Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-30-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys deny rumor that Julius Jones is on the trading block

LINK

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones dismissed rumors that Jones was on the trading block on draft day. He also wouldn't call his running back injury-prone -- although that label is dangerously close to sticking.

He has played in 21 NFL games in two seasons. When he was a rookie, Jones injured his shoulder, keeping him out of seven games. Last year, he suffered a high ankle sprain in Week 5 that kept him out of three games.

Only once last season did he crack the 100-yard barrier. It was a memorable performance on Christmas Eve, when he rushed for 194 yards in a last-second win over Carolina.

"[The ankle] wasn't 100 percent then. But for some reason, I was able to go on it that day," Jones said. "Some days you could go on it and some days you'd twist it and -- boom -- you're out the rest of the game. It's a weird injury, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody."

Jones just wants to play all 16 games -- a healthy 16 games. If he does, the rest will come. He will be the Cowboys' first 1,000-yard rusher since Emmitt Smith in 2001. He will be the anchor to an offense that now features Terrell Owens.

BIG BANG THEORY

Nearly 40 percent of Julius Jones' 1,812 rushing yards have come in four games. But in those four games, he has been dominant.

Carries Yds. TDs Result
Nov. 25, 2004 vs. Chicago 33 150 2 W, 21-7
Dec. 6, 2004 at Seattle 30 198 3 W, 43-39
Jan. 2, 2005 at NY Giants 29 149 1 L, 28-24
Dec. 24, 2005 at Carolina 34 194 2 W, 24-20

The rest: 17 games, 328 carries, 1,121 yards, 65.9 rushing yards per game, 3.4 yards per carry, 4 TDs, 8-9 record

Last edited by texan279; 05-31-2006 at 12:58 AM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Sometimes I wonder why they bother to ask the owner slash general manager? Like he is going to say, "yes we tried to trade him but couldn't get a favourable deal, however we are glad that he is on our team giving 100 and 10%. We are not trading him. We would not take a 5th rounder or perhaps a LB for him. No way. A perfectly healthy running and receiving threat like that? You have to be kidding. We wouldn't take a DB for him either. No truth to that rumour at all."

wait... I think I understand now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read