Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-01-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gaffney relieved to be with a winning team

Here's to a 2-14 season for the Eagles...

Eagles | Gaffney relieved to be with winning team
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:46:19 -0700

Zach Berman, of PhiladelphiaEagles.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Jabar Gaffney is happy to be with a new team with a winning mentality. Over the past four seasons with the Houston Texans, he only won 18 games, whereas the Eagles won 43 in the same span. Gaffney wants to be a part of a winning team and is working hard to absorb the new playbook so he can contribute.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

It's a business.
Old 06-01-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the locker room material.

He made similar comments back in March - unless those are some old leftover comments being recycled.

If I was him, I'd shut my pie-hole. Context would help as always.

edit: I can't find anything recent from that author on that website about Gaffney. Maybe the kffl guys are still looking at that two month old multimedia clip which is still up on their front page. Or maybe I overlooked it since I'm in a hurry and have to go somewhere...

Last edited by aj.; 06-01-2006 at 12:17 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

cant blame him though

he never really got a good shot here in houston
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #5
baba ganoush
Veteran

he should be greatful that we drafted him instead of clinton portis
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #6
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems from all the WR acquisitions, Kubiak had already made up his mind about Gaffney. Maybe that is why Gaffney is saying these things?

This makes Week 1 very interesting. I can't wait.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #7
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

Weren't the Eagles under .500 last year
carter08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2006   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter08
Weren't the Eagles under .500 last year
Yes, quarterback was out though and they still have the core of the team that has been very succesful in the past.

It seems that most people think it was just a bad year and they will be back to usual form.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #9
EF55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Thanks for the locker room material.

He made similar comments back in March - unless those are some old leftover comments being recycled.

If I was him, I'd shut my pie-hole. Context would help as always.

edit: I can't find anything recent from that author on that website about Gaffney. Maybe the kffl guys are still looking at that two month old multimedia clip which is still up on their front page. Or maybe I overlooked it since I'm in a hurry and have to go somewhere...

Here is a copy of the article, I really don't think he intended to bash anyone although he's better served to keep quiet until after the eagles and texans play.

That being said there is no doubt the eagles have unproven receivers of less talent then the texans do
Although we went to 3 straight NFCCG's before TO got there with less then we have now. I think the difference is we two proven QB's who will not be injured come opening day. Gaffney will probably not star because of the learning curve but by mid season I would think he'll be getting along pretty good

A Sigh Of Relief For Gaffney

June 1, 2006
By ZACH BERMAN

The sigh was the giveaway.
Jabar Gaffney is a veteran now, and a professional at that. He wasn't going to rip any old teammates or bring up fighting words for the Eagles' opening game in Houston on Sept. 10, but the former Texans receiver who signed with the Eagles during the off-season answered the question ...without actually answering it.

In Philadelphia, he has two veteran quarterbacks, Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia, who've played in a combined eight Pro Bowls. While in Houston, he was part of an expansion team with a rookie quarterback. There's a bit of difference.

WR Jabar Gaffney
He admitted the difference in a classy manner.

"It's great. No matter which one it is, I'm going to get some great work," Gaffney said. "Two veteran quarterbacks, two great quarterbacks. If I'm not going with one, I'm going with the other."

But before he answered was that sigh ...of relief, it seemed, because after winning 18 games in four seasons, he's joining a team that's won 43 games in that span. Again, just a bit of a difference.

After all, he was in Houston from its infancy. The organization was developing as he was, and when a team is struggling, veterans are important. With the Eagles quarterbacks, Gaffney has no concerns.

"That makes it easier," Gaffney said. "Both of those guys are in meetings, both of them have been starters, both could be starters and both take control in the huddle. Guys listen to them."

Especially Gaffney. While his experience in Houston is helping him learn quickly, the offense and playbook are still new. He's like a rookie, after playing for the same coach in the same system for the past four seasons.

Gaffney's arrival as one of the selected veterans for this week's set of organized practices is an indication of his excitement. This is his chance to play for a winner. He wants to be a part of it as quickly as possible. For him, that happens by digesting Andy Reid's offense.

"To me, it's like a foreign language," Gaffney said. "I'm starting to get it down. All it's about is repetitions."

No problem there. Gaffney will have a lot of opportunities. As the Eagles' only veteran receiver acquisition, Gaffney encumbers a pretty big burden. After the Eagles parted ways with Terrell Owens and Freddie Mitchell and traded Billy McMullen during the past two seasons, Gaffney becomes the Eagles' second most experienced receiver behind Todd Pinkston.

Still, critics question the receiving corps. It's nothing new, although the Eagles always answered those questions by winning. After playing in Houston, Gaffney's not used to winning. But he'll make up for lost time. And with a quarterback like McNabb throwing to him, Gaffney knows a change of scenery could help answer any questions.

"I look at it as an opportunity," Gaffney said. "(Owens) was here the last couple of years, but you can't base your receiving corps off of one guy ...When we go down to Houston, all those questions will be answered."
EF55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #10
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I can't wait til the first game when Gaffney goes across the middle and gets laid the @#!$ out!!!!
Old 06-01-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaff your going to get rocked, this is not the same team brother, you need to watch what comes out of your mouth next.

Wow I have not played in 5 years and I want to hit him cold, could only imagine what his Xteamates want to do to him.

Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Mario! Since you laid out their QB's, go play CB for a while...

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you found anything he said disrespectful, you are just looking for something. Nothing here, move on.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
If you found anything he said disrespectful, you are just looking for something. Nothing here, move on.
It's the offseason, of course we're looking for something
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #15
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
It's the offseason, of course we're looking for something
preach on brother!!!
Old 06-01-2006   #16
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It was tough for a lot of players being here the past four years, and I'm sure many of them would echo Gaffney's comments. My best to him, but I hope we throttle his Eagles.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #17
kingh99

I'm sure Pinkston will toughen him up. LOL. I hope he fails because he was a dog here. A d-o-g.
Old 06-01-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i hope dunta robinson breaks him in two.
Old 06-01-2006   #19
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Mario Williams gets to pancake him on one of those reverse plays!
Old 06-01-2006   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"That makes it easier," Gaffney said. "Both of those guys are in meetings, both of them have been starters, both could be starters and both take control in the huddle. Guys listen to them."
Ouch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read