Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2006   #1
mapleleaf
Veteran

Default Wikipedia article of the Texans

What do you think of it???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Texans

I think of it as a little bit biased against the Texans, but it's okay at least.
Old 05-29-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First Round Draft Picks
2002 David Carr QB, 1st Overall
2003 Andre Johnson WR, 3rd Overall
2004 Dunta Robinson CB, 10th Overall
2004 Jason Babin LB, 27th Overall (From Tennessee)
2005 Travis Johnson DE, 16th Overall
2006 Mario Williams DE, 1st Overall
That not to bad of a 1st rd from our X-GM.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I though it was realistic and straightforward. Not much, in our brief history, to brag about...YET. I guess I'm thankfull they took the time to write about us.
Old 05-29-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I take issue with some of the statements:

Quote:
the fact that the majority of the former Oilers fans were supporting the Dallas Cowboys after the relocation indicating that they still like football and the NFL, and the fact that it too had lost a franchise to relocation.
the majority of Oiler fans became Cowboy fans????? HA.

Quote:
Like many other NFL teams located in subtropical climates, the Texans traditionally wear their white jerseys at home during the first half of the season forcing opponents to wear their dark ones under the hot autumns in Houston. They team will still wear white jerseys during those early regular season games even though the retractable roof of the club's home field, Reliant Stadium, may be closed.
This was correct last season but I don't think it is for this season. Otherwise, why would we be having a designated Liberty White game this year?
Old 05-29-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you don't like it, you can register and change it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #6
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
If you don't like it, you can register and change it.
No you can change it right now.

Besides, usually any information you put in there is monitored by volunteers and they do some basic research and they if they find out it was a lie or nonsense then they remove it. So I'm guessing these are all true, if it weren't then we wouldn't be seeing those information right then and there.
Old 05-29-2006   #7
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

After the Oilers left, I followed the Titans for awhile, but never ever did I follow the Cowboys. I have always hated the Cowboys, and even went so far as to root for our division rival Steelers when they met in the Super Bowl. I hated the Steelers back then because they were the main reason why the Oilers were shut out of the playoffs even though they had a better record than other teams that made it. I could never root for the Cowboys. It goes against every grain of my being to root for the Cowboys
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Oilers left, I rooted for the best team ever: the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Ohh yeah...

Old 05-29-2006   #9
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
It is believed that the team might go without a general manager this season, the first time any NFL team has tried to do.
I can't believe no one has noticed this crap....
Old 05-29-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
I can't believe no one has noticed this crap....
it was noted, but soon dismissed, in the GM threads
Old 05-29-2006   #11
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
it was noted, but soon dismissed, in the GM threads
Where?
Old 05-29-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
Where?
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=23419
In fact, it was you that asked.
Old 05-29-2006   #13
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Oh I see, I even cited it myself there.
Old 05-30-2006   #14
Bear
Rookie

Anyone notice the Judge Hofheinz curse mentioned here:

Quote:
...the Texans ended their season with a 2-14 record, the worst record in the NFL in the 2005 season (a record some have laid blame on the Texans' front office or a certain curse)...
Interesting...

Quote:
Many cite the curse the reason why the Houston Oilers moved out of Houston, and the failure of them getting into the Super Bowl in January 1993 when they lost to the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Wild Card. Some cite the Curse of Judge Hofheinz as the reason for the recent misfortune of the new football team: Houston Texans's 2005 season. However some believe the curse has been also been attributed to the city itself, since the city has lost bids for many world-famous events such as the 2012 Summer Olympics, and the Expo. Also that many Houston natives that compete in reality television game shows often lose, recent victim of that factor is Will Makar in American Idol.

There is a Houston Chronicle article back in 1994 during the Rockets playoff run explaining the curse's effect on all of the major pro sports teams, though they never mentioned it by name. [1]

This curse is considered to be one of the toughest, complicated, and hardest curse to break sportswise.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh God!!! Now people will talk about that. Oh wait, it's from Houston and not Boston so they wont.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #16
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Oh God!!! Now people will talk about that. Oh wait, it's from Houston and not Boston so they wont.
The one in Boston is broken, so....they'll all pay attention to Houston.
Old 05-30-2006   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I take issue with some of the statements:

the majority of Oiler fans became Cowboy fans????? HA.
I fixed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Texans
Old 05-30-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 376122 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I get a chuckle out of people that use Wikipedia to back up their positions. I have found it to be an interesting source of information, but not one that I would stake my position on if it's the only source.

Curse, smurse. What a bunch of hogwash. Voodoo is only real if you let your mind believe in it. I think the law of average, the laws of economics, and the laws of meddling-team-owners-that-don't-have-a-clue-about-winning have more to do with Houston's 'curse' than anything else.
Old 05-30-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's add a Titans entry for the fun of it.

I can just see it now........ :bananasplit:
Old 05-30-2006   #20
Eyeguy
Veteran

Rockets broke the CURSE.
Was there a team in the old WFL named the TEXANS that is not listed?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read