Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-02-2006   #1
HoustonianStuckinCali
Rookie

Default Titan's Website, concerning Vince Young

I have copied a link to this post to the Titans website. There are two reports on May 25 which talk about Vince's progression in the offense. I think many of his detractors will be silenced. http://www.titansonline.com/ Vince is already practicing with the first team something that is very rare for a rookie quarterback. Vince is a perfectionist and he's critical of himself because he wants to be the top QB he knows he can be. There was a misleading post on this board which took Keith Bulluck’s words out of context. On the second clip you can hear Bulluck's opinion of Young straight from his own lips. The clip is entitled Fisher, Bulluck recap latest round of OTA's. So play these links and then tell me what you think.
HoustonianStuckinCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Talking

I think someone told me two lies now.

Those cheerleaders didn't look like toothless hags or my sister?
Old 06-02-2006   #3
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering the McNair situation, I would be surprised by anything other than glowing reviews on Vince within the organization.

Great video Vinny. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 06-02-2006   #4
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The best thing on that page is the Remembing the Oilers: Earl Campbell video from the NFL films collection. That's well worth clicking on if you are young and never really saw him play...or an old guy like me remembering the greatest. It's been around for quite a while so it's nothing new...if you want to see something new.
No they just updated again... with a story about Young promoting Dell products for kids... in Tennesse. OOoooo air... I need air... breath ... take ... deep breath.

first I have to watch Earl on a Titans site, then I have to see Dell on a Titan's site.

Whatever did I do to deserve this? I said I am sorry for taking the Pastor's daughter to the prom like a hundred times!!!

just kidding.

It does irk me a little though.
---

On a serious note: All those guys talking about how Vince would only destroy our team's chemistry are looking pretty good right now. Doesn't even look like they are going to give Volek a fighting chance. I hope we pick him up on waivers next season ( Volek that is ).
Old 06-02-2006   #5
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
On a serious note: All those guys talking about how Vince would only destroy our team's chemistry are looking pretty good right now. Doesn't even look like they are going to give Volek a fighting chance. I hope we pick him up on waivers next season ( Volek that is ).
Yeah, I don't understand why the Titans seem down on Volek -- all the guy did was tear it up everytime he got a chance to play. Seemed to be a very solid QB IMHO.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #6
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Volek = Commander Cody
I liked Cody Carlson and thought he could have been a good QB if he weren't so fragile. I can't remember him playing two consecutive games without getting hurt.
Old 06-02-2006   #7
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Well to be honest I have not seen a single down that Volek has played. Maybe I saw him in a few PAC-10 games, but I sure don't remember him. ( and maybe some highlights, but I didn't pay attention )

Carlson however I do.

What do you get when you mix Baylor, Glanville, Oiler, and Herzeg together?

There is no way Volek is that inert and volatile at the same time.
Old 06-03-2006   #8
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

I'll tell ya whats sweet ... they have a live screensaver that we need on our site. It updates itself with news, pix & other stuff.
Old 06-03-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The best thing on that page is the Remembing the Oilers: Earl Campbell video from the NFL films collection. That's well worth clicking on if you are young and never really saw him play...or an old guy like me remembering the greatest. It's been around for quite a while so it's nothing new...if you want to see something new.
Would you be so kind to alert me to where in the heck that is on their website?

I find myself becoming a gruff middle aged man when it comes to finding things on web pages.
Old 06-03-2006   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Would you be so kind to alert me to where in the heck that is on their website?
You have to scroll down in the multimedia section. The clip is dated 05.22.06 and is just under 5 minutes long in the Real Movie format.

One of Campbell's best runs isn't shown. It was a Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas where Earl runs outside, freezes the Cowboys All-Pro FS Cliff Harris on a juke, and goes 63 yards untouched. The guy had power and moves. That Tennessee tries to claim Earl as their own makes me ill. The guy's a Texas legend, for crying outloud.
Old 06-03-2006   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim

I'll tell ya whats sweet ... they have a live screensaver that we need on our site. It updates itself with news, pix & other stuff.

