Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2006   #1
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Talking No Bashing, Just Basking, I can't wait!

I'm new to this board, but I was starting to get a little down from quite a few threads bashing one player or another, and I just thought....how could you be negative this season? I don't know about you folks, but I've been waiting and hoping for the things that have happened this offseason.

The end of the stalling tactics of Dom capers and company.

New talent and competition on the Defensive Line

Some new talent/targets for david Carr to throw to

A chance for some consistency in our O-line

The switch to the 4-3 which compliments more of our players than 3-4

Better coaching staff to give our really good prospects a chance to do well

So now we have all these things, and I cant wait for the season to start. actually for the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to training camp. Kubiak has assembled bonafide competition at so many positions , it's really gonna be fun to see what happens!
Old 05-29-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Howdy!

Quote:
I'm new to this board, but I was starting to get a little down from quite a few threads bashing one player or another, and I just thought....how could you be negative this season? I dont know about you folks, but I've been waiting and hoping for the things that have happend this offseason.
Welcome to the MB. I choose to believe that the majority of people do not enjoy bashing people but that the ones who do tend to be a more vocal sort.

I was thinking the same thing, so I wrote a little something on my Texans blog about it: Gratuitous link

Also wrote some stuff that might make you a little cheery.

Hang around the MB and do what I try to do. Pay attention to the stuff that makes sense and is insightful and blow off the people who are more into ad hominems and ugliness.
Old 05-30-2006   #3
fastpitchwoof
Rookie

I am relatively new to this board also and I look forward to seeing the positive reports of players. The player bashings serves no good and only gets people down on this team. With Caper, the Texans had a plan that worked early (7-9 record). Then I think they panicked and changed some things that were not necessarily broken. They took a step back (a big step back). Then us fans got depressed and needed someone to blame. Did we really think the Texans were ready to compete in the playoffs?? I thought they might be able to get there but I didn't think they were ready to be a threat in the playoffs. It seemed that they went all in with a hand that was not that great (to use poker terminology). Thus we lost all of our chips.

Was it time to change the staff?? Yes. But not because they were incapable. They took their shot and it backfired. I am excited again about this new staff and players and most of everything that is happening this year with the Texans. I think we will be vastly improved. BUT WE MUST GIVE THIS NEW REGIME TIME! We should not panic over a 4-12 season if we see things beginning to turn around. We do not have a lot of older guys who are a year or 2 away from retirement. We are a very young team that has time to develop. So the window for success is wide open.

Go Texans!

Old 05-30-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I don't think the bashing is that bad of a problem compared to most MBs, and the only players that are getting bashed had high expectations for this season because we've been so positive on them and are not looking good so far, even though it's still a little early. So I guess the positive/negative can work against eachother
Old 05-30-2006   #5
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Not to mention we all want the season to START! lol
Old 05-30-2006   #6
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
I'm new to this board, but I was starting to get a little down from quite a few threads bashing one player or another, and I just thought....how could you be negative this season?
Very, very easily.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #7
trane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
I'm new to this board, but I was starting to get a little down from quite a few threads bashing one player or another, and I just thought....how could you be negative this season? I don't know about you folks, but I've been waiting and hoping for the things that have happened this offseason.

The end of the stalling tactics of Dom capers and company.

New talent and competition on the Defensive Line

Some new talent/targets for david Carr to throw to

A chance for some consistency in our O-line

The switch to the 4-3 which compliments more of our players than 3-4

Better coaching staff to give our really good prospects a chance to do well

So now we have all these things, and I cant wait for the season to start. actually for the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to training camp. Kubiak has assembled bonafide competition at so many positions , it's really gonna be fun to see what happens!
You make some very good points. There may be a lot of varying opinions on this board but one thing that everyone can agree on is that at 2-14...some changes needed to be made. Not every decision is perfect and there will some letdowns but at least now there is a sense of urgency in the organization.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2006   #8
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

There needs to be a no bashing just basking forum. That would be great. Besides most of the "bashing" talk is very premature and turns into bust talk about players that have barely been in the league for 1 or 2 seasons.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read