Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wali Lundy, crazy life.............

Did any of you hear the story on Wali Lundy just a couple days back, his Mother and Father both died when he was around 12 and then he almost died from some scar tissue on his appendix I believe, and then his brother died not to far back.................Very sad but a very strong kid, that puts his faith in God, he said thats what gets him through all that has happened to him.

If this has been here before you guys can earse it, but I am rooting for this kid to make the squad and do well, he was very productive in College and thats what Kubiak liked about him................
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Did any of you hear the story on Wali Lundy just a couple days back, his Mother and Father both died when he was around 12 and then he almost died from some scar tissue on his appendix I believe, and then his brother died not to far back.................Very sad but a very strong kid, that puts his faith in God, he said thats what gets him through all that has happened to him.

If this has been here before you guys can earse it, but I am rooting for this kid to make the squad and do well, he was very productive in College and thats what Kubiak liked about him................

Do you have a link in which this story came from?

I find it interesting that The Texans are coming around nicely. I think they are getting the right people that have it both on the inside and outside.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea here it is..........

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...092304aaw.html

Quote:
"I think he's meant to do something great. I think he was destined."
Wasn't Terrell Davis a guy nobody wanted and was drafted in the 6th rd?
Old 05-31-2006   #4
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Quote:
Yea here it is..........

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...092304aaw.html

Wasn't Terrell Davis a guy nobody wanted and was drafted in the 6th rd?
He has gone through alot. I will be rooting for him to make it as well.
Old 05-31-2006   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Davis

Yes he was. His bio is on this link.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't find a word to say.......... Only thing I can do is to root for him and wish him the best. GO WALI!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, to overcome all of that with a positive attitude, he has alot of strength. I think that Iron Will will translate to success in the NFL, he just doesn't give up. I will be cheering him on.
Old 05-31-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow...just like Tracy McGrady.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks for sharing, I love stories like this.
Old 05-31-2006   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Great post! I read the link and this kid has been through alot. I'll be pulling for him too!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon Lundy. I hope he makes this happen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

At the draft luncheon, Casserly told about an on-going joke between him and Kubiak about how they could get any old running back from the 6th round, and Kubiak could plug him in and get success.

Wali was a 6th round pick. Early reports suggest that he is a Kubiak kinda runner.

Yeah, definitely a kleenex kinda bio.
Old 05-31-2006   #13
humbleone
Veteran

Wow, first the story about Mario offering to give up football to support his brother's family after he was KIA in Iraq, now this one....

Go Lundy!!! You have a shot to own this town...we love guys like you!
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
At the draft luncheon, Casserly told about an on-going joke between him and Kubiak about how they could get any old running back from the 6th round, and Kubiak could plug him in and get success.

Wali was a 6th round pick. Early reports suggest that he is a Kubiak kinda runner.

Yeah, definitely a kleenex kinda bio.
Build your offense on the first day of the draft then take a back every year on the second day except for the years when someone exceptional falls. If Lundy plays well he will be one of the cornerstone stories that will surround the start of the Kubiak era.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #15
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 71 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2fb?

Assuming Lundy impresses the team as much as it sounds like he he has, I wonder how he fits. 3 talibacks are the norm, but I wonder if Morancy stays with the team. It asking a lot for him to change to the style of the scheme.
If they do a lot of 3 wrs sets, Cook could be the only fb. That would open the door for Lundy. Practice squad might be more practical. Either way, I agree the future looks bright for Lundy!!!
Old 05-31-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776
Assuming Lundy impresses the team as much as it sounds like he he has, I wonder how he fits. 3 talibacks are the norm, but I wonder if Morancy stays with the team. It asking a lot for him to change to the style of the scheme.
If they do a lot of 3 wrs sets, Cook could be the only fb. That would open the door for Lundy. Practice squad might be more practical. Either way, I agree the future looks bright for Lundy!!!
Heard he has been running with the 1st team every once in a while.
Old 05-31-2006   #17
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 71 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default That would make sense

I really think that Morency gets traded or cut and Lundy becomes the backup to DD. Smith and then another back situtional back, either Bennit or a fb/rb tweener, would round out the five.
Old 05-31-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan80
Wow, thats a lot to over come and i will be rooting for him on sunday
you said it better.
Old 05-31-2006   #19
Jwwillis
All Pro

I made a post on Buy/Sell a month ago or so..

Lundy will make the team and become one of Kubiacs favorite players..If DD gets hurt Lundy will start.

Next guy sold but i don't blame him, it's a long shot, but I got a feeling about this kid. I hope i'm right.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Build your offense on the first day of the draft then take a back every year on the second day except for the years when someone exceptional falls. If Lundy plays well he will be one of the cornerstone stories that will surround the start of the Kubiak era.
well said and the reason why the Texans should of taken a QB named Vince Young.......except the chance to draft a stud defensive end came along the kind you don't get a chance to add to your team everyday

the very reason & crux of the matter why the Texans passed on Reggie Bush

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read