That is sweet. I have one of the Cowboys as my screensaver. Another thing I thought was nice are the license plate magnet giveaways that display the team logo. They really looked nice on the car doors before and after the games as well as the refrigerator . I prefer those to T-Shirts and football cards.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #12
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
One of Campbell's best runs isn't shown. It was a Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas where Earl runs outside, freezes the Cowboys All-Pro FS Cliff Harris on a juke, and goes 63 yards untouched. The guy had power and moves. That Tennessee tries to claim Earl as their own makes me ill. The guy's a Texas legend, for crying outloud.
Yeah Cliff Harris wrote a chapter in his book about that!

I couldn't find a clip of the run or even pictures, but I did find this SI article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cen...lcentury_team/

It's from Zimmerman ( who's kinda the Football guru, even with his old school slant )

Cliff Harris is not only All-Pro, but All-Century. So that kinda accents the comment a bit.
---

I am going to be in Austin in a month or two. I am thinking I am going to stop by the grounds and see how feasible it is to get a statue of Earl built at one of the roadside parks on I-30. It would be nice to have Earl greet visitors from Tennesse... and of course bid them safe tidings on their way home too.

It might work if nobody catches on too quickly.
Old 06-03-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Cliff Harris is not only All-Pro, but All-Century. So that kinda accents the comment a bit.
Yup. Cliff Harris was fantastic--a terminator out there. Saw an interview once with him and Charlie Waters. Waters gave all the credit for his interceptions to people being scared of Harris. Interestingly, Harris was undrafted but beat draft pick Waters out initially--they ended up as such a great duo they have a website www.cliffandcharlie.com together. Harris should be in the Hall of Fame.
Old 06-08-2006   #14
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Bottom line is VY is strugglin' learning the playbook.That is why Bud is having to go after another vet. QB, hey already said they dont want to force him onto the feild too early. So, when ever VY is ready to play, 07' or '08' the Texans will be ready for him!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006   #15
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

With McNair gone the Titans clearly have a great deal of trust in the abilities of Young to master the play book.
Old 06-08-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Vinny!

Earl was, by far, my greatest childhood hero. He was like a real life superhero to me, and definitely the reason I really started watching football with a passion.

I know he was never a Houston Texan, but I'd have no problem if the team just retired number 34 out of respect for his legacy and the fans. NOBODY will ever be able to wear that number in a Houston football uniform and fill those shoes. He was one of a kind.
Old 06-10-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

from www.kffl.com

Titans | Volek to start; Young to see time
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:52:43 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports the trade of QB Steve McNair to the Baltimore Ravens will allow for Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek to become the team's starting quarterback, but QB Vince Young should expect to see some snaps as well. "Let's face it. You're going to see (No.) 10 on the field this year," Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said. "Where and when and how, I can't be specific, but you're going to see him on the field at some point."
Old 06-10-2006   #18
HOOK'EM
Veteran

VY, welcome to Super Mario World!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Thanks for the heads up, Vinny!

Earl was, by far, my greatest childhood hero. He was like a real life superhero to me, and definitely the reason I really started watching football with a passion.

I know he was never a Houston Texan, but I'd have no problem if the team just retired number 34 out of respect for his legacy and the fans. NOBODY will ever be able to wear that number in a Houston football uniform and fill those shoes. He was one of a kind.
I've met lots of sports figures, including a lot of hall of fame types. Meeting Earl for even a brief time completely freaked me out. His thighs were just beyond human comprehension. Earl was one of the few sports figures who looked bigger to me in person than he did on TV.
Old 06-11-2006   #20
Tale Gator
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
from www.kffl.com

Titans | Volek to start; Young to see time
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:52:43 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports the trade of QB Steve McNair to the Baltimore Ravens will allow for Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek to become the team's starting quarterback, but QB Vince Young should expect to see some snaps as well. "Let's face it. You're going to see (No.) 10 on the field this year," Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said. "Where and when and how, I can't be specific, but you're going to see him on the field at some point."
Looks like Volek will get his chance, but wow we will be seeing lots of VY in his first year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read