Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-01-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Eagles showing interest in J Gatlin

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5

per fox sports, the Philly Eagles are reportedly interested in picking up Justin Gatlin (currently sharing the world record for the 100 m).
Old 06-01-2006   #2
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

thats just crazy...I dont know how good he was in High school, but that man can flat out fly....Im not sure how much pads will slow him down, but thats just a sick thought....another sick thought is him taking a hit from someone coming at him full speed...talk about a train wreck.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I wonder what his 40 time would be...probably in the 3.5-3.75 range He would be at the 35 yard line before any of the special team players would reach him if he returned kicks (which it seems like that's how they would use him). If he can manage to stay healthy in football and if his heart is there that would be a real site to see. But kick returning isn't as easy as it sounds so you never know.

With Jerome Mathis hurt maybe we should be interested too
Old 06-01-2006   #4
stevo3883
All Pro

Gatlin wouldn't really be a great football player imo.

the reason he is so great in the 100m is his end speed. he pulls away at the end of every race, but is beat off the line quite a bit.
Old 06-02-2006   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I wonder what his 40 time would be...probably in the 3.5-3.75 range He would be at the 35 yard line before any of the special team players would reach him if he returned kicks (which it seems like that's how they would use him). If he can manage to stay healthy in football and if his heart is there that would be a real site to see. But kick returning isn't as easy as it sounds so you never know.

With Jerome Mathis hurt maybe we should be interested too
that would be impossible. i think it would be around the low to mid 4.2's if timed the right way. there is a site about the flaws of the 40 and how it is timed and talks about how when ben johnson ran it he was in the 4.2 range. i wish i could find the site cause on other sites it always comes up when this topic is discussed.

i don't know how that would work, the guy is fast and is pretty big but i don't know how he would translate onto the field but it might be worth a shot.
Old 06-02-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
that would be impossible. i think it would be around the low to mid 4.2's if timed the right way. there is a site about the flaws of the 40 and how it is timed and talks about how when ben johnson ran it he was in the 4.2 range. i wish i could find the site cause on other sites it always comes up when this topic is discussed.

i don't know how that would work, the guy is fast and is pretty big but i don't know how he would translate onto the field but it might be worth a shot.
Agreed, I don't see him running anything below a 4.20 (although Darrell Green is rumored to have run a sub-4.20 several years ago and he wasn't as fast as Gatlin). However, he would probably be a very slightly faster Jerome Mathis that isn't especially agile side-to-side and would only be useful for hitting a seam on KORs and then outrunning everyone else to the end zone, but that's assuming he can catch a ball reliably as well.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan80
but wouldnt that make him ineligible for the olympics
As far as I know professional athletes are eligible for the Olympics now in all sports, and they get paid money if they win a medal. Winning a medal in the Olympics (or receiving sponsorship money from companies to participate in the Olympics) voids their collegiate eligibility, but I'm not aware of them losing Olympic eligiblity for being a professional athlete.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read