Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2006   #1
jparrish
Rookie

Default Phillip Buchanon wiffing on the tackle

Does anybody have a link to a video of this? I heard it was extremely obvious, but I never got to see it.
jparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #2
AFD1717
Veteran

My therapist and I were finally able to get that image out of my head. I don't want to see it again.
AFD1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
Does anybody have a link to a video of this? I heard it was extremely obvious, but I never got to see it.
No, but I did find this...

Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Coleman did the exact same at the same area of field against Kansas City. I believe it was Larry Johnson and he was going to lay the wood on Coleman, he bailed out.

Both of them happened in front of the Bull Pen inside the 10.

I would like to see both of those clips and compare the similarties.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #5
jparrish
Rookie

I just don't see how a player can be that selfish and be like "hell no, I'm not gonna hit him"
Old 06-01-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD1717
My therapist and I were finally able to get that image out of my head. I don't want to see it again.
Ah, I swore that I would never mention it again after I read he ran down the coach and was gripping about it. That was good enough for me. Let it go, turn the page. Willie Parker is the real deal. As long as Fanaca is in front of him, P-buc won't be the last one made to look silly. P-buc is never ever going to be a physical corner. JMHO.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #7
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
Ah, I swore that I would never mention it again after I read he ran down the coach and was gripping about it. That was good enough for me. Let it go, turn the page. Willie Parker is the real deal. As long as Fanaca is in front of him, P-buc won't be the last one made to look silly. P-buc is never ever going to be a physical corner. JMHO.
Well that's not really his style (from what I've read, he didn't show much style last year). He's supposed to be a finesse corner, that will take some risks to hit away a ball or get an INT. I think Dieon Sanders was the same way, never too physical, but dang near perfect at finesse.
Old 06-01-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
No, but I did find this...

Wow, real nice moves..
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #9
wicked_wayz
all blacks

whats the heck is wrong with him......i know he's just a corner and all he wants is pass defence or intercepts but he needs to learn how to tackle. he should play rugby league so he can harden up or some one like mario or peek should hit him HARD just so he can get used to the physical side of the game.

in rugby league EVERYONE wants to tackle or atleast try to, ofcourse they probably get bumped of like hell, but they pick themselves up and try again, cause HELL NO are any rugby league players gonna just lay down and make it easier for the runner...

but yeah all buchannon need is a good hit from dunta just to harden him up
Old 06-01-2006   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
= PBuc when the RB is comin at him. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I just wish they had a smilie of a matador w/cape! LOL!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #11
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

The caption to the right of the video it says:

one of the best punt returners/corners in the NFL, on miami in this video

Now that is funny.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with turning the page: blog post on secondary.

When CC got PBuc, he got him as a light-hitting cover corner. They knew what they wree getting, and they thought, in his words, they could "coach him up."

They might still can.

People can stay bitter at the cost of acquiring PBuc, but ultimately, those are sunk costs, he is cheap to keep, he has demonstrated embarrassment about the ole, and its now a new year.

Let's wish him the best and hope the new season puts him in a better position to succeed. That is one of Kubiak's mantras--putting players in positions that they can excel and giving them confidence that their hardwork will lead to good results. Who can argue with that?
Old 06-02-2006   #13
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
LMAO!
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think with Buc he had some really BAD coaching in Oakland, and some of it effected him menatly.........If he can get over it and learn his technique, cause Hoke is the best at it, I think we will see plenty of highlight films from him.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #15
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

He should be much more effective this year with an improved pass rush and better run defense by the front 7.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

if i see him wiff another tackle, i'm calling him P Suck.
Old 06-02-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Even if he leads the league in INTs?? INTs returned for touchdowns?? Punt Returns returned for touchdowns??

I understand it's bad to avoid contact, when you're the last guy..... but that means 9 other guys...... 9 guys whose job is to stop Larry Johnson, or Willie Parker screwed up as well.

I'm not trying to defend Buchanon....... but... I'd like to see him get the opportunity to do what he was brought here to do.....
Old 06-02-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Well that's not really his style (from what I've read, he didn't show much style last year). He's supposed to be a finesse corner, that will take some risks to hit away a ball or get an INT. I think Dieon Sanders was the same way, never too physical, but dang near perfect at finesse.

Buchannon is no way near the play of Deion, who was a shut down corner.

Nice try.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #19
jparrish
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Even if he leads the league in INTs?? INTs returned for touchdowns?? Punt Returns returned for touchdowns??

I understand it's bad to avoid contact, when you're the last guy..... but that means 9 other guys...... 9 guys whose job is to stop Larry Johnson, or Willie Parker screwed up as well.

I'm not trying to defend Buchanon....... but... I'd like to see him get the opportunity to do what he was brought here to do.....
It's actually 10 other guys....
Old 06-02-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish
It's actually 10 other guys....
Nah..... DRob was doing his job.. you know that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read