Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default JJ where are you?

Fills Mathis need in a hurry. No problem catching the ball and getting good field position. That's all we need with this team and he's not a problem in the locker room.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #2
cincyTEXAN
Rookie

word....although not as explosive,he always seemed to get somethin outta nothin. but i don't think kubes will fill a spot w/ a kick returner only.but i would be fine w/it.
Old 05-31-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

JJ only did returns, and we've allready have our special teams only spot filled with Pittman. Id rather see Wali Lundy give it a try or let PBuch have a go at it.
Old 05-31-2006   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

After bouncing between the Cards and Bears last year, I believe that Mr. Moses is waiting by the phone for one of 32 teams to call him.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyTEXAN
word....although not as explosive,he always seemed to get somethin outta nothin. but i don't think kubes will fill a spot w/ a kick returner only.but i would be fine w/it.

I would tend to believe that Kub may be looking at a WR type with promise, to "convert" him to a return man rather than a return man to convert to a WR which historically seems to be a process of limited potential.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How about some of those RBs. Can any of them field punts and kickoffs? Guys like Rhodes.

I know Starling did an up to par job when he handled them in his rookie year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
How about some of those RBs. Can any of them field punts and kickoffs? Guys like Rhodes.

I know Starling did an up to par job when he handled them in his rookie year.
Are there any stats of Rhodes returning kicks in college?
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
JJ only did returns, and we've allready have our special teams only spot filled with Pittman. Id rather see Wali Lundy give it a try or let PBuch have a go at it.
Couldn't Owens be our LS?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ....JJ...JJ...JJ...JJ...Yea man why not, he always gave us good field possition and never fumbled...........I go to lakewood church and saw him and Jerry Deloach there not too far back so he might be in town.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #10
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
JJ....JJ...JJ...JJ...JJ...Yea man why not, he always gave us good field possition and never fumbled...........I go to lakewood church and saw him and Jerry Deloach there not too far back so he might be in town.

Hey Hulk, you go to lakewood??

Cool, I go there too. I've seen David Carr and his family there too. They always sit towards the front row.

Never seen JJ though, but I'll keep my eye out.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
Hey Hulk, you go to lakewood??

Cool, I go there too. I've seen David Carr and his family there too. They always sit towards the front row.

Never seen JJ though, but I'll keep my eye out.
Yea I have seen them there a couple of times as well, I sat behind them once and I think it was his tall brother sat right in front of me and I could not see a thing, it was pretty funny.
Old 06-01-2006   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I watch Lakewood on TV here in Austin. I saw when David Carr was there.

Maybe one of the DBs can start also at KR/PR.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Are there any stats of Rhodes returning kicks in college?

..........Approximately 20 yards for Kick off return....no apparent punt return stats. Certainly potential is there.

http://www.suathletics.com/roster.as...r=168&path=gen
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

JJ was always fun to watch because you never knew what the hell he was going to do. He'd go ten different directions before he found the best route out. That's one thing i think mathis is lacking... the agility and nimbleness. Mathis is just a north south guy most of the time.
Old 06-01-2006   #15
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
JJ was always fun to watch because you never knew what the hell he was going to do. He'd go ten different directions before he found the best route out. That's one thing i think mathis is lacking... the agility and nimbleness. Mathis is just a north south guy most of the time.
The problem with dancing is you can go ten yards back to maybe make two extra yards, or you could lose three or four. At least with North/South, you know you are getting yards.
Old 06-01-2006   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
The problem with dancing is you can go ten yards back to maybe make two extra yards, or you could lose three or four. At least with North/South, you know you are getting yards.
this is true. I'd take a great north south runner over a great squirrel any day. i'm just saying that as a fan, i get more entertainment out of watching a guy bounce around a bit before deciding where to go.
Old 06-01-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Didn't JJ have 1,000+yards on Kick Returns?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read