB.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stranger things have happened!
Who would have thought we would have 30+ new faces in camp this season?

I dont believe this rummor but nothing will shock me considering what Kubiak has done so far.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I would take the dea. And here's why:

1.) We are using Kubiak's blocking scheme from Denver. Denver was able to plug in 3 different running backs and be successful, while all were average.

2.) Michael Bennett would be perfect for our system. I think if this trade goes through he will be very productive. Sure, he's not going to be the recieving threat DD was out of the backfield, but we've already surrounded Carr with plenty of weapons.

3.) We could get a great player next year with that 2nd round pick. We can fill a need such as CB or S. With a minor downgrade if anything at RB, and we get a good player next year, this trade looks like a good one for us.

I still have no idea why the Saints would want DD though. Maybe they are shopping McAllister? Still, though, this trade doesn't make much sense. I thought they were trying to get rid of a RB, not get another good one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read